light.house.71

light.house.71

Feb 18, 2023
I'm very fortunate to be working with a therapist right now who has been able to teach me some ways of helping myself. But I'm also in desperate need of trauma focused therapy. I was given the names of three providers. I went to their web sites one by one, all of them with a sympathetic looking doctor asking you to simply submit your contact information and await their reply. But in each case there was no reply. Do these idiots have any idea what it's like, when you're already feeling anxious and depressed, to reach out to someone who has promised help only to be ignored? If the medical profession is looking for a way to increase the suicide rate look no further. I had a similar experience when I emailed a woman who supposedly helps match up depressed and bipolar adults with support groups in Northern Virginia. She replied to my email and asked that I call her. Yes - you guessed it - I got her voicemail and she never called back. I'm willing to give this one more shot. But if I'm ignored it might be worth a visit to the mental health practitioner's office to give them the opportunity to star in a short video perfect for sharing on TikTok and YouTube.

• Hugs
Reactions: frogboi, cgrtt.brns, Brokensaddle and 4 others
unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
Yes they do. I mentioned this before. Not only them but also case workers, who're supposed work with the disabled.
istop trying to reach out, they don't care long term. It's a job to them, if they got cut off from their pay they'd be out like a fire.

Reactions: jaxxon_sunn
ferret-in-a-sock

ferret-in-a-sock

Jan 25, 2023
Sometimes there's long wait lists or a backlog of people seeking help, but I feel your pain. I got dumped by my therapist who knew when her end date was, but rather than start our referral process sooner...she waits until last minute and so now I'm on a waitlist.

Which sucks because she knows full well I showed some signs of active ideation, but I have a feeling she left it out of her report before she left.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
You just cannot rely on other people in this cruel world, it's just the unfortunate reality of existing here.

Reactions: sadshrike and jaxxon_sunn
J

just_so_done

Experienced
Apr 16, 2023
I'm so sorry you had to go through that. It's fucking ridiculous that society is so pro-life yet when we try and access help we're met with door after door. The whole system is broken and no one cares, leaving us, the ones who struggle the most feeling alone and neglected. I can't tell you how many times i've emailed therapists, studies, treatment options and no response. Why should i try to fight to live when there's no support and really all I want to do is stop the pain. @light.house.71 I think its amazing you were able to reach out in the first place and so glad to hear you have a therapist who has been helpful. I hope you hear back from one of those trauma therapists otherwise i look forward to seeing that tiktok!

• Love
Reactions: sadshrike and light.house.71