• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
If someone is getting choked out in MMA , the fighter can give 3 taps and the fight ends. 99% of people will totally rationalize with this rule and understand why it exists .
The same people are spooked by the idea of you tapping 3 times to resign on life when you are in an inescapable strangle hold .
A response to this can be that in both cases, life is what's being protected . Which on the surface looks right, but what's actually being prevented is suffering . A fighter going from peak physical health to brain damage/death (when he doesn't tap) is him going from a state of less suffering (him enjoying life) to more suffering (neutrality of death or worse being a vegetable) .
For a lot of people with chronic, treatment resistant health issues, death is less suffering than life and they should be allowed to tap thrice to finish off their suffering just like an MMA fighter does .
Opponents of euthanasia need to reframe the problem in their mind and look at it at the same way they look at the 3 tap rule in MMA .

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
For a lot of people with chronic, treatment resistant health issues, death is less suffering than life and they should be allowed to tap thrice to finish off their suffering just like an MMA fighter does .
Opponents of euthanasia need to reframe the problem in their mind and look at it at the same way they look at the 3 tap rule in MMA .
I agree, 100%.
But why are we still here and don't just do it? We don't depend on the opinion of others.... That's what I am asking myself currently. I ve become so......... I don't even find a word for it. I was more determined to ctb in the past, that's what I feel. I hate it changed and I don't know why.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
The major difference is life is in many cases not interpreted as a game that can be repeated. You can repeat a fight (in boxing, poker, chess) as many times as you want but once life is ended it's over in this world.

For some of us it doesn't matter but in general it mattered in the past. I mean, we humans are only strong as a group. As a group surviving in nature was easier for us - but nowadays that's not an issue anymore but we still have that instinct that a lost live is a lost member than can contribute.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Because we exist in this society where there is this repulsive cult like worship towards life with many humans so obsessed with making others suffer for as much and long as possible. It's just disgusting, tragic and unacceptable how suicide isn't accepted as a valid option especially as existing is completely meaningless with nobody being able to suffer from permanent non-existence, a fate all is destined for anyway yet there is no limit as to how torturous existing can get.

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
The major difference is life is in many cases not interpreted as a game that can be repeated. You can repeat a fight (in boxing, poker, chess) as many times as you want but once life is ended it's over in this world.

For some of us it doesn't matter but in general it mattered in the past. I mean, we humans are only strong as a group. As a group surviving in nature was easier for us - but nowadays that's not an issue anymore but we still have that instinct that a lost live is a lost member than can contribute.
The prevention of ctb implies that life is good though. Just because life cannot be repeated and once life is ended, it's over, doesn't mean that it was a good experience. Again, they only care about what we can contribute. Therefore, they want to keep us here for selfish reasons
Because if we lose at Chess or any other game, the shit jobs of society still get done and taxes still get paid.
Literally. Dead men pay no taxes

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Haha, sorry I have edited my comment but am still not sure if it still makes sense 😅
I meant what do people have to lose if you ctb? I don't understand. I can only think of losing a cog in the capitalist wheel, a taxpayer and a consumer

Reactions: rozeske
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I meant what do people have to lose if you ctb? I don't understand. I can only think of losing a cog in the capitalist wheel, a taxpayer and a consumer

Most people will refuse to accept that someone has no potential. Even if you've failed at everything, they may not believe you've lost your potential to enjoy a sunset or a nice meal. They're so devout to the human experience I suppose because theirs hasn't turned entirely to shit!... Yet. For pro-lifers, there's always another way... So- you're crap at chess. Try snakes and ladders.