Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Sure, it will be said that "whatever reason that causes people to not want to live is irrational and/or temporary and/or can be fixed with whatever treatment/therapy/support".

But why is society so hell-bent on keeping people as prisoners of this world when they do not want to be a part of it? In some cases, people simply don't want to exist in this world; the mere concept of existing in this world causes distress. But society would rather force these people to live against their will, going as far as locking them up in mental institutes to ensure that they do continue to exist. From an utilitarian point of view, wouldn't it just be better to allow these people to take their own life? Is this just a relic of the past where strength came in numbers and we needed "every possible human" to ensure survival of the species? With an increasingly overpopulated planet today, this argument obviously doesn't hold anymore, if it ever did.

Life It just feels like life is simply a roulette game where nothing is in your hands. Things will happen to you out of bad luck, and the illusion of choice that you have is nothing but an illusion, since you're predisposed genetically to make your life decisions that ultimately shape your path. If I can't control anything in my life, why can't I at least control whether I want to play the game or life or not? I'm sick of it, yet I'm forced to play it.

• Hugs
Reactions: depthss, Forever Sleep, ijustwishtodie and 7 others
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Vultures circle overhead
Feb 28, 2023
People are afraid of death and they don't want to think about it at all. Most people completely lack empathy which is why so many people are abusive to their children and pets, so they don't care about suicidal people. Pretty much every religion condemns suicide which spills over into the law since most people are religious. There are long running propaganda campaigns which changed the general attitude from "suicide is sinful" to "suicide is because of mental illness", which basically means they can be imprisoned or tortured until they aren't anymore. There are so many known cases of prisoners being abused and outsiders not caring because they're prisoners, there is an attitude of "they deserve it" or "they need it" or even "they're lying".

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36, myusername890, kvsvenky100 and 2 others
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
To ensure they have enough slaves around to work and pay taxes.

Reactions: We Are Angels, ijustwishtodie, malevolentdiety and 8 others
anomaly0

anomaly0

Oct 14, 2024
In my opinion most people are "brainwashed" in to thinking suicide is bad by society. Each time someone kills themselves is a mini damage to the group: one taxpayer less, one worker less, one consumer less...
Those who control the groups know about this and throught history they used different methods to convince people that suicide is bad: religious people telling that suicide is sinful, scientist saying that being suicidal is a mental disorder, people of culture saying that suicide is irrational...

Reactions: We Are Angels, divinemistress36, ijustwishtodie and 4 others
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Enlightened
Apr 15, 2024
"Society" is just a small minority that was and is willing to commit violence and force against others the most, dominating over the masses who are NOT willing or able to commit violence against others. Knowing that, it makes sense:

The rich force the poor to live in poverty against their will. The police force their prisoners to live in prison against their will. The military force their population to live in a war zone against their will. And the non-suicidal force the suicidal to live in the world in general against their will. If we are allowed to just exit, it gives us the power and autonomy back, and they can't have that. The military can't just allow their captive population to leave. The police can't just let prisoners leave the prison any time they like or they lose all power over them. The rich cannot just share their possessions freely with the poor and still be rich alone.

Society cannot just let their members exit life whenever they like, or else they couldn't just tell us to "suck it up and accept shitty life situations".

So they give platitudes and false hope like "things will get better". Or they play on moral guilt like "ya momma gonna be sad". Or they brainwash people by using or misusing whatever the masses already believe in (religion, culture, ethnicity, superhero characters, media) or else just play on fear of pain or the unknown post-death. Or they offer expensive small talk (therapy). Or pills that work little better than placebo (SSRIs etc.). And if that doesn't work, they simply, by violence, ban all effective poisons and even threaten with prison or involuntary psych ward admission if you survive (some societies even used to punish the family of the suicided person).
To ensure they have enough slaves around to work and pay taxes.
And this ^

• Love
Reactions: We Are Angels, ijustwishtodie and Darkover
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
In my opinion most people are "brainwashed" in to thinking suicide is bad by society. Each time someone kills themselves is a mini damage to the group: one taxpayer less, one worker less, one consumer less...
Those who control the groups know about this and throught history they used different methods to convince people that suicide is bad: religious people telling that suicide is sinful, scientist saying that being suicidal is a mental disorder, people of culture saying that suicide is irrational...
I totally agree with your post. That means it's true because we both reasoned this independently , and it's seen nowhere.

But the brainwashing goes much further and deeper than anyone even imagines. For example they have most believing the lies that 'life is good " and that non-existence is bad . the opposite is the truth

Last edited:
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Darkover and anomaly0
anomaly0

anomaly0

Oct 14, 2024
I totally agree with your post. That means it's true because we both reasoned this independently , and it's seen nowhere.
I'm glad to know that someone agrees with my ideas.
For example the lies that 'life is good " and that non-existence is bad.
Most people overvalue happy moments in their life. For almost all humans in the world , life is generally bad, but from time to time something slightly good happens to them and they're happy for a brief moment. Since the average person doesnt think too hard about existence, they start saying things like this: they dont do it to lie to you, but they actually belive it. If they started to reason like the standart user in this forum they wouldnt say this.

Reactions: We Are Angels, divinemistress36, ijustwishtodie and 2 others
C

cosmic-realism

Sep 7, 2024
Most people cannot think critically.No different than sheep who will fall down the same cliff one after the other.

If you stop following the sheep,one of the two things happen.1)You become rich 2)You become wise

The process is gruesome,when you see all the mindless sheep yapping about this and that,like the idiots they are.They don't know anything nor are they capable of thinking deep enough.Pathetic.

Reactions: divinemistress36, ijustwishtodie, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
Praying 4 a Miracle

Praying 4 a Miracle

Student
Sep 22, 2024
Lots of extremely valid reasons why societies around the world have had such a horrifying attitude towards innocent souls who are suffering. But the good news is that this is changing quickly, and we are at the edge of crossing over the tipping point on this issue globally. We're living in the information age, which means that it's very difficult for most human beings to stay completely ignorant about this subject for much longer.

Reactions: Darkover
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Lots of extremely valid reasons why societies around the world have had such a horrifying attitude towards innocent souls who are suffering. But the good news is that this is changing quickly, and we are at the edge of crossing over the tipping point on this issue globally. We're living in the information age, which means that it's very difficult for most human beings to stay completely ignorant about this subject for much longer.
still along way to go i mean A slim majority of Americans (56%) say they believe in God "as described in the Bible.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and kvsvenky100
Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Wizard
Aug 28, 2021
.As mentioned above, we live in a society of slaveholders. Economic growth means population grows and having no children or even killing oneself reduces the property of the elites. In this society suicide is called egoistic in other societies or under other conditions, for example in war, altruistic suicide is higly respected. If one person commits suicide it is not a problem in itself but the elites have to take care that there is no signal effect, that there are not to many imitators.

In the end, nobody can force you to live against your will, in this forum you can find many ways to kill yourself. They cannot lock you up when you are dead, but you should not fail in your attempt.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Darkover and malevolentdiety
Leiot

Leiot

Student
Oct 2, 2024
Because they know better. Seriously, if someone is considering CTB and acts impulsively that's a shame but I think it's still our right.

If you want to see a peaceful suicide see the scene in Soylent Green where Edward G. Robinson commits suicide because he can't live in the dystopian world where food is made out of people. It caused a major stink when the move came out.

Reactions: divinemistress36, Darkover and passer-by
targz

targz

Feb 22, 2023
Memes will generally need to be beneficial to society in some way to last in the long-term, just like genes. The suicidality meme is like a deformity gene and is naturally weeded out by natural selection.

Reactions: Darkover and malevolentdiety
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
In the end, nobody can force you to live against your will,
we are being forced to live, especially when considering the fact that we didn't choose to be born in the first place.
Lack of Access to Means: Some people who may wish to end their life lack access to peaceful and painless methods.
Without a safe and reliable way to die, they are left with the choice of continuing to live, despite their desires.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, malevolentdiety and Praying 4 a Miracle
Elenysium

Elenysium

Oct 17, 2024
But why is society so hell-bent on keeping people as prisoners of this world when they do not want to be a part of it?

I mean... is it really?

It doesn't seem like most people really care about forcing others to stay alive. It's more of a cultural thing, because it would be WRONG and EVIL to do absolutely nothing to stop someone from CTB.

For instance, think of when you look up anything on Google that lightly hints at "suicide" or "self harm" and suddenly you get showered with those "Don't do it!" generic borderline AI generated website posts and suicide prevention hotlines. Do you think they really care or is it more of a way for Google as a company to claim "Hey, we did our part."?

There's just too much taboo around this topic and it seems most people simply resort to the default "Don't do it, suicide is wrong"-mentality instead of putting in the effort of discussing the matter.

Reactions: Gustav Hartmann
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Because the government and the elites need wage slaves. Society is okay with letting this system perpetuate meaning that things will always be like this. Keeping people alive against their will has always been about control and I think that it's absolutely sickening and atrocious at how we live in a pro suffering society.
For example they have most believing the lies that 'life is good " and that non-existence is bad . the opposite is the truth
This. Non existence really is the best thing there can be for any sentient animal since it's only via non existence where they will never be at a risk of suffering and pain. I consider the absence of suffering as well as the lack of any risk of future suffering to be blissful and peaceful

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
nihilistic_dragon

nihilistic_dragon

Dead already. Just need to dispose of my body now.
Aug 6, 2024
Because it's not profitable for the society to have people die. Who's gonna pay taxes? Buy all the stupid shit they produce? Pay all the insane medical bills?