• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

NotBish

Jun 16, 2024
Image 2024 06 21 075929633

I'm planning to CBT in the near future and I've looked through the partial hanging thread and saw it recommended cotton rope for comfort and ease. I'm just looking for any second opinions on rope as availability and cost are very scarce for me. If it matters, I'm relatively skinny so i believe the thinner rope will still work fine, but if the larger one is more guaranteed I can make do.

Edit: I am around ~125lbs, 6ft if needed.

Last edited:
Infinite Solipsist

Infinite Solipsist

Jun 20, 2024
I've struggled to understand this forum's preference for partial hanging over full-suspension. I always thought the point was to break the neck and cut all blood flow (and nervous system connection) to the brain within seconds. From what I can remember, there is some necessary math needed to prevent decapitation/suffocation. What that math is, I'm not sure. I read about it many years ago and can't remember. I know the formula involves factors like rope thickness, rope length from anchor point, length of drop, and the person's height and weight. Without knowing your exact weight, I doubt anyone can accurately tell you what thickness of rope you need.

N

NotBish

Jun 16, 2024
I've struggled to understand this forum's preference for partial hanging over full-suspension. I always thought the point was to break the neck and cut all blood flow (and nervous system connection) to the brain within seconds. From what I can remember, there is some necessary math needed to prevent decapitation/suffocation. What that math is, I'm not sure. I read about it many years ago and can't remember. I know the formula involves factors like rope thickness, rope length from anchor point, length of drop, and the person's height and weight. Without knowing your exact weight, I doubt anyone can accurately tell you what thickness of rope you need.
For me it's primarily because of ease, I don't exactly have many options for full-suspension without the risk of getting caught before the deeds done, but I have looked around to find any spots that out of the way. As for my weight I am about 125, and 6ft in height.

Infinite Solipsist

Infinite Solipsist

Jun 20, 2024
For me it's primarily because of ease, I don't exactly have many options for full-suspension without the risk of getting caught before the deeds done, but I have looked around to find any spots that out of the way. As for my weight I am about 125, and 6ft in height.
Everything I've ever read about hanging executions has said that full-suspension is said to be near instant while what little I have read of partial hanging has said it can take up to 30 minutes and if you are caught in time, you can be saved with permanent and severe brain damage. I think you should research some other methods first. Luckily, I get to reap one of the only benefits of being American. I hear 3d printed firearms are fairly simple to make these days but that may not be legal where you are so don't listen to me. That and it could be hard to explain buying a 3d printer depending on your personality I guess. It's a cruel irony that even decent methods of ctb are expensive in this fucked world.