• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

I_am_Lo

I_am_Lo

7th times the charm?
Apr 26, 2024
Hello, I'm not sure if this has been asked before but this is mainly to have a first post, as well as to get to know you all as you get to know me, any anecdotes are welcome, as well as facts or observations! It's mainly a curiosity thing as well as an unknown factor for me, as every attempt I've had I've never backed out of, nor did I have the urge to, I have just been unsuccessful (was frustrating but now I know why, mainly tolerance to things I ingested/properties of my skin from my disability) but I really do want to know what it is that stops people, whether anecdotal or biological, it is just an interesting concept to me and I would like to know more and be more understanding
IMG 1446
Image Description: a quote, white text on a yellow background. The text says "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."

Reactions: iloverachel
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Maybe many people fear the attempt failing or they fear someone will catch them before they actually die so maybe they stop their plans to avoid way worse suffering. I've also read of suicide attempts not going to plan because of the survival instinct separate from logical thought causes the person to back out, I've read of that happening unconsciously when people are in the process of trying to die with methods like drowning and hanging.

I_am_Lo

I_am_Lo

7th times the charm?
Apr 26, 2024
Maybe many people fear the attempt failing or they fear someone will catch them before they actually die so maybe they stop their plans to avoid way worse suffering. I've also read of suicide attempts not going to plan because of the survival instinct separate from logical thought causes the person to back out, I've read of that happening unconsciously when people are in the process of trying to die with methods like drowning and hanging.
That's actually really interesting, things like survival instinct is interesting to me, as the only things that have stopped me from going through with it is being unsuccessful, however, perhaps I haven't been in the position to have those survival instincts? although I suppose survival instincts would stop the ingestion/digestion of certain things? perhaps I need to look into survival instincts on a research level, as everything I know is from AP biology, which isnt as in depth as they claim it to be considering the mass amounts of biology there is to cover, thank you!!! I understand the fears of failing/being helped before successing, though I can only understand on a sympathetic level, as no one has ever found me and the fear of failing (not just in attempts) is one im too familiar with, but not in the sense its ever stopped me, because nobody never noticed I was under the weather or acting strange, however I do understand, again thank you for replying, it's very lovely to meet you and read your reply :D ❤️
Fear, survival instinct, guilt for loved ones.
the guilt for loved ones I remember well, I've experienced it once, when a family member had just been born, and before a family member passed away, I ingested something very impulsively, its the only time I've been to a hospital for an attempt, and its the only one I regret because it was on impulse and it has left
me traumatized, I cant even use the thing anymore without feeling my insides feel a certain way (in a negative sense)

thank you for replying, learning about "normal" people things really helps, not only in practice, but also in empathy and understanding!! ❤️

Last edited:
Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024
No one here is saying hope but hope can stop people, too. With Pandora's pithos, when it was closed, the thing that was trapped in there was hope. It can be a positive or a negative [foolish] hope. Some of us think about doing it, sometimes we have those impulsive feelings that make us want to do it at that moment. Hoping for better times keeps some of us going even at our worst. Even if that hope is foolish.

• Love
Reactions: I_am_Lo