byebyered

byebyered

sunshine ☀️
Mar 9, 2022
Just a thought I had while feeling envious. I've been waiting years for a miracle , waiting for something in my head to just "click" :/ idk wake up one morning and go "yay I'm not depressed anymore! I don't hate myself anymore!!" my cousin went through something traumatic recently and ofc I have no idea what's going on in her head & people cope differently but jeez!!! She just bounced back to normal like nothing fucking happened. She does have ALOT of support though so maybe that's why? Must be nice to go through your darkest moments with the support & love of family & friends! I love her and I'm glad she's doing okay but I wish I was doing okay too! Fuck!

Don't I deserve that too?! I went through SHIT ! I deserve to bounce back and be happy ! Or atleast LOOK like I'm happy. Even if I wanted to fake like I'm doing okay I don't have anything to show. I feel so pathetic. I know life isn't perfect but I just want a win sometimes. I want moments that make me feel hopeful & optimistic. Not moments that make me want to shoot myself in the head.

So many people have success stories about finally beating depression , getting over trauma , healing & loving themselves…I just want my turn but sadly everybody doesn't get it. I don't have a job & all I do is watch YouTube videos . Watching how greattt others lives are. I ended up looking at past schoolmates social media pages & of course! Everybody's attractive , having fun , living life, making memories , ): it's so hard not to fucking hate myself the FOMO is real rn

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: donealready, crimson blue, Sister of the Moon and 3 others
aforestfire

aforestfire

"for truly, i am no longer a part of the world."
Dec 17, 2022
recovering can be easier when you have great support of loved ones and the sooner you get help for your problems. of course is not the rule but most of us have trauma and our feelings/symptoms got downplayed by people that where supposed to help us with "it's just puberty, it will pass", "time heals everything", etc.

when i see history of others that recovered from mental illness, addiction, and they say that the key for the recovery to happen was support from family, friends, partner, i just lose all the hope that i already didn't had.

• Love
Reactions: donealready, crimson blue and liana
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
It depends on what is the cause of your depression and if there is any net gain from doing so. Can you live a happy and fulfilling life if you recover? Or will you just be coping? That will determine if the effort and attempt of recovering is worth doing.

Reactions: sadlilanteater and crimson blue
T

throwawayyy

Jun 21, 2022
Think it comes down to how many resources you have. Support, meds, therapy, exercise, diet, sleep, hobbies, etc all make a difference.

Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
Because some people have temporary issues or problems which can be solved by "looking at it differently"
But some people have real, tangible, unfixable problems that don't just go away if you do breathing exercises or whatever.

Reactions: TapeMachine, stermc and Hollowman
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
You don't know how people really feel, people only show what they want others to see and I believe that many people likely pretend to appear content around others when in reality they feel differently. Social media doesn't always reflect the truth about existing as well.

And anyway even if someone's life actually improved then they are not immune to future problems affecting them. In this world there is no limit as to how much we can potentially suffer and things can get much worse for anyone at any moment. And all that those people have to look forward to anyway is reaching a very old age and then just inevitably deteriorating which is something completely undesirable and horrific to me. Life itself is the true problem, so only the non existent are the really lucky ones. But it's true that there's nothing fair about any of this, the unfortunate reality of existing is that some people will suffer more than others through no fault of their own.

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
Most people that bounce back are just lying to themselves. They just cope and suffer in silence. But at the time of their passing, everyone knows no one is gonna visit ones grave. No one cares. It is universal.

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath