F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I got a beautician license, dental assistant training, and I'd rather not say what I do lol! I was not cut out for a career at all. Or if I was my personal problems destroyed it somehow.

Reactions: azucaramargo, FTL.Wanderer, Redt2go and 2 others
locusdelicti

locusdelicti

Jan 6, 2019
B.A. English Literature
J.D. (Law degree here in the States)

Reactions: WearyWanderer, azucaramargo, Kyrok and 1 other person
J

jackass

Feb 26, 2019
None and not even qualified to be euthanized.

Reactions: Vaughn
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
Studying for a B.E. in Computer Science at a pretty reputable institute, on the back of a good showing in one exam - the only one I've ever done really well in. The rest of my life has been severely below expectations.

• Hmph!
Reactions: forever21, azucaramargo and Redt2go
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
I have a Masters in software engineering and a Bachelors in Computer science, but I suck at both fields.
Why do I doubt that so much? I mean, I doubt that you suck in your fields of expertise. It's always you humble kids who are the most brilliant. Jeez!
Studying for a B.E. in Computer Science at a pretty reputable institute, on the back of a good showing in one exam - the only one I've ever done really well in. The rest of my life has been severely below expectations.
RM5998, you are very bright and accomplished.

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
RM5998, you are very bright and accomplished.
*My overwhelming narcissism wanting to reveal my qualifications that mean nothing but I won't because they're very specific and self identifying*
View attachment 7056
I love this photo.

J

Janebb

Nov 11, 2019
MEng in Aeronautical Engineering (completed)
PhD in Aeronautical Engineering (in progress)

After my PhD i can kill myself...
I do that too. I want to wrap my ctb in a beautiful package with a bow on top. Everything in order and helpful for the family. It gives a sense of purpose and order to the chaos

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
My life is a strange tale, but I started off wanting to be a geography professor. I don't have many talents but I'm one of those people who can tell you the capital of South Sudan without looking it up. Sadly I caved to anxiety and dropped out of university. Then I became interested in web development because it allowed me to be reclusive. I taught myself how to code and program, and launched several business-oriented websites. Many failed, but one succeeded, got quite big, and made me a decent monthly income. Eventually I sold it (bad move) and was back at square one. I then decided I had to do something low-key and practical, so went to study bookkeeping/accounting, but again bailed on my studies due to anxiety. Finally I drove for Uber for a while until dealing with people got to be too much. And now here we are.
AFFU, you're so accomplished! I had no idea! I appreciate your choice of words (i.e., caving to anxiety) -- it helps me frame my own situation a bit better. I admire the detached, humorous, succinct way in which you relay your journey; it helps me. You're clearly talented. By the way, I wonder if you'd like the geography quizzes on Sporcle.com/. They help me feel good about myself.
I do that too. I want to wrap my ctb in a beautiful package with a bow on top. Everything in order and helpful for the family. It gives a sense of purpose and order to the chaos
You do aeronautical engineering?

Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up
J

Janebb

Nov 11, 2019
AFFU, you're so accomplished! I had no idea! I appreciate your choice of words (i.e., caving to anxiety) -- it helps me frame my own situation a bit better. I admire the detached, humorous, succinct way in which you relay your journey; it helps me. You're clearly talented. By the way, I wonder if you'd like the geography quizzes on Sporcle.com/. They help me feel good about myself.

You do aeronautical engineering?
Designer

J

Janebb

Nov 11, 2019
COOLIO!!!!!!!!! And, you're a woman? So cool!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, but a woman who is about to lose her job because of a manic turned deep depressive episode. If I had a job that I could work from home I tell myself I might be able to handle it. But I am responsible for all our companies presentations. How the F can I muster up enough of that energy to fake it? I have pushed for 2 years, but I finally broke :(

Lilanel

Lilanel

Jul 16, 2019
B.A., English, with a minor in biology.
J.D. (law degree)

I have delusional hopes for getting a degree in medicine, but I doubt that's going to happen.

Reactions: forever21 and WearyWanderer
Lethe

Lethe

Fey
Sep 19, 2019
Bachelors in Biology, also an Associates(?) in liberal arts.

I'd like to go back for my master's and do research in microbiology, but my poor mental health the past few years made my GPA dip below 3.0.

WearyWanderer

WearyWanderer

Student
Nov 3, 2019
B.A. in English with a Writing focus
Actually worked a job for only one year (while still in college)
Now I'm too physically disabled to work but probably won't qualify for SSI. If I do somehow get it, it wouldn't be for another 1 1/2- 2 years, which is too late.

BrokenAngel8

BrokenAngel8

I'm so lonely, broken angel
Nov 7, 2019
B.A in Chinese Literature, near zero fluency. That shit scares me to death, it was magic I can graduate with full scholarship and decent GPA lol.

Other than that, I'm a professional half-assed learner. I learned
-vocal, but not really
-MUA, but not really
-acting, but not really
-sculpting, but not really.
I want to study programming as well, take bootcamp or some sort but that thing is a luxury for me right now and I might had another crippling depression midway so... not really.

Oh, I can write things as well! ...but not really.
(Do we have haha-react here? Tell me I was funny. Please.)

• Hugs
Reactions: WearyWanderer, woxihuanni and azucaramargo
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
I'll keep it secret because its identifying. But we can all agree that academics sucks

N

namelessX8

Student
Feb 22, 2019

Oh... you work in academia or the aerospace industry? My motivation levels are infinitestimally close to zero. I do not care about leaving a beautiful legacy, but I do not want to dissapoint my supervisor or my mom. I should finish my research at least for their sake. We all die anyway, and suicide solves all problems.

WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Antinatalism + Efilism ❤️
Nov 4, 2019
Graduated with an AS on Library Science this year and now getting a BA in Anthropology

GreyMagic

GreyMagic

The more you care, the more you have to lose.
Feb 21, 2019
Two masters degrees. One in psychology the other in play therapy.

notjustyetagain

notjustyetagain

Oct 28, 2019
i've got a fuck-all in high-school dropout

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Oh so very qualified, no need for details. And screw anyone who acts like this is why I should still alive and be of service. Fuck you so much. I could roll up my degrees and shove them up their ass.

Reactions: BrokenAngel8
MelancholyPie

MelancholyPie

Nov 29, 2019
Completed High School. Our classroom was decided by our grades and I somehow made it to the top 2 out of 7 during my first two years. The third and final year was hell for me, since mental illness started acting up.

I somehow got my High School degree and passed the vestibular (a national admission test we have in my country) and enrolled at one of the country's most prestigious univerisities... Only to find out I'm fucking dumb. I got the worst grades out of everyone who started studying the same time as me and that was when I started giving up life.

Anyway, technically I've got a bachelor's degree in Materials Science and Engineering in progress.

Last edited:
Reactions: enigmática saudade