• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

Dark-Knight

Student
Feb 18, 2023
I know you have to use distilled water for testing sn but can you use other types of water too, like mineral water or normal water?
I'm talking about the nitrite test strips

Last edited:
L

LostSoul1965

Experienced
Apr 15, 2024
I know you have to use distilled water for testing sn but can you use other types of water too, like mineral water or normal water?
You answered your own question. It has to be distilled (pure) so no contaminates or additives that may skew test results.

D

Dark-Knight

Student
Feb 18, 2023
You answered your own question. It has to be distilled (pure) so no contaminates or additives that may skew test results.
Are there different types of distilled water? I saw it can be used for different purposes. If there are more types of distilled water then which one should I get?

L

LostSoul1965

Experienced
Apr 15, 2024
Are there different types of distilled water? I saw it can be used for different purposes. If there are more types of distilled water then which one should I get?
There is only one type of distilled water and yes it does have many uses. It's cheap too.

D

Dark-Knight

Student
Feb 18, 2023
There is only one type of distilled water and yes it does have many uses. It's cheap too.
I understand. I heard that mineral water can also be used for testing sn but it's a bit more complicated than using distilled water

L

LostSoul1965

Experienced
Apr 15, 2024
Actually you can. I did not know this. It's in the SN Mega Thread. When using mineral water you gotta test the water before SN is added and record your reading. Then add SN and record your reading.Then subtract the difference. I'd just spend a couple of bucks and get distilled lol. Easier.

• Informative
Reactions: QueerMelancholy
BARIZON

BARIZON

BARIZON 1st of His Name
Nov 13, 2020
I doesnt need to be destiled water, just test the water without no SN added and see how it reads, than test with the SN. Mineral water is more than enough for a realiable test.

D

Dark-Knight

Student
Feb 18, 2023
I might get distilled water if it's better for testing, although I could get mineral water as well. I could get both types of water and then decide which one to use for testing. If anyone has opinions on which one would be better you can share them

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
I might get distilled water if it's better for testing, although I could get mineral water as well. I could get both types of water and then decide which one to use for testing. If anyone has opinions on which one would be better you can share them
Why complicate things unnecessarily.

You can easily buy distilled water, for example, in a supermarket or at a gas station.

This is the best option.

Reactions: LostSoul1965
D

Dark-Knight

Student
Feb 18, 2023
Why complicate things unnecessarily.

You can easily buy distilled water, for example, in a supermarket or at a gas station.

This is the best option.
So there aren't different types of distilled water right? That's what confuses me about this

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
So there aren't different types of distilled water right? That's what confuses me about this
Distilled water is distilled water. No worries ;).

Of course, they may vary in quality.
Laboratories, pharmacies and other such places need the cleanest water possible.
For the consumer market, the quality of some distilled waters may be lower.
But for us it doesn't make much difference.

Certainly, any distilled water will be purer than mineral water, so in this case the dilemma is unnecessary ;).

Buy distilled water.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
D

Dark-Knight

Student
Feb 18, 2023
Distilled water is distilled water. No worries ;).

Of course, they may vary in quality.
Laboratories, pharmacies and other such places need the cleanest possible.
For the consumer market, the quality of some distilled waters may be lower.
But for us it doesn't make much difference.

Certainly, any distilled water will be purer than mineral water, so in this case the dilemma is unnecessary ;).

Buy distilled water.
I understand, thank you

Reactions: Agon321