• Hey Guest,

We will never comply with any of OFCOM's demands or any other nations censorious demands for that matter. We will only follow the laws of the land of which our server is located, which is the US.

Any demands for censorship or requests to comply with the law outside of the US will be promptly ignored.

No foreign laws or pressure will make us comply with anti-censorship laws and we will protect the speech of our members, regardless of where they might live in the world. If that means being blocked in the UK, so be it. We would advise that any UK member gets a VPN to browse the site, or use TOR.

However, today, we stand up these these governments that want to bully or censor this website.

Fuck OFCOM, and fuck any media organization or group that think it's cool or fun to stalk or bully people that suffering in this world.

Edit: We also wanted to address the veiled threats made against a staff member in the UK by the BBC in the news today. We are undeterred by any threats, intimination, by the BBC or by any other groups dedicated to doxxing and harassing our staff and members. Journalists from the BBC, CTV, Kansas Star, Daily Mail and many other outlets have continuiously ignored the fact that many of the people that they're interviewing (such as @leelfc84 on Twitter/X) and propping up are the same people posting addresses of staff members and our founders on social media. We show them proof of this and they ignore it and don't address it.They're all just as evil as each other, and should be treated accordingly. They do not care about the safety of our staff members, founders, or administrators, or even members, so why would they care about you?

Now that we have your attention, journalists, will you ever address this? You've given these evil people interviews, and free press.

Uninfluential_Karma

Uninfluential_Karma

Rat Cult Leader
Aug 5, 2024
I hate how when I tell the people closest to me that I don't want to live they automatically blame themselves. It's always the people who have done the best for me too. I get that there are things they could do, but ultimately CTBing is my choice. My mother and my best friend do this the most whenever I express how I feel. Are they stupid? Are they just trying to take the blame away from me so they can control the situation? In a strange way, I want to have the most credit for fucking myself up. I could've done so much better but I just don't.

Another thing that really sucks is that they tell me how much it would hurt them if I died. I believe that but they don't try to help me much either when I try to give them suggestions on how to help. I think that's why they blame themselves maybe. I just get told that if I die, they'll blame themselves forever and never recover. I get it must be hard, but it's also hard for me to live. Put very bluntly and selfishly, I just don't want to think about how they feel. I've stopped caring about basically everything I should but it's not like I chose this. I tell them this in the softest way I know how, but they still keep saying things about it anyway. My father had possibly a worse reaction a few years back, he started out as the same but then basically told me to kms. I don't know what I want, but I hate both of these reactions. Maybe it would be best if they supported me neutrally, trying to comfort me and not telling me what I should or shouldn't do. I don't know.

Kind of unrelated, but does anyone know what the rules to reporting suicidal ideation is? I want to tell my therapist about my last attempts, but I don't know if she'd force me to a mental hospital. It was a traumatizing experience to try to die, and I want to talk through it, but I don't know if it's too soon where I could get locked up. If it helps any, I still want to CTB, but I'm not in an active state anymore and it might take awhile for me to purposely try to kill my self.

Reactions: null_blank
null_blank

null_blank

just passing through
Aug 14, 2024
I think that if you're not actively planning nor have the immediate means, your professional is not supposed to do anything. Besides, what a feather in the cap to talk somebody down from being even halfway close to contemplating?? Makes them feel good.

My dsm doesn't give guidelines for reporting but I could see it probably depending on local/national board practices. (It might also not be the right resource for that info though.)

• Love
Reactions: Uninfluential_Karma
M

Manfrotto99

Experienced
Oct 10, 2023
I find the opposite, everyone I know blames me and just tells me to stop feeling sorry for myself and buck out of it. They do me not blame themselves at all.

The only one who doesn't blame me is my psychologist. Yes she knows about my plans but I do not go on about it to her because she is required to report it. In my case she has not because my depression is situational and there is nothing I can do about it. I need money to survive and have some quality of life. My psychologist also mentioned that having a plan and way out can actually help you get through things. I guess it really depends on the psychologist and your personal circumstances. I think if your wanting to talk about your past and your not in that state atm it should be OK and would be helpful to talk about it with your psychologist.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Uninfluential_Karma