• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

P

painofzed

Dec 15, 2021
I keep going back and forth over if I should or should not write a note, and if I do who all do a I write a note too? I've got a wife and two kids if that helps with any advice. So far my plan has been to write a note to all three of them as well as close friends but when I sit down to do it I keep coming up too short or too long depending on the person. This honestly is just making it all worse and makes me think maybe no note is best.

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest and Dead Meat
thereisthemist

thereisthemist

drops common loot when defeated
Nov 5, 2021
My take? Just get a pen and start writing them!
As long as you are alive there the decision needs zero hurrying.
I wrote only one myself, but the truth behind that is I overwrote that several times, eventually made it like a will or something.
The point is the semi-fun of the writing, I let all my emotions out there with a pen, definitely a must do.

Reactions: waitingforrest
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I keep going back and forth over if I should or should not write a note, and if I do who all do a I write a note too? I've got a wife and two kids if that helps with any advice. So far my plan has been to write a note to all three of them as well as close friends but when I sit down to do it I keep coming up too short or too long depending on the person. This honestly is just making it all worse and makes me think maybe no note is best.
If you would want to share your reason(s) for ctb this could help in advice about a note, but if you want to keep that to yourself that is your right to do so.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It is a personal thing whether to write a note or not, it is up to you, only you know if it is for the best. In my case, I plan to keep notes quite simple and it will be to give those left behind some closure and will mean they are not left with unanswered questions. I wish you the best.

O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
For starters, if you do, don't blame anyone in your note.

State that no one could have prevented your actions. Again, this may be a complete lie, but remember the emotional legacy to those who you leave behind.

Intention is key. I've seen so many people on here make a hate-list of those who hurt them in an attempt to strike back.

As the Buddha said, hatred is like drinking poison and expecting your enemy to die.

• Informative
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021

State that no one could have prevented your actions. Again, this may be a complete lie, but remember the emotional legacy to those who you leave behind.

Intention is key. I've seen so many people on here make a hate-list of those who hurt them in an attempt to strike back.

As the Buddha said, hatred is like drinking poison and expecting your enemy to die.
To each their own, but blaming others is my top priority, there are people who were horrible to me for no good reason, and this was very damaging to me.

• Hugs
P

PatheticCase

Oct 12, 2021
Before my last attempt, I wrote 12 (to family and friends), but I had spaced out the writing over two months as it can be emotionally draining. I know the number may seem excessive but I dont regret it as they were all genuine and left me a sense of peace every time I finished writing one. The plan was to have them sent after I passed but I (evidently) failed. After being released from inpatient I decided to still give the rest out since I figured I didn't need to be dead to say these things. Sort of therapeutic in a morbid way.

This time around, I am not really planning to write any as I feel I've already said whatever needed to be said, even though its been about five years. Maybe a simple Im sorry. Anyways point is, it may have been draining but ultimately gave me relief and so I would recommend it. Each case is different though. I hope you find peace whatever you choose to do.

I

Itsbeenalongtime

Nov 3, 2021
With a wife and 2 kids I really would write a note.

I keep updated notes with explanations to how I feel and why, voice messages, specific notes for certain people ect. I try my best to explain in them that my death is not their fault, I've tried my best to conceal plans to maximise my own chances of success. I dont love them any less and wish I could be there more its just my personal burden is getting too hard to bear ect. This is especially important with kids, they need to know its not their fault and that you love them. I thank people for the support I was given and apologise for wasting time and money.

I try and read through my notes in various mental states to make sure everything is explained fully and correctly. I modify them whenever my position changes, I know there is something there already written non-impulsively in the case anything happens. I keep all my files on a cloud drive

Reactions: PatheticCase
WadeingThru

WadeingThru

Experienced
Feb 25, 2022
Leave a note. Everyone that loves u will think it's their fault. Best to name names if someone is to blame.

-FrozenRobot-

-FrozenRobot-

Let me go...please
Jul 27, 2021
I wrote one before I attempted and it's with my parents now. Idk if they gave it a read but I think they didn't coz I don't see any difference in their behavior.

If you decide to write one, write everything you can think of. If it's the last thing we're gonna do, let's do it perfectly

O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
To each their own, but blaming others is my top priority, there are people who were horrible to me for no good reason, and this was very damaging to me.

I say this with all respect, how will this help you in the slightest?

If they were horrible to you in life, do you think they'll have a sudden epiphany and think better of you after passing?

L

LivingHellonearth

Feb 17, 2022

But, what if we are CTB for someone that cause us our trauma and it's the main reason why we are CTB.

Reactions: OldDrummer
O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
But, what if we are CTB for someone that cause us our trauma and it's the main reason why we are CTB.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, and it's the most difficult thing that you'll have to do, but you have to forgive them.

When you travel, it's best to do it with at least baggage as possible.

G

Graytaichi

Wizard
Feb 14, 2022
Encouragement positivity lots of them in your note. No need to explain why what u did. U can simply put you are tired and want to rest. Do not mourn my passing. Keep up the good work .
Is that your main reason to ctb. Thats insane, just fight back instead of going the ctb route

Last edited:
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I say this with all respect, how will this help you in the slightest?

If they were horrible to you in life, do you think they'll have a sudden epiphany and think better of you after passing?
For the people who meant to be horrible, false friends, it won't help, and this is not directed towards them. For family members who actually would have changed their behavior if they knew the effects they were having, this is directed towards them. For example, certain family members- cousins (and some others) in particular- were horrible to me in situations where they thought I was being stuck up, but I wasn't at all, I was very painfully shy due to extreme mental and emotional abuse at home. So I want them to know that they should not jump to conclusions like that- and be horrible to someone for no reason.

G

Graytaichi

Wizard
Feb 14, 2022
For the people who meant to be horrible, false friends, it won't help, and this is not directed towards them. For family members who actually would have changed their behavior if they knew the effects they were having, this is directed towards them. For example, certain family members- cousins (and some others) in particular- were horrible to me in situations where they thought I was being stuck up, but I wasn't at all, I was very painfully shy due to extreme mental and emotional abuse at home. So I want them to know that they should not jump to conclusions like that- and be horrible to someone for no reason.
You csn be selfish in your own rights. Suicide doesnt change a single bit abt how they feel abt you.

O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
I was very painfully shy due to extreme mental and emotional abuse at home. So I want them to know that they should not jump to conclusions like that- and be horrible to someone for no reason.

Got it. But I think blaming them for your passing will only intrench their initial feelings about you. Sorry.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Got it. But I think blaming them for your passing will only intrench their initial feelings about you. Sorry.
I know these people pretty well, and I know they care about me- they just didn't realize how much they hurt me in certain situations by jumping to the wrong conclusions. I have let a couple examples get back to people through the family grapevine and I know in these cases certain people really regretted their actions, so I am confident this note will have the intended effect on the cousins who cared despite seeming very uncaring at the time.

O

OldDrummer

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2022
I know these people pretty well, and I know they care about me- they just didn't realize how much they hurt me in certain situations by jumping to the wrong conclusions. I have let a couple examples get back to people through the family grapevine and I know in these cases certain people really regretted their actions, so I am confident this note will have the intended effect on the cousins who cared despite seeming very uncaring at the time.

Again, and I say with all respect, this isn't about them, it's about you.

I'm not trying to trivialise your bad experience with others, but I can't stress enough to you how important it is to make your peace with them before you ctb.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Again, and I say with all respect, this isn't about them, it's about you.

I'm not trying to trivialise your bad experience with others, but I can't stress enough to you how important it is to make your peace with them before you ctb.
I appreciate your effort on this, but I have a different opinion, and if people don't regret their meanness I'll haunt them if at all possible.