Status
Not open for further replies.
Jezzibell

Jezzibell

On my way out. Yayyyyy
Apr 21, 2023
They are menacing the goodbye threads. All new joiners. I think there should be a minimum number of contributions before someone can comment or dm. 100 posts

• Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, SoftWorries, Chronicoverwhelm and 3 others
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Pls rport thm

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, CentreMid, GasMonkey and 1 other person
PurpleParadigm

PurpleParadigm

The glow is an illusion
Mar 22, 2023
What's with the militant anti-natalist and suicide fetish trolls today?

It's a bit of a trend where they post a bunch of dumbass child suicide threads several days in a row that get deleted by mods, but not before a bunch of pro-lifers swoop in because that's exactly the kind of excuse/ammo they need.

Look, my suicide is not your politics.

• Hmph!
Reactions: OceanBlue, not-2-b-the-answer, nozomu and 8 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think that especially recently there has been lots of non suicidal people, pro-lifers, trolls and just insensitive people on here. And annoying toxic positivity as well, I often come across a comment like that. Sadly this is just the nature of the internet and I don't care about what any of those types of people say, the drivel they write doesn't interest me, it's nonsense, they are just bored people looking for attention.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, leavingsoon99, disabledlife and 5 others
-nox

-nox

King Scar
Feb 2, 2023
People like that really piss me off, Like its none of their business what you and others do to your body like? And most of them dont know what its like to be nothing

• Love
Reactions: silent star, not-2-b-the-answer, CentreMid and 1 other person
PurpleParadigm

PurpleParadigm

The glow is an illusion
Mar 22, 2023
I think that especially recently there has been lots of non suicidal people, pro-lifers, trolls and just insensitive people on here. And annoying toxic positivity as well, I often come across a comment like that. Sadly this is just the nature of the internet and I don't care about what any of those types of people say, the drivel they write doesn't interest me, it's nonsense, they are just bored people looking for attention.
Says a bored, insensitive, toxic, non-sucidal person with over 22000 posts.

There are parents here who are suicidal because they lost their children, those of us who struggled to build a life to provide for their loved ones but are seeing it collapse around them due to mental decline caused by untreated mental illness, those of us who suffered illness, rape, violence. Sometimes, we are simply worried for others injuring themselves in their attempt to stop suffering.

All of us are just playthings to you, aren't we? We are just tools to validate your political and ideological beliefs. That's why you can spend days making hundreds of posts advocating for child suicide, invalidate feeling of those of us who struggle by calling it illogical, foolish and nonsense, that's why you don't care one bit that your behaviour has already put this community in danger because pro-lifers just use your account as an excuse to attack SaSu.

From the bottom of my heart - You are a monster, and should be ashamed.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Valky, floaxed, Deleted member 31858 and 11 others
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
Opinions are like assholes - everyone has one. This is my life - not anyone else's. It's my decision whether I will ctb or not. I've lived long enough to know what I want and ton't want. The peo[le who are on here pushing life instead are on the wrong site. It's my life not yours. I ignore them - not getting my undies in a wad over them.

• Yay!
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Rumi

Rumi

Experienced
Mar 29, 2023
What's with the militant anti-natalist and suicide fetish trolls today?

It's a bit of a trend where they post a bunch of dumbass child suicide threads several days in a row that get deleted by mods, but not before a bunch of pro-lifers swoop in because that's exactly the kind of excuse/ammo they need.

Look, my suicide is not your politics.
Both kinds of posters are mostly glowies.

Reactions: Message In A Bottle, TapeMachine, The Final Solution and 1 other person
T

Tuurngait

May 4, 2023

There are parents here who are suicidal because they lost their children, those of us who struggled to build a life to provide for their loved ones but are seeing it collapse around them due to mental decline caused by untreated mental illness, those of us who suffered illness, rape, violence. Sometimes, we are simply worried for others injuring themselves in their attempt to stop suffering.

All of us are just playthings to you, aren't we? We are just tools to validate your political and ideological beliefs. That's why you can spend days making hundreds of posts advocating for child suicide, invalidate feeling of those of us who struggle by calling it illogical, foolish and nonsense, that's why you don't care one bit that your behaviour has already put this community in danger because pro-lifers just use your account as an excuse to attack SaSu.

Agree entirely.

SaSu doesn't need to be what Tantacrul made it out to be - a suicide forum encouraging everyone to end their lives, because it is taboo to say otherwise. That isn't what I've seen on here. I've seen people supporting eachother, getting their thoughts out, saying how they feel and everyone on here can relate to it. That is the beauty of this forum. Everyone here can relate to the weird and horrible feeling that we have inside of us; a feeling that most people simply do not have. I've never met anyone in real life who can relate to the feeling I had and still have, yet here, I see everyone seems to have it. That in itself is comforting.

Yet, the posts that seem to encourage suicide for all without thinking of the person behind it are inherently toxic.
I haven't seen anyone going onto threads of people killing themselves and saying "WAIT - don't do that!" Because we all know how horrible that is, but, there should be absolutely nothing wrong with saying words of encouragement to individuals that are feeling shit or have had something shit happen and now feel like 'CTBing.' Posts from individuals such as FC seem to perpetrate that supporting people like that is wrong, and that toxic idea gives ammunition for people to attack SaSu.

• Love
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Valky, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, OceanBlue and 9 others
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
So this person is real, I really thought this was a AI 🤔

I thought it was a bot. It mostly writes generic phrases that are unrelated to the OP's comment.

Can someone confirm/deny this? @Dot

• Hmph!
Reactions: OceanBlue, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Tuurngait and 1 other person
Jezzibell

Jezzibell

On my way out. Yayyyyy
Apr 21, 2023

Omg. What have I just read? The person you are lambasting is one of the most logical, balanced and empathetic people I've ever met. Every post is considered and neutral.

I'm also not aware that their is a maximum number of posts you can make and then you have to ctb.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: ghost44, OceanBlue, Deleted member 31858 and 2 others
T

Tuurngait

May 4, 2023
Omg. What have I just read? The person you are lambasting is one of the most logical, balanced and empathetic people I've ever met. Every post is considered and neutral.

I'm also not aware that their is a maximum number of posts you can make and then you have to ctb.
Balanced, neutral? Surely you jest?

• Hmph!
  • Yay!
Reactions: Little_Suzy, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, OceanBlue and 1 other person
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Am slf honstly b-ing taggd in ordr 2 join in gangng up on anothr membr

D/ ppl rlly thnk tht mods allw bot accnts on th/ frum

If u d/ nt lke othr membrs wh/ r nt viol8tng th/ rules thn th/ ignre buttn = ur frnd --- if thy r viol8tng rules thn rport thm

= nt complc8td

• Love
Reactions: Salvation_, not-2-b-the-answer, cgrtt.brns and 6 others
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Am slf honstly b-ing taggd in ordr 2 join in gangng up on anothr membr

D/ ppl rlly thnk tht mods allw bot accnts on th/ frum

If u d/ nt lke othr membrs wh/ r nt viol8tng th/ rules thn th/ ignre buttn = ur frnd --- if thy r viol8tng rules thn rport thm

= nt complc8td

Thank you for responding, Dot.

I inquired openly since other members had the same question. Some of us are new who are unfamiliar with the member. Sorry for troubling you, but you've satisfied our curiosity. Have a good day! :heart:

• Hmph!
Reactions: OceanBlue, Vizzy and Jezzibell
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Just in case anyone was in doubt … I'm definitely not a bot, they're smarter and more logical then me. (and that was intended as a wee weak joke to try to lighten the thread).

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, not-2-b-the-answer, Tuurngait and 3 others
CentreMid

CentreMid

Sorry
Aug 23, 2018
They are menacing the goodbye threads. All new joiners. I think there should be a minimum number of contributions before someone can comment or dm. 100 posts

With the increased awareness of the site, there's bound to be an increase in trolls. It's unfortunate that it's happening, but the best thing we can do is report and ignore them.

Let me ask you, will name calling one of our own really solve anything? Calling FC names is pretty insensitive too, no? Also, I don't think they're completely insensitive. They've been very empathetic to both myself and other users here.

I think there's a fine line between empathy and positivity that is better suited for the recovery section, and some newer members may not realize there's a place for that kind of advice, so it's good to tell them where to give it. I can see why sometimes FC can come across as harsh when telling new people where to post their positivity, hell, even I found them a tad cold when I came back to the forum, but I honestly don't think they're doing anything wrong and that they're just trying to help keep the suicide section on topic.

• Love
Reactions: Jezzibell, pthnrdnojvsc, Deleted member 31858 and 6 others
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022

The only people who use us as play things here are pro lifers. I would suggest you direct your anger at the actual enemy instead of one of our own.

Post count also has nothing to do with it. Suicide is an extremely hard thing to accomplish, so many of us here will be on this site for years before doing it. And a lot of us are so depressed with life, that we cannot even function outside in the world so we spend our time here, hence the big post count.

There is ultimately a fine line between empathy and positivity. The positivity does belong in the recovery section. That is for people whom are trying to recover or whom are open to the idea of recovering. The suicide discussion section, especially the good bye threads are for those that are sure that their life cannot or won't get better, and just need a place to vent or post their good bye threads.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, disabledlife, SexyIncél and 1 other person
T

Tuurngait

May 4, 2023
The only people who use us as play things here are pro lifers. I would suggest you direct your anger at the actual enemy instead of one of our own.

Post count also has nothing to do with it. Suicide is an extremely hard thing to accomplish, so many of us here will be on this site for years before doing it. And a lot of us are so depressed with life, that we cannot even function outside in the world so we spend our time here, hence the big post count.

There is ultimately a fine line between empathy and positivity. The positivity does belong in the recovery section. That is for people whom are trying to recover or whom are open to the idea of recovering. The suicide discussion section, especially the good bye threads are for those that are sure that their life cannot or won't get better, and just need a place to vent or post their good bye threads.
"One of our own," and "enemy," I know what you mean by it, but it does sound weird.

Suicide is hard to accomplish, but with the abundance of SN (pre the police and arrest), I think it is fair to question why someone who consistently preaches death and encourages people to embrace death themselves is still about.

• Love
Reactions: TapeMachine, PurpleParadigm, Unwr!tten and 2 others
Aisley

Aisley

Wizard
Mar 12, 2023
Just in case anyone was in doubt … I'm definitely not a bot, they're smarter and more logical then me. (and that was intended as a wee weak joke to try to lighten the thread).
Something a bot would say : /

• Yay!
Reactions: SVEN and Tuurngait
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
"One of our own," and "enemy," I know what you mean by it, but it does sound weird.

Suicide is hard to accomplish, but with the abundance of SN (pre the police and arrest), I think it is fair to question why someone who consistently preaches death and encourages people to embrace death themselves is still about.
They don't like living or existing and are just projecting. They used to say in absolutes that life is terrible, but they have gotten a bit better about that and will occasionally phrase it as their opinion. They also do post on various threads expressing empathy. More so they are autistic so they have a different way of communicating their feelings than one would be used to.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and CentreMid
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022

FC's views are 100% appropriate and belong here. In the suicide forum. The one forum in the world where we're free to discuss these perspectives

The suicide forum is the reverse of other places. Pro-lifers are the trolls. They call cops to steal SaSu members' kids -- after they notoriously drive their own unloved children to suicide. They're creeps

No, in NormieLand, killing children is a-ok -- if you get a politician to do it. Bomb them, make 'em drink lead, whatevs. Only when they don't like your opinions, they make you drink the SN for "corrupting the youth"

FC doesn't put sasu in danger. That threat analysis is flawed. If she did, she'd have wrecked sasu long ago. If anything, her impact's on the Overton window

Many come here to finally talk about such things censored elsewhere. Without getting locked up by the psych cops. FC's the test of that

Last edited:
Reactions: Jezzibell, Aisley, Suicidе and 4 others
PurpleParadigm

PurpleParadigm

The glow is an illusion
Mar 22, 2023
Here come the orbiters... I will reply to both @CentreMid and @CantDoItAnymore

First off, while I understand the sentiment of helping new members navigate the forum, nowhere does it say that "positivity" is not allowed in the suicide discussion. In addition to that, since when does FC run the forum? The rules are defined by the staff, and enforced accordingly. If you don't think someone belongs in a certain area of the forum then report it to the staff and let them decide. If FC, or anyone for that matter, seeks to curate the content of a particular board with help of a clique of followers they are massively overstepping.

Secondly, but arguably more importantly, this is an attempt to reframe my initial sentiment around "positivity". The posts that are labeled as such by FC et al have absolutely nothing to do with "positivity" as such but rather due diligence and safety. In fact being concerned with a users wellbeing even in their attempt to find ways to end their life is in line with the following rule in the DO NOT section of the rules:

If a user is attempting to use a dangerous, or excessively cruel method to CTB it is against the rules to push them towards it anyway. When there is danger, I say there is danger.

Lets continue with the rules. No one on here deserves to be made to feel unsafe, pushed into the outgroup or called out. My complaint to, and about FC was a response to them repeatedly advocating suicide of minors which contravenes the following rule:

1684103278324 Upon discussing this with staff, I was told discussions would take place to decide whether threads advocating suicide of minors should be allowed. Judging by the deletion of the recent wave of such threads I take it as they are not allowed.

Another reason was repeatedly calling out users who do not share in their extremely narrow and militant antinatalist worldview. As I have explained in the above posts, there are those of us who have reasons to hang on, but not the strength to cope with the things causing us to want to CTB. Read:
There are parents here who are suicidal because they lost their children, those of us who struggled to build a life to provide for their loved ones but are seeing it collapse around them due to mental decline caused by untreated mental illness, those of us who suffered illness, rape, violence.
I don't want to have to validate to anyone that my reasons to CTB are valid, and I belong to this forum section. There should be no need for me to prove that I am not in recovery. Furthermore, even if I find meaning in existence and would perhaps not consider suicide if I wasn't physically disabled, if decades of untreated depression didn't start to cause dementia-like symptoms, if the ADHD that went undiagnosed well into my maturity didn't start making it impossible to work, I realise that I need to prepare for a way out, because in the worst case I need to go on my own terms and let my loved ones live off the life insurance. Do I like things about existence? Yes. Do I have reasons to live? Well I'm an anchor to my family, without me parents would straight up die/get killed and my partner's life would get blown up completely. Am I proud of what I have achieved? Sure. Does this excuse someone like FC, who has yet to demonstrate any convincing evidence they aren't here purely on idealogical or political grounds, to call me irrational and my behaviour nonsensical? Hell no. I deserve to be here just like anyone else. In contrast, an activist probably belongs in the off-topic section or recovery. Which brings me to the following rules:

And while I did call out the user instead of contacting the mods, I hope they can understand that this is a result of being deeply concerned by militant, self righteous behaviour that goes completely against everything this site stands for. I see that these attitudes are causing harm, and a real danger of SaSu being taken offline. This is not just a place where people can learn how to die, but one of the few places where suicidal ideation, and suicidal episodes can be discussed freely with no stigma or judgement. We aren't here to entertain or validate some political types who want to enforce their rigid views on a community that is not meant to ruled by them or toyed with by them.

FC doesn't put sasu in danger. That threat analysis is flawed. If she did, she'd have wrecked sasu long ago.
How? The cult of personality around this user is astonishing.

I do threat analysis for a living. A user who is blatantly disregarding rules, bringing up dangerous topics, who sabotages rules with the aim to enforce their own and whose behaviour has been repeatedly exploited by the opponents of this forum to bring harm to it is a risk as well as a threat in every definition of the word.

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
  • Informative
Reactions: Valky, TapeMachine, Tuurngait and 3 others
CentreMid

CentreMid

Sorry
Aug 23, 2018
Here come the orbiters... I will reply to both @CentreMid and @CantDoItAnymore

First off, while I understand the sentiment of helping new members navigate the forum, nowhere does it say that "positivity" is not allowed in the suicide discussion. In addition to that, since when does FC run the forum? The rules are defined by the staff, and enforced accordingly. If you don't think someone belongs in a certain area of the forum then report it to the staff and let them decide. If FC, or anyone for that matter, seeks to curate the content of a particular board with help of a clique of followers they are massively overstepping.

Secondly, but arguably more importantly, this is an attempt to reframe my initial sentiment around "positivity". The posts that are labeled as such by FC et al have absolutely nothing to do with "positivity" as such but rather due diligence and safety. In fact being concerned with a users wellbeing even in their attempt to find ways to end their life is in line with the following rule in the DO NOT section of the rules:

View attachment 111204

If a user is attempting to use a dangerous, or excessively cruel method to CTB it is against the rules to push them towards it anyway. When there is danger, I say there is danger.

Lets continue with the rules. No one on here deserves to be made to feel unsafe, pushed into the outgroup or called out. My complaint to, and about FC was a response to them repeatedly advocating suicide of minors which contravenes the following rule:

View attachment 111205Upon discussing this with staff, I was told discussions would take place to decide whether threads advocating suicide of minors should be allowed. Judging by the deletion of the recent wave of such threads I take it as they are not allowed.

Another reason was repeatedly calling out users who do not share in their extremely narrow and militant antinatalist worldview. As I have explained in the above posts, there are those of us who have reasons to hang on, but not the strength to cope with the things causing us to want to CTB. Read:

I don't want to have to validate to anyone that my reasons to CTB are valid, and I belong to this forum section. There should be no need for me to prove that I am not in recovery. Furthermore, even if I find meaning in existence and would perhaps not consider suicide if I wasn't physically disabled, if decades of untreated depression didn't start to cause dementia-like symptoms, if the ADHD that went undiagnosed well into my maturity didn't start making it impossible to work, I realise that I need to prepare for a way out, because in the worst case I need to go on my own terms and let my loved ones live off the life insurance. Do I like things about existence? Yes. Do I have reasons to live? Well I'm an anchor to my family, without me parents would straight up die/get killed and my partner's life would get blown up completely. Am I proud of what I have achieved? Sure. Does this excuse someone like FC, who has yet to demonstrate any convincing evidence they aren't here purely on idealogical or political grounds, to call me irrational and my behaviour nonsensical? Hell no. I deserve to be here just like anyone else. In contrast, an activist probably belongs in the off-topic section or recovery. Which brings me to the following rules:

View attachment 111207
View attachment 111208

And while I did call out the user instead of contacting the mods, I hope they can understand that this is a result of being deeply concerned by militant, self righteous behaviour that goes completely against everything this site stands for. I see that these attitudes are causing harm, and a real danger of SaSu being taken offline. This is not just a place where people can learn how to die, but one of the few places where suicidal ideation, and suicidal episodes can be discussed freely with no stigma or judgement. We aren't here to entertain or validate some political types who want to enforce their rigid views on a community that is not meant to ruled by them or toyed with by them.

How? The cult of personality around this user is astonishing.

I do threat analysis for a living. A user who is blatantly disregarding rules, bringing up dangerous topics, who sabotages rules with the aim to enforce their own and whose behaviour has been repeatedly exploited by the opponents of this forum to bring harm to it is a risk as well as a threat in every definition of the word.
I'm sure you have some very valid points, and by the length of your post I assume you do have some good arguments, but I'd rather not continue discussing things with people who call me names. Take care.

• Love
Reactions: Hotsackage and SexyIncél
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Speaking as an older member, the broader issue we need to be aware of is internal division. There are certain topics which are inherently incendiary to the community. We need to be mindful of them. Examples:

* Overburdened parents in distress vs. childless people who have been traumatised by negligent parenting. The keyword 'natalist' is the grenade to initiate bitter infighting.

* People who are suicidal amidst unbearable emotions and situations vs. people who will mechanically repeat mantras about life being bad. The trigger words to initiate war between these groups might be 'pro-life' (used in this context as a derogatory term for a distressed suicidal person fighting to survive). And yes, there is tremendous overlap between 'Suicide Discussion' and 'Recovery'.

* Old vs. young people with wildly varying views (on average) on life. Various other identity politics issues, e.g. posts with veiled misogynistic content. Transphobic insensitivity with the obligatory claim of 'free-speech' victimhood. Theist vs. atheist. There are various triggers but shouldn't be hard to spot. Not to be confused with respectful dialogue on difficult topics.

Beware of people using 'divide and rule' to feed off these sorts of conflicts to develop a following. Also beware of people whose mental health makes them unable to feel genuine empathy for others. And further to that, beware of well-intentioned discussions and opinions expressed around these hot topics that can easily turn ugly.

Since we are a community, we cannot attack each other without attacking ourselves. We have an important niche, yet many foes on the outside who may well be taking note of our weaknesses.

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: msocks, Tuurngait, Shivali and 10 others
L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
I've noticed a lot of life-warriors on here in the past few days. It's off-putting and obnoxious. There's an entire leg of the site where they can go and have their own space. Yet, they come on here with their pro-life nonsense. I wish there was a way to stop that.

Reactions: ghost44, Jezzibell, pthnrdnojvsc and 6 others
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
I've noticed a lot of life-warriors on here in the past few days. It's off-putting and obnoxious. There's an entire leg of the site where they can go and have their own space. Yet, they come on here with their pro-life nonsense. I wish there was a way to stop that.
Sadly, they just want to save lives to feel better about themselves, not taking into account that the very same people they try to "save" are just going to keep suffering.

• Aww..
Reactions: Hotsackage, not-2-b-the-answer, Suicidе and 2 others
Status
Not open for further replies.