• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
I just wanted to make this to rant a little, I hope this is the right catagory.

I've noticed how the media blames this forum for peoples suicides and it pisses me off! It's society that's the problem, among other things. NOT this place! This place is amazing for venting and finding safe ways to ctb etc. It doesn't cause suicides, society does, this place just helps those who has already made the decicion to do it safely. Idk, media sucks sometimes, ngl!

Sorry if I didn't word it well, I just hope it makes sense atleast. Feel free to delete if not allowed.

What's your thoughts on this? I'm curious to hear!
I just realised I wrote "thus" instead of "this" on the title. Oopsie!

Last edited:
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
It's much easier to use a scapegoat than it is to actually acknowledge the issues within our society and work towards trying to create real change. The media cares more about finding their next big story than they do about actually having a nuanced discussion about this site. Hence why all their articles repeat the same few points over and over again.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I agree with Eviscerated Jester that it's basically the easy option. Plus, on a personal level, families of youngsters in particular seem to struggle enormously with suicide. I suppose it makes sense really. If they acknowledge that their loved one was of sound mind, that meant they made the choice to leave them, knowing what pain it would cause them. I don't think they want to believe that so, it's somehow more soothing to them to maybe believe their loved one got caught up and brainwashed by a 'death cult'.

It's very strange I find- if I'm honest. Because to me- they are saying- that that person had lost all ability to make decisions for themselves- and yet- they didn't notice that in them? I'd actually be pretty insulted if my family thought I would be so gullible as to join a cult. It seems to suggest I'm no longer aware of how exterior influences affect me.

But- basically, I think they'd prefer to see their loved one as vulnerable and mannipulated into suicide rather than it being a decision they had made for themselves, fully realising the consequences and, doing it anyway.

I think basically- it's a- I'm hurting like hell. Who can I blame? The person that CTB? But I love them still and, they were suffering and they didn't need to be (in their eyes.) We could have solved their problems but now, we can't and- who can we blame for that? In their eyes, that person was taken away too soon- no matter how long they had been suffering.

The very worst of it I feel is- ok- say you could have them back. Do you really think they'd get better? Do you think they could have found happiness? Honestly? What had they already tried? What makes you think trying again would work? Would you even care if they came back but they were utterly and desperately depressed?

I agree though. I hate it how it's all so surface level. Why did they CTB? How long had they been suffering? What had they tried to make their situation better? What help had they received? Did they ask for help and not get it? Why wasn't the help effective? These are all positive things that could improve the services of people who want help... And there are lots! Most people here have reached out for help at least once... Why hasn't it worked?!! Why are people feeling like this to begin with? Why do people look for sites like this to begin with? I reckon at least 80% of us came here initially in search of method information- Meaning we were already actively suicidal before joining in many cases.

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Because they need someone to blame. Dont get me wrong it's a great forum, but kids are getting through on here easily. Joining it should bec more restrictive.

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
It's much easier to use a scapegoat than it is to actually acknowledge the issues within our society and work towards trying to create real change. The media cares more about finding their next big story than they do about actually having a nuanced discussion about this site. Hence why all their articles repeat the same few points over and over again.

EXACTLY!!! I knew I wasn't the only one who felt this way! You're so right!
I agree with Eviscerated Jester that it's basically the easy option. Plus, on a personal level, families of youngsters in particular seem to struggle enormously with suicide. I suppose it makes sense really. If they acknowledge that their loved one was of sound mind, that meant they made the choice to leave them, knowing what pain it would cause them. I don't think they want to believe that so, it's somehow more soothing to them to maybe believe their loved one got caught up and brainwashed by a 'death cult'.

It's very strange I find- if I'm honest. Because to me- they are saying- that that person had lost all ability to make decisions for themselves- and yet- they didn't notice that in them? I'd actually be pretty insulted if my family thought I would be so gullible as to join a cult. It seems to suggest I'm no longer aware of how exterior influences affect me.

But- basically, I think they'd prefer to see their loved one as vulnerable and mannipulated into suicide rather than it being a decision they had made for themselves, fully realising the consequences and, doing it anyway.

I think basically- it's a- I'm hurting like hell. Who can I blame? The person that CTB? But I love them still and, they were suffering and they didn't need to be (in their eyes.) We could have solved their problems but now, we can't and- who can we blame for that? In their eyes, that person was taken away too soon- no matter how long they had been suffering.

The very worst of it I feel is- ok- say you could have them back. Do you really think they'd get better? Do you think they could have found happiness? Honestly? What had they already tried? What makes you think trying again would work? Would you even care if they came back but they were utterly and desperately depressed?

I agree though. I hate it how it's all so surface level. Why did they CTB? How long had they been suffering? What had they tried to make their situation better? What help had they received? Did they ask for help and not get it? Why wasn't the help effective? These are all positive things that could improve the services of people who want help... And there are lots! Most people here have reached out for help at least once... Why hasn't it worked?!! Why are people feeling like this to begin with? Why do people look for sites like this to begin with? I reckon at least 80% of us came here initially in search of method information- Meaning we were already actively suicidal before joining in many cases.

Honestly I didn't even think about this until you mentioned it now, but tbh that makes completely and utterly sense coz parents loves being in denial and overprotective of their kids for some reason. I get that they mean a lot for them, most of them at least, and loosing a child is probably fucking awful, but denying that they had issues in the first place isn't going to solve anything. Smh -_-
Because they need someone to blame. Dont get me wrong it's a great forum, but kids are getting through on here easily. Joining it should bec more restrictive.

I disagree with the kids part. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad there is an 18yr age restriction here, but we can never 100% prevent children/minors from coming on here. Children are depressed nowadays, and that isn't the forums fault, that's on society and whatnot, and when children are depressed, they will come to these sites whether we like it or not. If you think about it, they are rly just doing like us, seeking relief. It's ofc. a little fucked that children die this way at such a young age, but what can we really do when society is this fucked anyways?

Last edited:
Bianka

Bianka

No longer human
Jan 16, 2024
I guess because it normalize it? It's a great place I think it helps a lot but if you're not careful you can create a bubble where everyone agrees with you, clouding your judgement and critical thinking. It's personal responsibility tho

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
This is not a new phenomenon. James Hetfield said the following about the public reaction to a 1984 Metallica song (Fade to Black) which covered the issue of suicide:

"It's a suicide song, and we got a lot of flak for it, as if kids were killing themselves because of the song. But we also got hundreds of letters from kids telling us how they related to the song and that it made them feel better."

Shrike

Shrike

My pain isn't yours to harvest.
Feb 13, 2024
Our societies believe two things to be true:
  • suicide is always irrational and not something the person actually wants to do, so it should be prevented at all costs
  • better access to methods, especially reliable and painless methods, means people are more likely to complete

buyersremorse

buyersremorse

useless
Feb 16, 2023
because they fail to understand. the media especially, they just want stories, and society as a whole wants anything to blame other than itself. so they paint this picture of a cesspool of evil people online who gather together and coherse innocent kids into killing themselves as a means of sick pleasure, freaking out about methods and instructions and pushing the narrative that these are 'orders' given by the site in brainwashing them for lols. they fail to realise these are people who are already bent on suicide, not the average person who happend to stumble along and get "convinced" into suicide. suicide itself is never encouraged, just acknowledged by people who can relate to eachover and their struggles. they can't understand the harm minimisation of a peaceful death of SN opposed to a brutal one of immense suffering. their idiot lizard brains fail to realise you cannot convince someone into killing themselves. you can post methods, and show them how to tie a noose, or how SN works, or what buildings are tall enough, inert gas and barbiturates - but you can never give them the level of self hatred or ultimate frustration required to actually go through with it. that is something that only comes from within, from years of torment, not handed over by reading about it. the site itself never causes death, only minimises the suffering of those already going to die, while giving them a peaceful outlet and community to which they can voice their struggles without being lectured or patronised and demeaned. everyone just loses their shit because their brains are too conditioned on the idea that suicide and anyone who associates themselves with it is evil. they can't understand us, and instead of just acknowledging this and minding their own biz and fucking off they actively try to quash the site down. it's because people out there are just stupid, and it really, really, pisses me off.

O

obligatoryshackles

I don't want to get used to it.
Aug 11, 2023
Well, frankly, because this site is causing people to commit suicide. And before the mods flag me, I'm not saying that's a bad thing. But the fact is a lot of people would not have had the means or the resolve to commit suicide if they hadn't received the affirmation and advice from members of this site.

The problem that the media fails to acknowledge is the same problem that a vast majority of suicide "prevention" methodologies fail at - they only look at suicide at the moment of action and not the many things which lead up to that point. They build nets under common jumping spots, they make it harder to OD on drugs, they try to obfuscate or ban common methods (though funnily enough they won't ban guns in the US) - but no matter what, there is basically no work done to make the world a place that doesn't make people want to die. Corrosive social structures, abusers in positions of power, cultural mechanisms of shame, none of that is ever truly addressed.

But a website that says suicide in the url? Something that can easily be blamed, something inconsequential upon which responsibility can be placed to please the ignorant masses.

shinitai_sh0jo

shinitai_sh0jo

Is it so selfish to want to feel a little better?
Dec 30, 2023

I've noticed how the media blames this forum for peoples suicides and it pisses me off! It's society that's the problem, among other things. NOT this place! This place is amazing for venting and finding safe ways to ctb etc. It doesn't cause suicides, society does, this place just helps those who has already made the decicion to do it safely. Idk, media sucks sometimes, ngl!

Sorry if I didn't word it well, I just hope it makes sense atleast. Feel free to delete if not allowed.

Agreed. Overall, it feels frustrating to see so many people pointing out a place where I have been finding comfort in venting so much... Though I know it's pretty much like other person said, they don't like to adress the real problem... Never do.

It's ironic how I feel like I had more triggers at tiktok and actually left because of the flooding the algorithm did to me.. While a forum for suicide discussion makes me feel a sense of belonging.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
Katdogg

Katdogg

Jan 31, 2024
I found this site because of a media post about a grieving mother. It mentioned her goodbye thread and I was shocked by the description. People just casually wishing her well , instead of intervening in their moment of need?! Wtf? What kind of sick , callous mf's would do that?

I believe in this site and the outlet it provides for people struggling.

It took me awhile to appreciate this though. It is so easy to judge and condemn this place at first glance.

The media isn't allowed to speak truth. Can you imagine CNN broadcasting the message, "It is ok to give up on life... it isn't going to get better. You are fucked, life is unfair. Here are some methods to escape ( cut to sponsored suicide products) "

We know this site isn't the cause, but it can be a facilitator. I feel more confident in my method now because of the information found here.

If someone gains courage from information found here ... is the site responsible?

If my suicidal outlook is encouraged by the "pro death mob" is the site responsible ?

If I need my hand held on my CTB date and I get my "head pats" and fond farewells on my goodbye thread... is the site responsible?

Words have power. Thats why the media is effective at what they do. They want to control the message though.

I'm a little high, forgive me if I have offended anyone...it was not my intent.

TopChicken

TopChicken

Time to catch the bus
Mar 4, 2024
Most people try not to understand because it would shatter their view of the world. If so many people are suffering bc of society/mental health, that means we as a people have failed. Especially in western "democratic" societies.

Also, like Forever Sleep mentioned, some people just can't accept that people have agency. They believe when people do something it has to have an outside influence. My parents were/are still like this. If I ever did something they didn't like or understand, they would ask who made/convinced me to do something. It's very strange.

Reactions: Cakeisalie
Cakeisalie

Cakeisalie

"A man chooses, a slave obeys."
Sep 7, 2020
Most Pro-lifers are frightened, these people fear death and treat it as if it were a bogeyman, I bet they have a ritual of looking under the bed before going to sleep, in large part due to absurd religious beliefs combined with fallacious arguments without any scientific foundation, they are jealous of not having the courage to end their own lives so they end up going on a journey to disrupt the lives of people like us as much as possible.

Reactions: sserafim
Ferdinand Bardamu

Ferdinand Bardamu

DO YOU WANT TOTAL WAR?
Feb 22, 2024
>Why does the media blame thus forum for causing suicides?
They're fucking idiots.

Reactions: Cakeisalie
K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023

Why does the MEDIA do it?

Because the media is an attention economy. It wants to get clicks and views. And a headline like "Evil forum responsible for the suicides of teens" is a real attention-grabber. Media and journalism are a competitive industry. And most just want to find the thing that will grab the most attention.

Beyond that, it's also not an easy thing to advocate for in public. It's very easy to paint someone who's pro this forum as a callous sadist who wants children to die. So even if they wanted to talk about that stuff, it would not be very easy to do. Let alone find a mainstream media outlet willing to run a piece like that. Not to mention the harassment they might get or, hell, potentially the lawsuits.

It's also not so easy for people, especially people who have never suffered from depression, to understand it. The concept that sometimes suicide might be the right choice for some people is not an easy one to digest. And it is not straight-forward to a lot of people. Especially when it comes to younger people CTBing. The idea of "life being desireable" is just kind of taken for granted by most people, it seems to me. And if someone doesn't feel that way it's shocking to them and (they think) all those people are is delusional people who need to be talked out of it or fixed or something. I think that's the instinctive way a lot of people think about it. Suicide is still a taboo, don't forget.

And then I'd add on top of all of that, in my opinion, this forum DOES operate in a moral grey area.

I firmly believe in the right of people to do what they want with their bodies, including ending their lives if they feel that's right. I believe that if you don't have the right to die, you don't have the right to live. You'd have the obligation to live.

That being said, I also believe (and this is also backed up by evidence) that many people with depression or who are suicidal at one point or another do get better. And can live long and happy lives. People can go through a dark period they come out of. Or they can get the help they need and get better. Or any number of other, similar things. Recovery does happen, genuinely. And if people can recover I want them to recover. And I don't want them to go through with CTB.

Basically, both of the things I mentioned come from the same central belief. I believe that the value of life is not inherent but dependent on the value the person gets out of it. A person who is happy and satisified and has purpose has a life that is very valuable and should be preserved. A person who hates their life, it's constant suffering with no chance of recovery and they want to die... I think it's fair that they want that. So if you have a person like that, I don't object to the idea of this site helping them to end it. But if you have some teenager who's never been to therapy, going through their first depression and all they need is some therapy and some antidepressants and in 2 years they'll be happy as can be... I DON'T want this site to help them end it. Because they can still get so much value out of their life and that'll be thrown away in that case.

The problem is that we cannot determine that for someone else. We can decide whether we want to help either way but that's all.

It's also fair to say that this website isn't just about exchanging ways to end things. It's also about getting support on a forum of like-minded people where you're not afraid of anyone calling 911 on you or something like that. And that's a valuable thing. Because the normies have made it intimidating to talk about things like suicide because they might have you committed or something or not understand at all.

I wouldn't be surprised in that context if this forum also prevented at least some suicides by giving people a safe outlet among like-minded people.

So, basically, I think it's complicated. The media wants attention-grabbing headlines and doesn't want to get sued. Suicide is still a big taboo and many people don't understand it. And on top of that this forum, I do think, operates in a real moral grey area. Where it may help people who really are in a hopeless and painful situation end it, but it may also accidentally help people end it who could have recovered and lived happy lives.

I think the real goal of normies should be to make this forum obsolete rather than ban it. Get rid of your first impulse being to try to call 911 to have someone committed. Make suicide a less taboo subject to talk about. Make mental healthcare free at the point of service. Make sure people don't end up in financially impossible situations through a better social safety net. And make sure that doctor assissted euthanasia is possible for people who want it. So it can be assessed whether they are really hopeless or not.

Last edited:
Valso

Valso

Student
Mar 12, 2024
Because it's easier to blame someone else for their own irresponsibilities and mistakes.

J

juna

Exhausted of this existence...
Mar 4, 2024
It is difficult to accept that their loved one died because they failed to understand their loved ones' grief and probably might have added to their pain. People need to stop comparing their kids to others and should not have such high expectations. Do suicidal people reach out? Yes, but if that is met by indifference , what are they going to do. The society needs to change. Let people be themselves.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
  • suicide is always irrational and not something the person actually wants to do, so it should be prevented at all costs
  • better access to methods, especially reliable and painless methods, means people are more likely to complete
I agree and both are so very wrong.

darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
I know - and how crazy is that!

tbo

tbo

Apr 3, 2024
Traumatic childhood experiences, PTSD, sexual assault, chronic pain, bullying etc. these are some of the things that lead to CTB. Reading text on your phone or computer screen from some website will not cause anyone to CTB, the notion that it does; is just outside the proximity of logic and sane reasoning.

The pain has long been there, way before someone decided to type certain keywords on their search engine.

illvoid

illvoid

he/it
Aug 11, 2022
Let's not be too ignorant here. It is a website that has written instructions on how to end your life. Obviously the average person is gonna look at that and come to the conclusion that it's "causing" suicides. Nobody wants to accept that suicide is a personal decision I guess.

Reactions: Astoria