• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
I got fired from my last job 5 years ago and haven't had a proper job since. I was a teacher and my career was a big part of my identity and gave me much needed purpose, structure and social interaction, not to mention a paycheck. I'd love to be working again and being productive but I'm just too damn sick. Sometimes I feel like a big pile of crap especially when I start comparing myself to others.

Losing my career is a huge reason for planning my suicide. I'd rather be dead than sitting around watching life go by while I rot and also having to depend on the charity of others, which is what I'll have to do once my money runs out which is right around the corner.

Ash

Ash

Paragon
Oct 4, 2021
I can't work at the moment. I can't even reliably volunteer or participate in groups. Many people seem to understand but the UK government is convinced that we're a bunch of work shy shirkers and benefit-fraudsters. That in itself is terrible for my mental health. Go figure.

MidnightDream

MidnightDream

Warlock
Sep 5, 2022
I can't work at the moment. I can't even reliably volunteer or participate in groups. Many people seem to understand but the UK government is convinced that we're a bunch of work shy shirkers and benefit-fraudsters. That in itself is terrible for my mental health. Go figure.
honestly quite terrified of whats happening to the uk rn in terms of disabled people
I do 3 days a week.. Most i can manage

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Desperate to go--
Mar 14, 2024
I got fired from my last job 5 years ago and haven't had a proper job since. I was a teacher and my career was a big part of my identity and gave me much needed purpose, structure and social interaction, not to mention a paycheck. I'd love to be working again and being productive but I'm just too damn sick. Sometimes I feel like a big pile of crap especially when I start comparing myself to others.

Losing my career is a huge reason for planning my suicide. I'd rather be dead than sitting around watching life go by while I rot and also having to depend on the charity of others, which is what I'll have to do once my money runs out which is right around the corner.
Have you applied for disability?

arnxxx

arnxxx

Experienced
Mar 8, 2024
I work 4-10 hours every week. I refuse to stop working even if working increases my anxiety. I took an extra job twice. I work in journalism and that is my passion. Well it used to be my passion. This crippling depression makes everything 1000x harder to do. I want nothing less than be rid of the depression.
Work for me means being useful for society, something I find important.

E

Ephemeron

human trash
Dec 17, 2023
I'm unable to work, but I still do work full time (somehow) because if I don't I will be homeless. Although, I will likely quit my job and CTB as there's no other option for me.

And sorry you've experienced all that shit, Bob.

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Yes, I can't work. I was immediately approved for American disability without a need for lawyers or appeals or anything. That tells you something.

I abhor feeling like a drain but I just can't do it.

T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
I work minimum wage jobs. I've also tried to get some other experience volunteering but I never get anything except labor, which is what I'm already doing. Society only wants me for physical labor which has had a major impact on my self esteem.

SnakesButNoLadder

SnakesButNoLadder

"Don't trip on what is behind you" • UK
Jan 15, 2024
I've had local security issues, I can work but I need to move out my local area. Currently unemployed claiming welfare.

( This thread would've been good as a poll )

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
I don't want to work. Work is modern day slavery. My main motivation for ctb is to escape having to work for a living. I want to be a NEET until I die. I've been one ever since graduating college. For me, it's live free or die. I will stay free, even in death
I work 4-10 hours every week. I refuse to stop working even if working increases my anxiety. I took an extra job twice. I work in journalism and that is my passion. Well it used to be my passion. This crippling depression makes everything 1000x harder to do. I want nothing less than be rid of the depression.
Why do you want to be useful to society?

Last edited:
lnlybnny

lnlybnny

Experienced
Jan 25, 2024
one of my main reasons to ctb, i never worked in my life and the people who support me are pressuring me to change my ways, and people look down on me bc of this, talk shit behind my back, i feel horrible but i'm too much of a coward to ctb already... but i hope i'll be able to at least do this right

C

CrownOfThorns

Apr 9, 2024
Chronic fatigue, migraines, anxiety and depression... I'm just so tired even the very thought of working makes me exhausted.
I don't feel safe enough with my mental health professionals to let them know how bad it is for me so they think I should be able to get a job.
I'm not and it's really fxing terrifying to be honest.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
I'm on disability and live off a lawsuit
Working sucks but not being able to work sucks even more . You just lay around all day feeling sorry for yourself
I don't want to work. Work is modern day slavery. My main motivation for ctb is to escape having to work for a living. I want to be a NEET until I die. For me, it's live free or die. I will stay free, even in death

Working gives people a sense of purpose if they like their job

D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
I have a drug-induced breathing disorder and I'm unable to work. I get 750 quid in benefits per month. I'd much prefer assisted suicide to benefits. I don't like being a burden. I didn't choose to get sick.

FadingDawn

FadingDawn

Experienced
Jul 18, 2023
Me basically. Im basically a European hikikomori; too autistic and anxious to work… as well as too fed up and hopeless to work a garbage capitalism job, and be stuck in it until I die… only the hope of making ctb easier is making me consider suffer through this miserable capitalist dystopia in some job for a whole

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Me basically. Im basically a European hikikomori; too autistic and anxious to work… as well as too fed up and hopeless to work a garbage capitalism job, and be stuck in it until I die… only the hope of making ctb easier is making me consider suffer through this miserable capitalist dystopia in some job for a whole
Fuck capitalism. I hate how we all have to live in a capitalist dystopia

Nikitatos

Nikitatos

Student
Apr 10, 2024

Same boat. I was a teacher. I got a serious health problem. I got scammed out of my life savings in the stock market. My health got even worse. So, can't work and no money. Perfect site for people like me 😂

A

alltoomuch2

Feb 10, 2024
I discussed this with the crisis team yesterday. They made the point that it is the people with agenda joining in with the witch hunt, and trolls. There are so many people out there experiencing or have experienced poor mental health (1 in 4 people) that actually more people understand than the vocal minority. Saying that, what Sunak said and the media frenzy afterwards, especially GB news, hit me hard too, and the crisis team and my mental health practitioner said it had been the same for many others. Mind have a statement about it too on their website. I felt sickened and ashamed. It must have tipped some people over the edge. I will never ever vote for the conservatives. I think they know they've lost the red walk votes so they're trying to appeal to the Daily fail (Mail) readers. Ive blocked all news sources from my Facebook page, cancelled my TV licence, and I don't even glance at the newspapers since Sunak said that. Most people understand how challenging mental health problems are, and the conservatives really shot themselves in the foot. Cos ATM I don't think I know anyone, other than my mental health workers, who hasn't got one or more mental health problems. Big hugs to you. It's so hard. But people on here were there for me yesterday even though I probably triggered some of them. And we are here with you now ❤️❤️❤️❤️

arnxxx

arnxxx

Experienced
Mar 8, 2024
I don't want to work. Work is modern day slavery. My main motivation for ctb is to escape having to work for a living. I want to be a NEET until I die. I've been one ever since graduating college. For me, it's live free or die. I will stay free, even in death

Being useful for society gives me a feeling of purpose. I already feel quiet useless only being able to work so little. I want to produce something I can be proud of and that helps people or entertains them.

Being a NEET would be a nightmare for me.
Btw there's a good anime on the subject of NEETs called welcome to the NHK. Ctb is also a theme in the show

Yuina

Yuina

Apr 13, 2024
I'm completely unable to work. I have never had a job, and by the looks of it, I probably never will. If I couldn't even finish middle school, there's just no way. I applied for disability but it's such a difficult and long process I'm not sure if I'll even have a chance.

FadingDawn

FadingDawn

Experienced
Jul 18, 2023
I'm completely unable to work. I have never had a job, and by the looks of it, I probably never will. If I couldn't even finish middle school, there's just no way. I applied for disability but it's such a difficult and long process I'm not sure if I'll even have a chance.
im a very similar situation, i think a lot of others here are; so sorry to hear you also have to go through this

A

alltoomuch2

Feb 10, 2024
We'll be careful. I pushed on through with severe anxiety, partly because 3 of my colleagues were dealing badly with bereavements. But I got worse and worse, making mistakes, panicking all the time over things I could do easily before, crying hysterically to helplines every day, but still I tried to keep going. Until one morning I had a crisis. Couldn't move, couldn't think, couldn't speak, no emotions, just floods of tears and feeling so horribly lost. 6 months later I'm still officially employed by that employer, but haven't been to work in all that time on the strong advice from my employers occupational health assessment, and my mental health practitioner. I will probably never be able to do that job again. I even get flashbacks about the job sometimes, so don't push yourself too far or you'll do too much damage. Before this I'd coped with so many serious traumas in my life, even from childhood, and always coped and supported others involved, never ever asked for help or even told anyone. Never gave in. And now I'm finished, broken, defeated. Every challenge just knocks me flat again. All because I felt too guilty to take the time off I needed, and nobody at work cared. And after all those efforts I made to stay in work to protect them, not one of them contacted me even once over the whole last 6 months to ask how I was. So sod the government, GB news, and all the others jumping on the bandwagon to further themselves without caring about the consequences.

• Hugs
Reactions: dggtscccvfd
Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Autistic, death will give me peace.
Sep 21, 2022
Me, but that's because I'm autistic with other health conditions. I doubt I can work a full time job, I don't fit into society and I got very little help to find jobs or a career. I don't exactly want to be a part of society though and feel like it hates me.

natthebrat

natthebrat

only help i want is with ctb
Jul 9, 2023
I'm technically employed, but only at Goodwill for 16 hours a week, doing the task that most of the stores only give to community service people and special needs student volunteers. I have two degrees in very different fields, but those don't help bc my autism and social anxiety lead me to keep failing interviews. And the few hours I do work are very stressful for me, also bc of the social aspect. I really wish remote work would have stayed the norm, that would make working so much more tolerable (the chance of being able to WFH was the only reason I went back to school for a second degree!). The worst part is that not having a decent job to move out means I'm stuck in the red state my parents live in, which is surely going to ban my HRT meds (I'm trans) in the near future. I just want to stop existing!

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
Took me about 3 years to get. Keep fighting. Getting a neuropsych exam helps a lot and make sure your doctors make lots of notes and a good disabilty lawyer. You have to fight like hell to get the shitty disabilty pay