• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

R

rem2024

Jun 2, 2024
Sodium nitrite poisoning has become an increasingly common method of suicide among teenagers and young adults, according to recent research from the Centers for Disease Control. The bill, if passed by the Senate and signed by the president, prohibits consumer sales of the compound.May 22, 2024

• Hmph!
  • Aww..
Reactions: Passersby, indefinitesleep2, houseofleaves and 11 others
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Outrage from families to push this bill

Reactions: GoatHerder, houseofleaves, 3/4Dead and 10 others
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Outrage from families to push this bill
I agree. USA has a very litigious culture and "think of the children" mentality despite many of the people in question being grown adults. Hence stuff like drinking and smoking age there being 21. If someone complains enough then they will usually get their way. Even though the number of people taking SN is extremely miniscule compared to any other method. Enough complaints and "I wanna speak to your manager/I'm calling my lawyer" and legislators will buckle to cater to a very very small minority of individuals as the vast majority of people have no idea about this method and would never hear about it otherwise.

• Aww..
Reactions: GoatHerder, houseofleaves, achb and 11 others
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Whilst the US has instant easy access to guns, they can't claim any sort of suicide prevention.

Reactions: GoatHerder, houseofleaves, DefinitelyReady and 10 others
A

avalonisburning

Womp womp womp
May 12, 2024
There's a market-based solution to the suicide issue that the people who push this legislation just can't stop overlooking. At least try to make life look more appealing than death. Create a better product. Do more than the absolute bare minimum necessary to call yourself a society.

Unfortunately, that will never happen. As soon as you begin actually talking about why people are suicidal, then everyone gets all huffy and defensive. Then they start pacing, crossing their arms, furrowing their brows, putting their hands on their hips, wiping their foreheads, scratching their heads, and ripping their hair out, because suddenly, our lives are intersecting with their pride, fantasies, and investments. Maybe if you're lucky, they'll regurgitate some feelgood fauxlosophical buffoonery onto you to warm your tummy with.

But yeah, it's much easier to just staple these band-aids to this gangrenous limb and forget about it until it starts to stink again.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, houseofleaves, bandoscii and 14 others
Sylveon

Sylveon

??/??/20??
Oct 10, 2023
The root of the problem is that most people around the world believe that all suicide ideation is just some one-off event, or crisis, as they call it, which means they believe that by banning the methods of suicide, the person is gonna stay alive for long enough to simply snap out of it.

• Love
Reactions: coked_pigeon, damienlerone03, Passersby and 18 others
fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
What the fuck

The worst thing is, they can't ban everything. They can only ban the least painful methods.

They'd rather watch us suffer through excruciating deaths than even try to help (whether by assisted suicide or helping improve people's shitty lives)

• Informative
Reactions: brokeandbroken, failedone, bandoscii and 14 others
dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
The root of the problem is that most people around the world believe that all suicide ideation is just some one-off event, or crisis, as they call it, which means they believe that by banning the methods of suicide, the person is gonna stay alive for long enough to simply snap out of it.
God, exactly. I don't get it why they think so cause in my opinion once you've reached a certain state of mind, there's no way back from it. I, myself don't see even like at least 0.1% of chance that I'll ever again will not want to end my life. It's really simple. And they use morality as their shield but the truth is they only continue to hurt us and prolong our suffering. It's cruel.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: bandoscii, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Sylveon and 3 others
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Life is definitely not a song...
Mar 14, 2024
I agree. USA has a very litigious culture and "think of the children" mentality despite many of the people in question being grown adults. Hence stuff like drinking and smoking age there being 21. If someone complains enough then they will usually get their way. Even though the number of people taking SN is extremely miniscule compared to any other method. Enough complaints and "I wanna speak to your manager/I'm calling my lawyer" and legislators will buckle to cater to a very very small minority of individuals as the vast majority of people have no idea about this method and would never hear about it otherwise.
But they won't buckle to the 2nd Amendment (right to gun ownership). Guess not enough kids have died yet...
Smoking here is 18 btw; and mostly 18 for a gun too smh... You're more likely to get a welfare check for making suicidal posts on social media than you are for commenting about how you plan to commit murder... Hell you can be on a watchlist and skate through like the killed Boston bomber coward.
70 years ago, nuclear bombing drills in schools; 70 years later, civilian school shooter drills...
But they continue to "Pray for the families."
God bless the USA...🙄

• Aww..
Reactions: bandoscii, Trakehner, 1043169 and 2 others
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
It's almost like the whole war on drugs thing at this point.

Reactions: 1043169 and fleetingnight
ASp4E

ASp4E

May 23, 2024
Any indication of when the change might happen? And when similar changes might happen in other locations?

R

rem2024

Jun 2, 2024
There's a market-based solution to the suicide issue that the people who push this legislation just can't stop overlooking. At least try to make life look more appealing than death. Create a better product. Do more than the absolute bare minimum necessary to call yourself a society.

Unfortunately, that will never happen. As soon as you begin actually talking about why people are suicidal, then everyone gets all huffy and defensive. Then they start pacing, crossing their arms, furrowing their brows, putting their hands on their hips, wiping their foreheads, scratching their heads, and ripping their hair out, because suddenly, our lives are intersecting with their pride, fantasies, and investments. Maybe if you're lucky, they'll regurgitate some feelgood fauxlosophical buffoonery onto you to warm your tummy with.

But yeah, it's much easier to just staple these band-aids to this gangrenous limb and forget about it until it starts to stink again.
This is totally correct, I seen this in my own experiences
Th
Any indication of when the change might happen? And when similar changes might happen in other locations?
The bill goes through the senate this month and has bipartisan support
But they won't buckle to the 2nd Amendment (right to gun ownership). Guess not enough kids have died yet...
Smoking here is 18 btw; and mostly 18 for a gun too smh... You're more likely to get a welfare check for making suicidal posts on social media than you are for commenting about how you plan to commit murder... Hell you can be on a watchlist and skate through like the killed Boston bomber coward.
70 years ago, nuclear bombing drills in schools; 70 years later, civilian school shooter drills...
But they continue to "Pray for the families."
God bless the USA...🙄
lol this made me laugh.

• Yay!
Reactions: DefinitelyReady
permanently tired

permanently tired

Too exhausted to try again
Nov 8, 2023
All banning sn does is drive ppl toward more violent methods 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: Passersby, bandoscii, Trakehner and 1 other person
N

Not a Cylon

Blah
Jun 27, 2024

Unfortunately, that will never happen. As soon as you begin actually talking about why people are suicidal, then everyone gets all huffy and defensive. ….

The United States is big on "war on poverty" "war on drugs" which attack the individuals suffering vs the root cause of *why* there is so much suffering.

Reactions: Tonkpils, fadefrost, bandoscii and 3 others
R

RoadBLOCK

Jul 9, 2024
I support this decision if the percentage of children who buy it is large, and this is actually the case

E

Erring

Jul 7, 2024
Sorry to read it, yankfellows.

• Yay!
Reactions: DefinitelyReady
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
All banning sn does is drive ppl toward more violent methods 🤷‍♀️
That's their goal. They never cared about the quality of life of suicidal people in the first place. They just want to keep as much people alive as possible by removing access to the nicer suicide methods

Reactions: 3/4Dead, sadandlonely99, onemoreyear and 7 others
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Sodium nitrite poisoning has become an increasingly common method of suicide among teenagers and young adults, according to recent research from the Centers for Disease Control. The bill, if passed by the Senate and signed by the president, prohibits consumer sales of the compound.May 22, 2024
This is pure evil . The U.S. is the worst country. Already the House of the U.S. congress passed the banning of SN sales to individuals. looks like they will fully pass it into law sooner or later.

And they are pure evil liars all of these politicians and the media creeps . if it were about protecting children like they say they could just put proof of age over 18 to buy it. but no they ban it for anyone even if someone is 80 in pain and wants to end their pain they can't now.

The fact is that life can get very torturous for any human or other sentient animal any day . To deny people a way to escape extreme torture is pure evil.

They are passing it because the NY times wrote that article trying to get this site and SN banned : here's the proof the congress monsters refrence the NY times article as their source of info:
"A 2021 New York Times investigation into an online suicide forum found that sodium nitrite was being popularized and encouraged as an easily accessible method to die by suicide. The forum, which is disguised as a safe place to discuss suicidal ideation, hosts threads where anonymous users provide detailed instructions and real-time guidance on how to die by suicide using sodium nitrite. A 2021 toxicology publication based on data from the National Poison Data System (NPDS), one of the data sources used by the CDC, points to a rise in self-poisonings using sodium nitrite in the United States since 2017."

Junko Furuta was age 16 when a gang kidnapped her and tortured her for 44 days. So these politicians in the U.S. would not allow her to have SN, even after being tortured for a few days because they say she doesn't have the mental capacity to tell that her suffering was bad enough to exit this hell. they'll say Junko needs to be 18 no now 25 to have mental capacity. She did beg her captors to kill her but they wouldn't . how are these politicians any different from those kidnappers?

So it's ridiculous to say that she couldn't have the mental capacity to know the SN would kill her but that it would allow her to escape her extreme torture. Plus she like everyone should know that she would've died anyway as we all will . the question is not will we die but how much will we suffer between now and certain death. Clearly SN or N or cyanide or a gunshot would be less suffering than her or most diseases like cancer or dementia.

The fact is that life can get very torturous for any human or other sentient animal any day . To deny people a way to escape extreme torture is pure evil.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Informative
Reactions: GoatHerder, ijustwishtodie, Sunset Limited and 1 other person
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Everybody in the US buy your SN now

Reactions: Passersby, GoatHerder, bandoscii and 4 others
D

danter0id

Oct 20, 2023
wait, are there even any consumer sellers of SN in the US anymore? is that actually a thing they need to legislate?

M

MBG

Experienced
Jul 14, 2023
Everybody in the US buy your SN now
From where? How much SN? How to use?

I had been hoping for a nitrogen "Exit", but with the Respiro Rebreather off the market and the future of the Sarco pod in question, having a SN backup plan in place is prudent.

rj3542

rj3542

Jun 27, 2024
You can follow the bill's progress here. My guess is it will probably eventually pass.

• Aww..
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and divinemistress36
Dot

Dot

Globl mod | Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
This is pure evil . The U.S. is the worst country. Already the House of the U.S. congress passed the banning of SN sales to individuals. looks like they will fully pass it into law sooner or later.

And they are pure evil liars all of these politicians and the media creeps . if it were about protecting children like they say they could just put proof of age over 18 to buy it. but no they ban it for anyone even if someone is 80 in pain and wants to end their pain they can't now.

They are passing it because the NY times wrote that article trying to get this site and SN banned : here's the proof the congress monsters refrence the NY times article as their source of info:
"A 2021 New York Times investigation into an online suicide forum found that sodium nitrite was being popularized and encouraged as an easily accessible method to die by suicide. The forum, which is disguised as a safe place to discuss suicidal ideation, hosts threads where anonymous users provide detailed instructions and real-time guidance on how to die by suicide using sodium nitrite. A 2021 toxicology publication based on data from the National Poison Data System (NPDS), one of the data sources used by the CDC, points to a rise in self-poisonings using sodium nitrite in the United States since 2017."

Junko Furuta was age 16 when a gang kidnapped her and tortured her for 44 days. So these politicians in the U.S. would not allow her to have SN, even after being tortured for a few days because they say she doesn't have the mental capacity to tell that her suffering was bad enough to exit this hell. they'll say Junko needs to be 18 no now 25 to have mental capacity. She did beg her captors to kill her but they wouldn't . how are these politicians any different from those kidnappers?

So it's ridiculous to say that she couldn't have the mental capacity to know the SN would kill her but that it would allow her to escape her extreme torture. Plus she like everyone should know that she would've died anyway as we all will . the question is not will we die but how much will we suffer between now and certain death. Clearly SN or N or cyanide or a gunshot would be less suffering than her or most diseases like cancer or dementia.

'Yth' poisnng act

S/ if = 'yth' poisnng act thn srely ppl18+/21+ shld b abl t/ purchse SN

Reactions: Relic, achb and divinemistress36
JOkE2109

JOkE2109

Student
Dec 18, 2023
"Our next course of action? Banning the usage of your arms and legs. In all suicides, we have seen consistent data showing us these limbs were used to enact death."

Reactions: GoatHerder, bandoscii, 3/4Dead and 5 others
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
'Yth' poisnng act

S/ if = 'yth' poisnng act thn srely ppl18+/21+ shld b abl t/ purchse SN
you are saying that someone over 18 can purchase SN if this is passed? It doesn't say that . It's named "youth protection " as a deception .where is the proof that someone over 18 can purchase SN if this bill is passed? From what i can see of the text of the bill they are banning SN making it a hazardous substance. banning the sale of more than 10% SN to individuals and for other purposes.

This bill makes a consumer product with a concentration of sodium nitrite of 10% or greater a banned hazardous product.

118th CONGRESS
2d Session​

H. R. 4310​

IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES

May 16, 2024
Received; read twice and referred to the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation​

AN ACT

To ban the sale of products with a high concentration of sodium nitrite to individuals, and for other purposes.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. Short title.

This Act may be cited as the "Youth Poisoning Protection Act".
SEC. 2. Banning of products containing a high concentration of sodium nitrite.

(a) In general.—Any consumer product containing a high concentration of sodium nitrite shall be considered to be a banned hazardous product under section 8 of the Consumer Product Safety Act (15 U.S.C. 2057).

(b) Definitions.—For purposes of this section:
(1) CONSUMER PRODUCT.—The term "consumer product" has the meaning given that term under section 3(a)(5) of the Consumer Product Safety Act (15 U.S.C. 2052(a)(5)).

(2) HIGH CONCENTRATION OF SODIUM NITRITE.—The term "high concentration of sodium nitrite" means a concentration of 10 or more percent by weight of sodium nitrite.

(c) Effective date.—This section shall take effect 90 days after the date of enactment of this Act.
Passed the House of Representatives May 15, 2024.

==================================================================

That's what they are naming it as a deception . there is no age stated . they are just making SN a banned hazardous substance. One of my points is the lies . if it were to protect the children they would say you need proof of age over 18 to purchase. They use that "protecting youth" as a gateway

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: GoatHerder, avalonisburning and Talvikki
H

Hotsackage

Paragon
Mar 11, 2019
I'd like some politician who actually has first hand experience with chronic illness, comment.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, GoatHerder, Trakehner and 2 others
Whale_bones

Whale_bones

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
you are saying that someone over 18 can purchase SN if this is passed? It doesn't say that . It's named "youth protection " as a deception .

I think Dot was pointing out precisely that the name is a deception, that's how I read their comment atleast (Dot, I don't want to speak for you, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

Like if this was actually aimed at protecting the youth, then it would only make sense for people 18+, or atleast 21+, to still be allowed to buy it. To me, this is lawmakers being shamelessly bold that they don't give a shit about people's life circumstances or the actual reasons they want to die. They care about public image, and if that means outright deceiving most of the public by naming a bill "youth protection" when it has nothing to do with age, they'll do that no problem.

They won't enact laws that actually reduce suffering and make people's lives more bearable, because that won't get them the clap on the back that saying "we're protecting the children!" does. They choose that praise and false public image over doing things that could actually reduce people's desire to die.

It makes me so angry and disgusted…

Reactions: rednights
T

ToMoveOn

Jun 16, 2024
The government obviously doesn't care about any of us.

The problem is that it is uneconomical for us to die prematurely.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
T

tobie

Jun 24, 2024
This is totally correct, I seen this in my own experiences
Th

The bill goes through the senate this month and has bipartisan support

lol this made me laugh.
So technically this means is it still legal for companies to sell to individuals ? I see it online but product description says they will only sell to verified companies.

Last edited:
bleeding_heart_show

bleeding_heart_show

Dec 23, 2023
Suicide is bad for business!

• Yay!
Reactions: Cakeisalie, DefinitelyReady, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others