• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

metasticmind

May 4, 2024
people always say like if shit gets bad don't be afraid to ask for help, but genuinely who tf can we even talk to for help irl? with friends and family it becomes a massive emotional burden and it's a shitty thing to tell them, with therapists you can't even say it without getting locked up and probably getting worse. who can i possibly ethnically reach out to with this pain without the risk of just getting institutionalised?

DarkFriend.

DarkFriend.

Neverending Suffering
May 1, 2022
You can talk here. That's what makes this place special. It's important that SS exists because of exactly what you're describing.

I'm sorry it has to be this way. There really aren't many that will understand, nor respect your right to CTB. I've found that it will push people away. Ah well. Here's to loneliness.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Irl it's almost impossible to talk to anyone. For the avg person who doesn't really suffer it's a thing they cannot comprehend that death is the only relief from all personal suffering and pain in this world. Death is id often the permanent answer to permanent unsolvable problems.

Nyx𓂀

Nyx𓂀

Xerox Of A Xerox
Jan 19, 2024
i completely agree with @DarkFriend.
I dont want to be cynical or anything but there isn't really anyone we can talk to without fear of what they're gonna do or what it might do to them. I have found this out the hard way many times in so many possible ways.
i have no one at all I could talk to irl so this is the only place I can be honest and open. people on ss are amazing and the best community of people I've ever stumbled across, people here understand and listen without doing fear or forcing anything on you. more than anyone irl has done.
I wish you so much better than what I have been through but I'm only being realistic to what I know. 💚

PreCambrianBliss

PreCambrianBliss

Touring the primordial aeon
Apr 26, 2023
Maybe find someone you trust and gradually talk more about depressive subjects every now and then to feel out how they respond before really getting into it. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get into deeper subjects with anyone I know so now sasu and r/timetogo are the only options I'm aware of thus far. From my experience therapy is just as dangerous as it's made out to be, I had to tip toe around the subject and could tell they were assessing whether or not to let me walk out from that session.

It's awful that people think shutting down suicidal conversations is ethical, let alone tolerable. THAT is what makes people feel alone and hopeless.

Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
People in my life have either told me that I should kill myself or have tried to convince me that one day life will magically become rainbows, puppies and sunshine. I don't get it. There's so much fucking cognitive dissonance in the back of my head because everything I've heard is so black and white.

lack

lack

im sorry for what i said
Sep 14, 2023
People in my life have either told me that I should kill myself or have tried to convince me that one day life will magically become rainbows, puppies and sunshine. I don't get it. There's so much fucking cognitive dissonance in the back of my head because everything I've heard is so black and white.
i deeply relate to this experience. im sorry that's the case (for us both, and likely many others here too)

halleyscomet

halleyscomet

halley
Mar 26, 2024
To be honest I just talk about it freely in my day to day life. I'm autistic and something I really struggle with is oversharing, I spout out pretty much everything that comes to mind and I can't really control it very much. I don't care for social rules much anyways.

I feel guilty for burdening people with my suicidal ideation, however I do the same in return. I think as a society we should shoulder these burdens together instead of individuals suffering alone, but alas most humans are selfish and wouldn't agree.

At the end of the day, the more we talk about it the more accepted it will be. If you're willing to talk about it openly you absolutely should! The more we talk about it, the more the public will understand and more support will be put in place.

shweepwomp

shweepwomp

a firearm to my mouth would b cute >///<
Apr 19, 2024
ppl r here, u can talk to ppl here if u'd like, avg ppl (as aforementioned in a diff comment) can barely grasp wht its like to b us, they just dont know what to say soo they shut us down as talking about taboo things n js invalidate us.. hope this doesn't happen anymore but its sad its js does..

Reactions: RawPremadePizza
M

metasticmind

May 4, 2024
To be honest I just talk about it freely in my day to day life. I'm autistic and something I really struggle with is oversharing, I spout out pretty much everything that comes to mind and I can't really control it very much. I don't care for social rules much anyways.

I feel guilty for burdening people with my suicidal ideation, however I do the same in return. I think as a society we should shoulder these burdens together instead of individuals suffering alone, but alas most humans are selfish and wouldn't agree.

At the end of the day, the more we talk about it the more accepted it will be. If you're willing to talk about it openly you absolutely should! The more we talk about it, the more the public will understand and more support will be put in place.
i think the problem is just that i'm not just talking about it once. i've had one-off conversations with my friends about it, but the issue is that i'm still fucking depressed and i still want to kill myself. i can't be left alone and they can't spend all their time on me. those who try just get hurt and leave, which i fully understand. but it just puts me in this situation where i'm killing myself everyday inside and i can't talk to anyone about it

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
People here mostly. I don't think a normal person could ever understand depression and suicidal thoughts.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Most pople have no understanding of suicide, so even if they are well meaning they may not be much help. You need to talk to someone who does have relevant experience. That includes most people here, of course. Many psychiatrists understand too, but psychistrists don't like dealing with suicidal patients, because it's a no-win situation for them. If they don't throw you in a psych ward and you ctb, they can get sued by your relatives. If they do throw you in a psych word, they will lose your trust forever and you will become a "difficult patient", i.e. hard work for them. You could try reaching out to someone you can trust, who is likely to have some relevant experience, but who is not close to you. I'm no fan of religion, but some ministers of religion have the requisite skills. Some would bullshit you with "life is sacred" stuff, but not all of them are like that. Some are humane and not so blinkered.

Reactions: halleyscomet
T

TheUnkn0wn

Jul 2, 2021
Honestly this platform helps quite a bit. I don't post often but lurk around many threads.

I've tried talking to family/friends which overtime resulted in my social base drastically decreasing. Therapy may help some, but I found I was paying for sessions just to be told common sense stuff..almost like I was being taken advantage of because I was vulnerable.

I can relate to many users on this forum and am amazed each time a question is asked that I've thought about many times. Despite our lives each being different, we all suffer similarly

Alltheywanted

Alltheywanted

I'll just lay here and die
Mar 6, 2023
My therapist is a sweet person who I can talk to about everything. But it was when I still wanted to recover. Now I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to tell her about my plans, so there is no way I'm gonna risk it.

selfcheckout

selfcheckout

Apr 17, 2024
I recently told three very close friends that I've been struggling for the last few years and that I've had multiple recent suicide attempts. Initially they offered emotional support, but none of them has reached out to me in about a month. It seems so strange to me -- a close friend tells you they've tried to end their life and you just... stop talking to them?

On the other hand it's probably better not having them reach out. I'm finalizing (what I hope is) a foolproof plan. I would worry that if we talked regularly, they'd pick up on the signs and take steps to intervene.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nyx𓂀