K

kooktae

Oct 6, 2022
I'm 22. I hate HATE HATE working. I have been suicidal since 2019. But I ignored the signs back in 2019. I was studying for an exam in 2019 after I passed that exam I had to start studying for the next but I never got to doing that. I have not been going to work for over a year and have been living on my father's money and my mother's cooked meals. My parents love me to death and they'll do anything for me. My father has been extremely stressed about my condition. but I don't feel like i can ever get out of this mindset of hating work and studying. this sucks cause my father has worked EXTREMELY hard to get our family out of abject poverty. I dont have any memories of being poor. we aren't filthy rich but can afford a comfortable life with good food, water, electricity, education. if I could I would wish that my parents an my siblings also die with me. I HATE LIVING despite having access to things that a lot of people in my country don't have. Nothing excites me. I don't find ANYTHING fun. The title of this post has nothing to dot with what I've written here. I just want to DIE.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Julgran, actual_fox, StateofStasis and 1 other person
O

onetapgandhi

Student
Oct 4, 2022
I mean your reaction is quite alright. What's the purpose in your life? Work all life and break your body so someone can get a better life off your back breaking hardwork? What's the point of life if all of it is spend slaving. I am not gonna have kids for this exact reason. What's the point of me making a slave out of my own blood

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Isisnefert, Julgran, Hollowman and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Your feelings are understandable. There is nothing appealing about having to exist at all to me and working is just being a slave to this society. I've always hated the concept of life, to me it's all so depressing and nobody should feel as though they are obligated to stay here against their wishes. Some people are just simply not meant for this life. I think that it's irrational to want to stay alive until old age, old age is so horrifying.

Reactions: Isisnefert
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
I understand you
I am privileged and I feel guilty about it. I feel like I waste every opportunity.

Reactions: dead lightbulb and Fadeawaaaay
ArchmagePrincess

ArchmagePrincess

Magical Princess of Death
Aug 31, 2022
I have to work 2 jobs to make ends meet and I walk a couple miles to each since I can't drive. My feet are in constant pain from standing and walking way too often, and even after all that effort I barely make enough to live. Every time I try and vent about this to someone irl they all congratulate me for being so "hard working" and "dedicated" but I feel like such a sucker hurting my body just so big companies and my landlord can make bank.

I think working hard and learning are natural for the human condition but not like this. Not this weird system of school grades and corporate policies. Its degrading. I don't think it's "lazy" or even "bad" to be considered an escapist, I think if anything it's the smart thing to do, I'm ashamed I work as hard as I do honestly.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Isisnefert, Julgran, freedompass and 1 other person
Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
I have to work 2 jobs to make ends meet and I walk a couple miles to each since I can't drive. My feet are in constant pain from standing and walking way too often, and even after all that effort I barely make enough to live. Every time I try and vent about this to someone irl they all congratulate me for being so "hard working" and "dedicated" but I feel like such a sucker hurting my body just so big companies and my landlord can make bank.

I think working hard and learning are natural for the human condition but not like this. Not this weird system of school grades and corporate policies. Its degrading. I don't think it's "lazy" or even "bad" to be considered an escapist, I think if anything it's the smart thing to do, I'm ashamed I work as hard as I do honestly.
If you can find the motivation it's admirable…

Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
I'm 22. I hate HATE HATE working. I have been suicidal since 2019. But I ignored the signs back in 2019. I was studying for an exam in 2019 after I passed that exam I had to start studying for the next but I never got to doing that. I have not been going to work for over a year and have been living on my father's money and my mother's cooked meals. My parents love me to death and they'll do anything for me. My father has been extremely stressed about my condition. but I don't feel like i can ever get out of this mindset of hating work and studying. this sucks cause my father has worked EXTREMELY hard to get our family out of abject poverty. I dont have any memories of being poor. we aren't filthy rich but can afford a comfortable life with good food, water, electricity, education. if I could I would wish that my parents an my siblings also die with me. I HATE LIVING despite having access to things that a lot of people in my country don't have. Nothing excites me. I don't find ANYTHING fun. The title of this post has nothing to dot with what I've written here. I just want to DIE.
Are you me?
I feel for you.

freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
Perfectly understandable sentiments to have. I feel a bit bad for you in a way that you have loving parents and a dad who broke his back working to get your family out of poverty. The guilt and pressure in that situation could be immense. That's if you care about disappointing them. Would the ability to live as a happy neet doing as you please make you want to live? Or would you still want to die. Whatever you decide I doubt your family would choose to go with you and curious as to why you'd want them to.

Unhirable

Unhirable

Proud member of the FBI and CIA.
Sep 14, 2022
Because being an escapist means you don't engage with reality.

Meaning, nobody can help you because you are in the world of Mushoku Tensei and Minecraft and not in the world of reality.

K

kooktae

Oct 6, 2022
Perfectly understandable sentiments to have. I feel a bit bad for you in a way that you have loving parents and a dad who broke his back working to get your family out of poverty. The guilt and pressure in that situation could be immense. That's if you care about disappointing them. Would the ability to live as a happy neet doing as you please make you want to live? Or would you still want to die. Whatever you decide I doubt your family would choose to go with you and curious as to why you'd want them to.
I'm the eldest of the three siblings. My family basically depends on my father making the money. He's literally the backbone of my family. My father loves me way too much I feel so bad about it. If I ctb he'd be broken to a point where I don't think he'll ever recover. My family's reputation will be done for if I take this step. My siblings one is 19 and other is 16. This sucks so much because I think they're too going to be just as useless as I am. I used to be the smarter one among the three of us with good grades and at one point in time I even used to have the motivation to study which is why I took up a difficult career path back when I was 17. But it turned out I wasn't cut out for it and got fucked up by 19. If I give up and don't set a good example I don't think either of my siblings are going to do well in their lives either.