• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

mini_weeny

mini_weeny

Every cradle is a grave
Jan 5, 2021
Only seen it in the movies, is it true people who die of hanging end up with their tongues sticking out their mouth? Why is that??? Does the whole wind pipe breaks and caves in ? that's why the tongue is pulled outwards? I got pretty hurt from messing around with a scarf, nothing violent still I damaged a pharyngeal nerve and got crackling sounds in my throat that have lasted for more than a year and a half, still, I can't find another method other than full suspension, my neck is super skinny so I suppose there would be a lot of cartilage and Hioid bone fracture? Most people have fat and muscle to "soften" the strangulation but I'm all skin and bones, I can easily feel my pulse right beneath the surface of the skin in my neck.

Reactions: iwanttodie000
I

iwanttodie000

Student
Feb 15, 2021
I have wondered that too. I assume it's just the force of everything pulling down combined with the body trying to get air, especially in full suspension. I know I have noticed my tongue automatically sticks out even if I hang with a belt off my desk or a towel rod or anything anchored without even passing out. I think it might just be a natural body survival thing that's uncontrollable. I'm no expert tho lol

Reactions: RedHarlequin
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Let's see here... *adjusts glasses*

epiglottis_dreamstime_s_142193269.jpg

If we press all of that shit under the tongue together and move it upward it would make sense for the base of the tongue to get transported a bit. If the tongue will come out of the mouth would depend on more factors. Biting down? Gasping for air? Screaming?

• Yay!
Reactions: Rabitfever and inthemoonblue
user667

user667

Student
May 11, 2020
i thought it was just because death causes swelling of the tongue, which forces it to protrude. i have no knowledge of science tho so idk

Reactions: DetachedDreamer97 and GenesAndEnvironment
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
i thought it was just because death causes swelling of the tongue, which forces it to protrude. i have no knowledge of science tho so idk
This makes sense, same reason as the eyes popping out of the skull.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020

I think you're right!

mini_weeny

mini_weeny

Every cradle is a grave
Jan 5, 2021
This makes sense, same reason as the eyes popping out of the skull.
I thought the eyes popped out because of the pressure of all the blood building inside the skull.
I have wondered that too. I assume it's just the force of everything pulling down combined with the body trying to get air, especially in full suspension. I know I have noticed my tongue automatically sticks out even if I hang with a belt off my desk or a towel rod or anything anchored without even passing out. I think it might just be a natural body survival thing that's uncontrollable. I'm no expert tho lol
Maybe it's a reflex that happens when pressure is applied in a specific place in the neck.

Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
This website says "The tongue may protrude due to the pressure of the noose on the base of it" and looking at @GenesAndEnvironment's diagram, that'd be around the top of the hyoid bone, which does tend to break during hanging.

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
mini_weeny

mini_weeny

Every cradle is a grave
Jan 5, 2021
This website says "The tongue may protrude due to the pressure of the noose on the base of it" and looking at @GenesAndEnvironment's diagram, that'd be around the top of the hyoid bone, which does tend to break during hanging.
Then it must be more painful than some ppl here say it is right?

W

WaitingForTheBusInTh

Student
Nov 18, 2020
That's why I'm putting a pillowcase over my head when I go. Want to give the person who finds me a minute before they have to see that

Reactions: nox_ghoul and RedHarlequin