T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
What the fuck is that people saying to me? I want to die young. What kind of prolife excuse is that

• Hugs
Reactions: Ybother, TAW122, Living_Hurts_so_Much and 1 other person
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
It's such a generic and clichéd saying when they tell you that you have a lot to live for. Are they psychic? Because how do they know for sure our lives won't continue to get worse. It's also annoying because I can immediately tell that they don't understand.

Reactions: Ybother, _Minsk, SipSop and 4 others
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
It's such a generic and clichéd saying when they tell you that you have a lot to live for. Are they psychic? Because how do they know for sure our lives won't continue to get worse. It's also annoying because I can immediately tell that they don't understand.
What do you say to people who tell you have to keep on living because it's worth?

XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
Maybe to other people my life is worth living. But that's irrelevant to me. They don't actually walk in my shoes.

Reactions: CarbonMonoxide, _Minsk, TheAntidote87 and 3 others
Mustkeyknow

Mustkeyknow

Experienced
Feb 8, 2020
That and "it gets better" infuriate me. People obviously don't know what they're saying.

Reactions: Worthless_nobody
waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
"You have too many things to live for."

I'm that guy who everyone ignores, I'm not a person I'm an NPC to everyone who interacts with me in real life. I'm not a person in the eyes of others.

I was that weird kid in school people didn't really like, I was that weird coworker people didn''t like but pretended to like because he's good with computers and can save you when you are stuck with a problem because he's a natural at solving problems.

That's all I am at my best in the eyes of people, a tool, a guy who is "useful" but nothing more. I'm never an interesting guy, I'm never charismatic, or charming, or attractive, or loveable, or likeable, or funny. I'm never any of those things to others.

"You have too many things to live for"

This has been my life experience and I'm almost 30. I've played this game called "life" almost half way through it and I have yet to write myself a story like an actual person/human being.

No thanks, I don't have anything to live for. I'm done being a tool.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ybother, CarbonMonoxide, death137 and 3 others
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I think everyone assumes since life worked ok for them it will for us too...but that's not the case. They haven't lived a day in our lives or know our pain and suffering. Its just parroted empty platitudes. I can't stand when people gate keep suicide for younger people because "it might get better"...for some like me it got worse. These generic sayings are so meaningless.

Reactions: Ybother, AnotherBrick and SipSop
SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020
I want to fucking vent too!
They asume that we live the same fucking life even though that is not true!
They feel good so they asume that you feel good too. But you are different and even though you want the same things as they have maybe you cannot gain them for various reasons.
But they say: don't worry, be happy.
Fuck that. They do not understand how it feels. Because they do no experience it first hand.
"You have too many things to live for."

I'm that guy who everyone ignores, I'm not a person I'm an NPC to everyone who interacts with me in real life. I'm not a person in the eyes of others.

I was that weird kid in school people didn't really like, I was that weird coworker people didn''t like but pretended to like because he's good with computers and can save you when you are stuck with a problem because he's a natural at solving problems.

That's all I am at my best in the eyes of people, a tool, a guy who is "useful" but nothing more. I'm never an interesting guy, I'm never charismatic, or charming, or attractive, or loveable, or likeable, or funny. I'm never any of those things to others.

"You have too many things to live for"

This has been my life experience and I'm almost 30. I've played this game called "life" almost half way through it and I have yet to write myself a story like an actual person/human being.

No thanks, I don't have anything to live for. I'm done being a tool.
I understand this perfectly.
Other people get the attention and are valued as people while you are used ans dumped when not needes. I understand it. Is like we were born with something missing inside us, some emotion that we lack that helps others connect better.
It feels so unfair, they've won the lottery of genes and we have to live for the sake of living while others live the real life.
Feeling like I watch through a window, like a observer unable to change things for the better.
I understand.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ybother and AnotherBrick
AnotherBrick

AnotherBrick

Jun 25, 2020
It feels so unfair, they've won the lottery of genes and we have to live for the sake of living while others live the real life.
Feeling like I watch through a window, like a observer unable to change things for the better.
I understand.

Same. When I was younger, I often thought of myself as a "filler person", which is basically the same concept as an NPC. Nothing special about them, they just keep their heads down and do their jobs. Nothing they can do but observe.

Of course I'd love to be the heroine of the story, I have plenty of indignation at the injustices in the world. But seeing everything in such disarray with literally no ability to stop or even dull the pain going on in my or anyone else's life... You just get fucking tired.

They always tell you in times of crises to find a distraction, and that's been my go-to for years. But the pain always comes back. Always. I'm exhausted, I don't want to run anymore. I just want it to end.

• Love
Reactions: XYZ
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
They don't actually walk in my shoes.
I think the same when they told me that I shouldn't kill myself and start to give me excuses to keep on living.

• Hugs
Reactions: XYZ
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
Same. When I was younger, I often thought of myself as a "filler person", which is basically the same concept as an NPC. Nothing special about them, they just keep their heads down and do their jobs. Nothing they can do but observe.

Of course I'd love to be the heroine of the story, I have plenty of indignation at the injustices in the world. But seeing everything in such disarray with literally no ability to stop or even dull the pain going on in my or anyone else's life... You just get fucking tired.

They always tell you in times of crises to find a distraction, and that's been my go-to for years. But the pain always comes back. Always. I'm exhausted, I don't want to run anymore. I just want it to end.

A filler person, thx I was looking for that exact term. I've always felt like that. I'm just another face in the crowd of sick, sad people who give their pennies to Big Pharma, Big Cars, Big Clothes, Big Supermarket, Big Musicians, Big You Name It. Just a 0,00001% in some case study done at some University Hospital. Inconsequential.

Reactions: Ybother
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Oh yes, I heard this cliche statement not just in media, but also with the people around me IRL too. It's rather selfish and annoying as they are projecting their views and values of life onto me. I used to find it deep and insightful when I was a naive young kid, but as an adult, I resent such a statement as it's nothing more than projection and dismissal.