Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
I was 8 years old then and I remember that I wasn't at school because I was sick, so I was on the couch watching some random crap on tv, until the news came on about it. I remember thinking about how fucked up it was when I realized that people were jumping out of the burning buildings. I didn't quite realize how bad it was going to get right then, but I know it was pretty scary to see it happening.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager and Oyoy
H

HopeDiesLast

self-banned
Dec 28, 2019
I was staying at a friend's house and we were watching it unfold on TV. We were debating if we should wake up her dad who was asleep after working midnight shift as a cop. He'd always had a strict rule to NEVER INTERRUPT HIS SLEEP "unless someone was bleeding profusely or the house was on fire". We decided to err on the side of caution and let him sleep.

Well, when he got up several hours later he was PISSED because we didn't wake him up. Oops.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ame, Oyoy, Lost in a Dream and 1 other person
Quinlor

Quinlor

The stranger
Feb 21, 2019
In a class room. I that time I was doing a preparatory course for entrance exam and I remember a colleague mine rise the hands and ask if this events (9/11/2001) would be in the exam... So stupid kkkk:ahhha:

R

Ready2020

Broken, exhausted and invisible
Mar 14, 2020
I was in a company meeting when it started pinging up on our phones. I always remember first UK news report was a light aircraft..... That was bad enough.... As the news became clearer we found a tv and just watched in horror

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager and Oyoy
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I had just written an article for the website I ran back then, and the topic was the probability of nuclear war. One of the scenarios I put forward was that terrorists would detonate a nuclear bomb in Washington D.C. and that the crippled US government would retaliate blindly on countries in the Middle East. I was told to put on the TV and the first thing I saw was smoke rising from a skyscraper and the headline "Attack on America". It scared the living hell out of me.

With all due respect, I think American disasters need to be put into perspective. The attack on WTC was absolutely a terrible tragedy, but let's not forget that five times as many people died in the earthquake in Gujarat the same year. Whenever there's a mass shooting in the USA, it's a tragedy, but let's not forget that the same day, there might very well be worse mass killings in Iraq and Afghanistan. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Time, Epsilon0 and Oyoy
Ko9

Ko9

Student
Jun 30, 2019
No clue but I would guess: in a plastic kid chair eating raw butter.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lethe and Oyoy
NoCoast

NoCoast

disappear here
Oct 9, 2019
I was 11 & getting ready for school. My dad had the tv on so we watched the second plane hit before I had to leave for school. All we did in every class that day was watch the news.

• Hugs
Reactions: Oyoy
Shinbu

Shinbu

Shiki
Nov 23, 2019
Idk. I was a one year old when that happened. Pretty much impossible to remember anything of what I was doing.

• Love
A

aukguy

Student
Mar 3, 2020
I was at work in London, just getting back from a late lunch when saw people huddled around screens. Slowly dawned that something was happening - just as the web started to grind to a halt. The old blocky BBC site soon reverted to plain text only. Those were the days when a 4Mb connection was cutting edge.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Ame, Sensei and Oyoy
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
First period, freshman year of high school. An office aide opened the door and told my History teacher to turn on the TV and then left. Clueless, she turned it on and the needless to say, the rest of the day was spent watching the TV at school and then later at home until it was time to go to bed.

• Hugs
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I was just getting ready for work.
I spent most of that day at my work computer following updates with a group of people in the PS2 section of a video game forum I posted on at the time. It was all anyone could talk about. It's funny how specifically I can remember all that, but it was pretty surreal.

• Hugs
T

Thanatos

Outsider
Mar 23, 2018
Watching cartoons, didnt know it even happened until I was a little older

Lethe

Lethe

Fey
Sep 19, 2019
I was in first grade at the time, I think I may have been home sick so I wasn't aware of it until later. I was too young to recognize why it was such a big deal, as I thought events like that happened regularly when I was a kid.

• Hugs
nirvana133

nirvana133

Oct 14, 2019
I was in 1st grade, in northern NJ. I remember everyone in my class having their parents pick them up early. it was a crazy day for sure, but it was hard to compute at the time.

• Hugs
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
During that time, I was in class in middle school and the TV was turned on broadcasting the event soon after it happened. I remembered there was an evening event that same week similar to like a get together for families and kids but it was cancelled as a result of 9/11.

• Hugs
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I was only about 7 in primary school. I don't remember it at all nobody around me discussed it or told me about it and I didn't really find out about it until years later through Youtube of all places! It was quite shocking.

• Hugs
F

faraway_beach

Seawater and stardust
Dec 30, 2019
Paper from the towers was blowing through our street in Brooklyn. I looked out the window and saw people picking them up, but I didn't go out. My father said, "We're under attack."

• Love
Reactions: Grey-zone and Oyoy
Grey-zone

Grey-zone

Student
Feb 2, 2019
I'd been thinking about this recently... I was 10, almost 11. My parents went to their jobs early in the morning, so I didn't find out until I walked to school and all the kids were excitedly talking about planes, an attack, the atomic bomb, etc... The teacher trotted out the tv we had in class and we watched. In those first hours none of us had any idea what was going on or who was doing it--very strange, and I felt a surge of patriotic shock and anger afterward (I was a child then!). I don't remember the first time seeing the images, they're so iconic by now that it kind of fades--but I remember the place (my classroom, the tv), and that the weather that day was beautiful.

• Hugs
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
i remember saw it in a pub's TV when i was child. more people than the usual was seeing TV.
that caught my attention

• Hugs
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Six yo watching the news with my dad and stepmom
Didn't find it horrifying but very thrilling tbh

• Hugs
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Tower 2. 85th Floor.

• Love
Reactions: Rdc, Grey-zone, TheSoulless and 1 other person
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
In utero.

• Love
Reactions: Oyoy and Ame
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Wizard
May 14, 2018
I was sneaking in a nap because the cunt I lived with believed sleeping = laziness. She ran in and told me.

• Hugs