O

offbalance

All I want is peace
Dec 16, 2021
a quick rundown of my situation:

I got SN a while back and in the times I've opened it I'd say it was exposed to air for 15 minutes overall. It's been stored properly and airtight besides that. I'm just worried that it's been exposed to air too long and will degrade into nitrate over time. I don't wanna buy from DMC if I don't have to. I realize this is probably paranoid of me but I'm wondering if calling up a lab for a quote will make them suspicious and make me get a welfare check?

LifeQuitter

LifeQuitter

Experienced
Jul 11, 2024
It sounds like this would be more expensive than just buying SN?

Reactions: PI3.14
L

LostSoul1965

Arcanist
Apr 15, 2024
a quick rundown of my situation:

I got SN a while back and in the times I've opened it I'd say it was exposed to air for 15 minutes overall. It's been stored properly and airtight besides that. I'm just worried that it's been exposed to air too long and will degrade into nitrate over time. I don't wanna buy from DMC if I don't have to. I realize this is probably paranoid of me but I'm wondering if calling up a lab for a quote will make them suspicious and make me get a welfare check?
Why would you want to send it to a lab when it's easy to test yourself? The Megathread details how to do this. Being exposed to air for only 15 mins. Will not degrade your SN in the slightest. It's not that sensitive.

Reactions: summa_tyme2224 and tinyboxer
O

offbalance

All I want is peace
Dec 16, 2021
Why would you want to send it to a lab when it's easy to test yourself? The Megathread details how to do this. Being exposed to air for only 15 mins. Will not degrade your SN in the slightest. It's not that sensitive.
How do you know for sure though? i know there's threads about its stability but those mainly talk about people who have only had it exposed for a couple minutes, I feel like 15 minutes is a lot more time? And yeah I could test it myself I'm just worried that's not precise enough

Last edited:
Reactions: summa_tyme2224 and LostSoul1965
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
I honestly think testing SN yourself does more harm than good; the likelihood of human error is very high, especially for people without scientific backgrounds, so they might just end up getting unnecessarily paranoid/anxious about perfectly good SN. IMO if you bought from a trusted supplier, it's best to just leave as is.

L

LostSoul1965

Arcanist
Apr 15, 2024
I honestly think testing SN yourself does more harm than good; the likelihood of human error is very high, especially for people without scientific backgrounds, so they might just end up getting unnecessarily paranoid/anxious about perfectly good SN. IMO if you bought from a trusted supplier, it's best to just leave as is.
You have some good points. If the source is quality known good vendor why test it.I am not going to test mine.
How do you know for sure though? i know there's threads about its stability but those mainly talk about people who have only had it exposed for a couple minutes, I feel like 15 minutes is a lot more time? And yeah I could test it myself I'm just worried that's not precise enough
A simple Google search will tell you. I have looked it up before. Exposing it to air causing degradation takes months to be significant. I don't think 15 mins. is a problem from what I have researched.
A simple Google search will tell you. I have looked it up before. Exposing it to air causing degradation takes months to be significant. I don't think 15 mins. is a problem from what I have researched.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
O

offbalance

All I want is peace
Dec 16, 2021
You have some good points. If the source is quality known good vendor why test it.I am not going to test mine.

Yeah the SN is from SD. Yeah the aquarium test results to get a precise percentage you pretty much seem to have to follow to a T, which I'm willing to try as I just don't want my last moments to be with DMC SN, as he's a greedy person profiting off of human suffering. but to be fair SD is now similarly priced (I bought when they were still on Amazon) so maybe there's no winning either way but the SD SN that I bought from that time just feels more "pure" in that sense and I'm not talking chemically lol. But yeah, I'm willing to try testing it myself cuz after SN gets banned in the US, I feel like taking it to a lab or asking about it would get you a welfare check for sure… but I could always store the SN at my dads house, they probably wouldn't go so far as to search his house lol. I'm not even sure if they would even be willing to test it for me once it gets banned. I'm just willing to spend a little bit of extra money to make sure my CTB feels as "pure" as possible and not surrounded by greedy energy. I mean SD probably would have charged more back then if they could have lol, so maybe it's kind of the same either way. But I'm sure you can see why I'd still kinda prefer to CTB with that SN. Will probably buy from DMC anyway cuz I'm super paranoid and SN will be banned soon, but yeah. Thanks for your help 💜

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov and LostSoul1965
L

LostSoul1965

Arcanist
Apr 15, 2024
Yeah the SN is from SD. Yeah the aquarium test results to get a precise percentage you pretty much seem to have to follow to a T, which I'm willing to try as I just don't want my last moments to be with DMC SN, as he's a greedy person profiting off of human suffering. but to be fair SD is now similarly priced (I bought when they were still on Amazon) so maybe there's no winning either way but the SD SN that I bought from that time just feels more "pure" in that sense and I'm not talking chemically lol. But yeah, I'm willing to try testing it myself cuz after SN gets banned in the US, I feel like taking it to a lab or asking about it would get you a welfare check for sure… but I could always store the SN at my dads house, they probably wouldn't go so far as to search his house lol. I'm not even sure if they would even be willing to test it for me once it gets banned. I'm just willing to spend a little bit of extra money to make sure my CTB feels as "pure" as possible and not surrounded by greedy energy. I mean SD probably would have charged more back then if they could have lol, so maybe it's kind of the same either way. But I'm sure you can see why I'd still kinda prefer to CTB with that SN. Will probably buy from DMC anyway cuz I'm super paranoid and SN will be banned soon, but yeah. Thanks for your help 💜
I totally understand. Whatever you decide I hope you find the peace and happiness we all deserve. ❤️

• Love
Reactions: offbalance
O

offbalance

All I want is peace
Dec 16, 2021
I totally understand. Whatever you decide I hope you find the peace and happiness we all deserve. ❤️
Yeah I'm definitely gonna study the self testing to a T and do my best to execute that perfectly, and probably repetitively, to feel as safe as possible using the SD SN. That's all I can do (besides possibly sending it to a lab before the ban) and I'll see if paranoia doesn't get the better of me when that time comes. But yeah you too 💜 whatever way that is for you, I go back and forth on what to do a lot lately but what I do know is I need to have that as an option, even if it does end up being DMC…

• Love
Reactions: LostSoul1965