Would you try out a Non Sanctioned Suicide forum?

• Yes

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • I'd maybe lurk for a bit out of curiosity and then decide

Votes: 69 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 52 36.9%
  • Unsure

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters
B

betternever2havbeen

Elementalist
Jun 19, 2022
I'd try it but I think there's a reason there isn't a site like that already. I mean there are plenty of depression sites, I was on one but you couldn't stray into suicide territory or you'd get flagged and warned and any mention of the S word edited out. And no one seemed anywhere near the level of depressed as I was, I questioned why they were even on there tbh. It's normie depression tho-which means they felt a bit down for a week. Joking-I shouldn't downplay others MH struggles, but I really didn't identify with any of them at all.

I think any site that allows suicide talk is really risking a bunch of trouble from family if any member let it be known they wanted to CTB and then went on to do it. Their family would be like "but why didn't you convince them harder not to do it?! You could've prevented this, they're dead because of you" blah blah blah. You know how they hold the internet responsible and wildly overestimate how much power anyone has to help from behind a computer screen. People who have lost someone aren't exactly rational.

And what if people had prior attempts and then wanted to vent about them? They wouldn't even be able to talk about what they did because it'd probably be classed as "method talk" so there's just no way without it being censored to a high degree which most of us don't want and makes it like every other site out there. There really isn't any middle ground on this I don't think, which is a shame but that's just how it is on the subject of suicide 🤷‍♀️

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep
bluedream

bluedream

Sep 15, 2019
I'd try it. I grown close to people here and seen enough of them die that I've grown resentful of this site and seen its ugly, pro-death side. something with a bit more moderation and a bit more challenge to the negatvity that pulls others down with it would be better, while still allowing for open discussion.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep