A

Asleepatlast

Sep 12, 2024
I can't actually find anything online that says the stomach absorbs liquid. And the rate of absorption of liquids seems to be tied to gastric emptying, according to what I can find. If I'm just not looking at the right stuff, then by all means correct me and maybe send a link.

But I did find that the stomach can absorb nitrites, although only a small portion (<5%). In theory, this could be enough at 1.25g, although there are other factors that have to be considered such as nitric oxide production that may impact the amount absorbed.

Yes, in theory, you don't need an AE, it's simply nice to have and it possibly increases the chance of success given its function in the protocol.

I thought digestion begins in the mouth, not absorption? Some things, like in the stomach, can be absorbed in the mouth like alcohol (only a small amount though). I don't imagine SN is going to absorb like that. But I am only guessing here.

This is also true. But is it always the case that one vomits their small intestine contents? That is one example of it happening, and under a specific circumstance. But yes, people do vomit even with the AE, since the body really doesn't like the SN.

I mean yeah, at the end of the day we aren't medical experts, nor do we have hard studies that go over the process of SN ingestion from start to finish, so we can only make do with the info we have and draw conclusions.

Thank you! I always try to provide answers to questions if I'm confident that my knowledge is accurate. But I am no expert and I don't claim to be.

And I get that you're just trying to work out whether an AE is truly necessary, and I think it's quite prudent to dot your i's and cross your t's. So it's all good. I don't think you're intentionally trying to go against protocol, some people just can't get an AE is all.

This is exactly why I am using Meto. It may or may not end up being necessary, but the function of the medication in the protocol provides nice peace of mind. Having the SN get to work faster does sound good on paper.

And regarding not being able to follow protocol, if it's any consolation, there are successes with it. Hell, I imagine those that were underage that got a hold of SN didn't use Meto or any other supplementary drug. But that is pure speculation on my part.
Here is one link. A lot of what I'm currently finding is also stating it must move to intestines first. It's not considered to absorb as much but it can absorb some and if we are taking a massive overdose then it might be absorbing enough to make it effective even with vomiting.

But, sublingual medications are absorbed intraorally. There is large vasculature and some suggest this route absorbs better than traditional oral route (swallowing). They give some meds like heart meds as sublingual for this reason due to quick absorption. How much would, if any, of sn would get absorbed not sure. No one is sticking it under their tongue but it is passing through the mouth so theoretically some could make it into the bloodstream.

Alcohol and aspirin both absorb in the stomach.

But, and I guess I didn't make this point, which I meant to include, liquid only will move much more quickly through the digestive tract in general. So much faster absorption just from fasting.

Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
Here is one link. A lot of what I'm currently finding is also stating it must move to intestines first. It's not considered to absorb as much but it can absorb some and if we are taking a massive overdose then it might be absorbing enough to make it effective even with vomiting.

But, sublingual medications are absorbed intraorally. There is large vasculature and some suggest this route absorbs better than traditional oral route (swallowing). They give some meds like heart meds as sublingual for this reason due to quick absorption. How much would, if any, of sn would get absorbed not sure. No one is sticking it under their tongue but it is passing through the mouth so theoretically some could make it into the bloodstream.

Alcohol and aspirin both absorb in the stomach.

But, and I guess I didn't make this point, which I meant to include, liquid only will move much more quickly through the digestive tract in general. So much faster absorption just from fasting.

The link you sent seems to align with everything I've found online. And it seems you encountered the same info that I did. But yes, it does seem like it can absorb at least a small amount. And since the SN dose we take is a MASSIVE overdose, it could, in theory, absorb enough from the stomach alone, especially considering the stomach can absorb nitrites.

I am aware of sublingual meds, though I am not sure if SN would be absorbed in the same way. And it may be very hard to hold the SN in your mouth for an extended period of time considering how salty it is. But I suppose this is a factor to consider with SN ingestion, since a very minute amount may enter the body through the mouth. But I'd say this is less certain of a factor than the stomach absorbing nitrites.

And yes, the fasting will speed up the movement from stomach to intestine, thus quickening absorption. This is probably why people still succeed without a prokinetic AE.

It is good that you're putting this much effort into considering whether an AE is necessary or not. I hope you end up coming to a satisfying answer one way or another, and I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor.

Reactions: Asleepatlast
A

Asleepatlast

Sep 12, 2024
The link you sent seems to align with everything I've found online. And it seems you encountered the same info that I did. But yes, it does seem like it can absorb at least a small amount. And since the SN dose we take is a MASSIVE overdose, it could, in theory, absorb enough from the stomach alone, especially considering the stomach can absorb nitrites.

I am aware of sublingual meds, though I am not sure if SN would be absorbed in the same way. And it may be very hard to hold the SN in your mouth for an extended period of time considering how salty it is. But I suppose this is a factor to consider with SN ingestion, since a very minute amount may enter the body through the mouth. But I'd say this is less certain of a factor than the stomach absorbing nitrites.

And yes, the fasting will speed up the movement from stomach to intestine, thus quickening absorption. This is probably why people still succeed without a prokinetic AE.

It is good that you're putting this much effort into considering whether an AE is necessary or not. I hope you end up coming to a satisfying answer one way or another, and I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor.
Thank you. Yeah that was my point that we may get enough in just from mouth to stomach to be effective. And then enough may pass into intestines to absorb since fasting that I could hopefully pull this off without an ae. And again, not suggesting for anyone else. Like I mentioned if I could just do protocol that's what I would do but, unfortunately, that may not be possible. And for me it's very helpful to talk this over with other people with a lot more knowledge about this. As always I appreciate you greatly. And I do wish we could have met under better circumstances because I can tell you are just a cool person in general.

• Love
Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller
H

howunfortunateforme

Oct 2, 2024
Thank you. Yeah that was my point that we may get enough in just from mouth to stomach to be effective. And then enough may pass into intestines to absorb since fasting that I could hopefully pull this off without an ae. And again, not suggesting for anyone else. Like I mentioned if I could just do protocol that's what I would do but, unfortunately, that may not be possible. And for me it's very helpful to talk this over with other people with a lot more knowledge about this. As always I appreciate you greatly. And I do wish we could have met under better circumstances because I can tell you are just a cool person in general.
This is what I need to know how to do it without a and e for I react poorly to those. Like fast 4 hours then what? Can't fast for
8 although I don't eat anyway then in profin then benzo then sn how much? Iggggg sp hard