Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Humans are selfish now. They only care about themselves and what they can do to make themselves happy, if that means tearing down another person or causing someone else suffering they just don't care anymore.
People are so caught up in being personally offended by every little thing that goes on in their lives that they don't see the big picture and the mass suffering of people around the world. They only care about the fact they they're feeling uncomfortable for a moment and don't realize that there are people who are in constant pain or suffering. People don't have sympathy for others anymore because most of us are overly concerned with ourselves.

It's not always worth the emotional energy to worry about things you'll never even see in person , let alone be Able to do anything about
I would rather worry about things that are happening around me that effect me directly and maybe I can change them

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, divinemistress36, Forever Sleep and 3 others
Rudi

Rudi

𝔐𝔬𝔯𝔦 𝔳𝔬𝔩𝔬 𝔰𝔢𝔡 𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔢 𝔳𝔬𝔩𝔬
Oct 15, 2024
I believe that every human is selfish, but whether one wants to admit that or not is fully up to them.
People also tend to try and blame others for their mistakes quite a lot, just to make themselves feel better and I think everyone has done that before - doesn't matter how many times.

I do really wonder why people are like that, though. I feel like the world would be much easier for a lot of people if some humans would be normal. For example, communication. Sometimes someone we're close with gets upset over something we have done but they don't talk about it and expect us to understand, as if we can read their minds and then they believe we're the problem, when we're not. I started to realise that someone being upset or hurt is definitely not my problem if they don't tell me about it, because how am i supposed to know? Humans genuinely lack communication and while I can understand where they are coming from, it infuriates me. I've lost so many friends because of that because they just wouldn't tell me what's wrong, and most of the time it was a really small thing.

Reactions: divinemistress36, alienfreak and Darkover
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
The uncomfortable truth is that even the selfish people who don't care about you are probably going through something themselves. Even if they don't ever show or mention it. Even if the thing that's bothering them is way weaker than whatever we're going through. It's still something dragging them down to a point where they have less reserves in their energy tanks to tend to others. I certainly can't be assed to help someone and I feel that with my own problems, I'd probably make things worse if I even tried.

• Love
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, BoulderSoWhat, alienfreak and 1 other person
untothedepths

untothedepths

ego death, then death
Mar 20, 2023
i think perspective matters here a lot. a random person caring about another random person in this world is an enormous task. that person probably, like mentioned above, doesnt have as much to give.

a society though, collectively, should be giving a shit. homelesness, poverty, treating disabled/'lower class' people with dignity and respect are things we should strive for for a better, healthier society. a happier one. if we work together, overtime, things will get better. its harder to ask someone to be charitable alone, but its easier when everyone has a little hand in it.

but whats more important than even just that is selfishness on a NATIONAL level. unless you are defending your own country you shouldnt be at war, full stop.

Reactions: Darkover, Rudi and divinemistress36
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Vultures circle overhead
Feb 28, 2023
Well people are just selfish, they have never cared about others and it's always about pushing others down, taking from others, defending their own mistakes, spreading lies and contributing to a negative society.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Darkover and divinemistress36
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think the sad thing is- one feeds the other. People may be looking out for themselves because they feel like no one else will. They become selfish because people didn't help them sometimes. And, so it goes on. Do you help a lot of people? I don't I'm afraid.

I suppose there's just so much suffering in this world too. Sometimes, just thinking about all of it can overwhelm so, I think people stick their head in the sand for the sake of their own sanity.

But yes, I agree. Since covid, I think it has gotten even worse in a way. Maybe because we all got so used to isolating. Still- I'm talking like I know... I haven't left the house in months!

Reactions: Darkover and divinemistress36
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2024
I've become more and more selfish over the years from all the pain and realizing I only have myself. I would love to help others but I'm.to worn out and afraid of getting hurt. People were less selfish 10 years ago

Reactions: Darkover
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I know this isn't a good answer but, at the end of the day, it's due to human nature. This is what humans are like as all of us are selfish and always primarily do things in our own self interest. This is precisely why the current social system in society won't ever change because nobody wants to change it, not even the anti work people. At the end of the day, people are only anti work because they themselves are in the 99%, they wouldn't complain if they were in the 1% meaning that it's all about them only.

It sucks but humans suck

Reactions: Darkover