M

musicismylife

Oct 7, 2018
I was just wondering since I have been smoking for over 15 years now and I do notice that it puts me in a psychotic pattern if that makes sense, did any f you ever reach that conclusion ?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Iwant2sleepforever, bunny and 2 others
ParamitePie

ParamitePie

Experienced
Oct 11, 2018
Not really. It just calms my nerves.

Reactions: Final Escape, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, bunny and 3 others
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
I was a passive smoker for a long time, since both of my parents smoked a LOT. Personally, I tried it twice, and I felt extremely nauseous both times. Never again.

Reactions: Final Escape, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, bunny and 3 others
M

musicismylife

Oct 7, 2018
Interesting how chemistry has different interpretations in our minds I guess...

Reactions: Final Escape, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, bunny and 4 others
Gainax

Gainax

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
its just an unresolved oral fixation, i don't do it

Reactions: Final Escape, bunny, 08nomore and 2 others
Pastdue

Pastdue

Oct 9, 2018
A distraction to make it through the day.

Reactions: Final Escape, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, HeartbreakInStereo and 4 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I pretty much chain smoke. I remember someone saying people who smoke subconsciously want to die. With me it's not subconscious but if I couldn't smoke I'd want to die even more

Reactions: superblessed, Final Escape, HeartbreakInStereo and 4 others
08nomore

08nomore

Sep 24, 2018
Used to smoke a lot few years ago. Never got addicted tho.

Reactions: Final Escape, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras and 2 others
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
I pretty much chain smoke. I remember someone saying people who smoke subconsciously want to die. With me it's not subconscious but if I couldn't smoke I'd want to die even more
When I went to the church, I remember people calling smokers "passively suicidal" or something like that.

Reactions: Final Escape, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, bunny and 2 others
S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
I don't smoke, it never really appealed to me.

Funny fact: Smokers get more diseases than non-smokers, so a priori you'd expect them to have more expensive health care needs. However, they die younger, so they cost less in the long term.

See https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9321534

Although smoking cessation is desirable from a public health perspective, its consequences with respect to health care costs are still debated. Smokers have more disease than nonsmokers, but nonsmokers live longer and can incur more health costs at advanced ages.

Their conclusion:

(...) in a population in which no one smoked the costs would be 7 percent higher among men and 4 percent higher among women than the costs in the current mixed population of smokers and nonsmokers.

If all smokers quit, health care costs would be lower at first, but after 15 years they would become higher than at present.

Reactions: MiserableBastard1995, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, wxtyubidi7y and 3 others
RottingFlowerBrains

RottingFlowerBrains

Student
Sep 10, 2018
I took up smoking as a teenager.. still smoke now. Its a disgusting habit wish id never started
I am addicted to nicoten but theres lots in my chops i do so somedays i do more smokes then others

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, musicismylife, lv-gras and 1 other person
Escargot Shorts

Escargot Shorts

Tears-of-a-Clown Ass Bitch
Sep 26, 2018
i started when i was 15 and would smoke just about every day on the way to school, slowed down maybe about five years later but never had a problem with going months without one. i don't do it routinely but in social occasions i might have a few if anyone is willing to let me bum off them but it's so few and far between and everyone i know is vaping now (no thanks)

otherwise i kinda like cigarette breath on other people sometimes. it's like. got such an appeal to it.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, musicismylife, lv-gras and 3 others
I

IG959

Arcanist
Aug 14, 2018
I only tend to smoke if I'm drinking alcohol or I'm extremely stressed

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, RottingFlowerBrains and musicismylife
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I smoke Marlboro Gold 100s, maybe 10 a day. I don't begrudge myself them because let's face it, life's a bitch.

Reactions: littlelungs, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, RottingFlowerBrains and 1 other person
willowtrees0

willowtrees0

willowtrees
Oct 5, 2018
I smoke but honestly If you can afford your addiction you can do whatever you want. I dont drink or do any other drugs. I am of age to buy cigs and can afford them. A qoute I read a while back really stuck with me. 'we are all in the same game just different levels, dealing with the same hell just different devils' Everyone has their own addiction. whether its addicted to lying or gambling, to self harm and drugs. All of us are in the same boat so I dont judge anyone. Unless you are stealing or killing to feed your addiction then no one has the right to tell you otherwise.

Reactions: superblessed, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, RottingFlowerBrains and 2 others
Gainax

Gainax

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
I don't find the appeal of smoking cigarettes,
But vaping seems interesting with its different kinds of flavours and seems a good way to help quit smoking cigarettes by reducing the amount of nicotine in each vaping session

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, RottingFlowerBrains, musicismylife and 1 other person
skitliv

skitliv

Le mort joyeux
Jul 11, 2018
I smoke like a chimney and I like it

Reactions: wiIIow, Fcancer, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 5 others
musician

musician

Oct 16, 2018
I was a heavy smoker for 22 years then I switched to vaping.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras and RottingFlowerBrains
Duqu

Duqu

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
Aug 27, 2018
I definitely don't. I tried once and nearly threw up from coughing so hard and I feel like this is most peoples' experience with "first time smoking" and would love to know why you KEPT trying until you got addicted...?

I also have a trigger regarding the smell of cigarette smoke for my C-PTSD. So there's that too. I hate the smell, it gives me panic attacks.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras, Schopenhauer and 1 other person
M

Miro

Oct 17, 2018
When I used to smoke, it was a nice sanity break.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
I been a smoker for 20 years and it sucks. Tired of waking up every morning coughing up lung residue. Sometimes I get so congested that I began dry heaving..snot everywhere. It ain't a pretty sight. Then when I try to stop I go though withdraws and get very agitated. Just another monkey on my back. I tried vaping but it just ain't the same for some reason. Not to mention it's expensive as hell. I smoke Marlboro Menthol 100s.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, RottingFlowerBrains, wxtyubidi7y and 1 other person
ParamitePie

ParamitePie

Experienced
Oct 11, 2018
I definitely don't. I tried once and nearly threw up from coughing so hard and I feel like this is most peoples' experience with "first time smoking" and would love to know why you KEPT trying until you got addicted...?

I also have a trigger regarding the smell of cigarette smoke for my C-PTSD. So there's that too. I hate the smell, it gives me panic attacks.
My first time smoking, I coughed a little. My first time drinking, I threw up. My first time staying up all night, I got a headache and slept through an entire class. My first time in the snow, I got frostbite. I don't have to drink, stay up late or go to the snow, but I like those things, so I still do. Same thing with smoking.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and TheFool
M

MKnight

Oct 19, 2018
Its been years since I smoked, I do miss the nights looking up at the sky, listening to songs and smoking.

Reactions: Lra888, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Red star
TheFool

TheFool

Oct 19, 2018
Did you know that one Juul pod contains the same amount of nicotine as 20 cigarettes? No thank you, I'll stick to smoking.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Trashcan

Trashcan

Trash
Aug 31, 2018
Tried it a few times and didn't like it

starcrossedfate

starcrossedfate

Passenger
Sep 24, 2018
I smoke 1-5 cigs a day even though it makes my tinnitus worse. As paradoxically paranoid as I am about my health, it's one of the handful of things that gets "the edge" off my life right now.

Reactions: Lra888 and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Fcancer

Fcancer

Student
Sep 24, 2018
My old man smoked port royal rollies with no filters for 30+ years, watched him almost die because of it. That was enough for me to never take it up, mind you I smoked everything else under the sun in my teenage years..so I am no better.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and wxtyubidi7y
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I was just wondering since I have been smoking for over 15 years now and I do notice that it puts me in a psychotic pattern if that makes sense, did any f you ever reach that conclusion ?
I have tried it but never picked it up regularly because I feared dependency and not being able to quit once it becomes habit. I wish I had the same fear when they prescribed me stimulant medication. Probably because it's coming from the doctor u don't think they will give u something harmful or majorly addictive. For some people it only takes that one cigarette and you're hooked, just depends on how predisposed you are towards a certain substance.

Last edited:
Tara2018

Tara2018

Oct 17, 2018
I started when I was 12, I smoke Marlboro reds plus I'm vaping occasionally.
I tried to quit a lot of times but never succeeded.
And now I don't care anymore I like it.