T

tomyumgoong

Dec 22, 2023
I told the wrong person that I overdosed (suicide attempt) last semester, so it's become a subject of gossip. It's really embarrassing. It just makes me wish I'd done it right even more. I was never bullied in high school, so I never expected this from adults in college, especially ones that I thought were my friends. It's becoming too much to handle. I've never been very social and it's hard to talk to new people not knowing what they might have been told about me. I feel so ashamed. I hate myself. I never meant for any of this to happen.

I intended to transfer to a four-year for environmental science and either go to graduate school for the same thing or pharmacy school. But I'm not that smart and I feel so lonely. Still, it'd be wrong to kill myself and leave my boyfriend behind. But if I don't kill myself, I think I'm gonna drop out. I just can't do this. At the same, I'm small and chronically ill, so I can't do physical labor. I don't want to have to work minimum wage for the rest of my life. That's so abysmal. Food service is miserable. I wish I'd've just died and I wouldn't have to worry about anything. Sometimes I pray that I become terminally ill so that it's beyond me. I don't what to do.

• Hugs
Reactions: seekingrelease22, Passersby, wCvML2 and 2 others
M

moron

Nov 14, 2023
I went to a four year college and became a teacher, then I ended up with a criminal record from a drug charge so I can't do that anymore. I wish I had learned to work on cars.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Passersby, tomyumgoong and LoiteringClouds
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
There's always becoming an influencer of some sort or other type of online personality. You don't even have to be creative either. You can blog about whatever trivial thing you find enjoyable or maybe you can stream video games or maybe you can upload tutorials for basic things everyone should already know but doesn't and collect some ad revenue.

Reactions: seekingrelease22 and tomyumgoong
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
I carry on like I have the last 50 years.
take each day as it comes. I studied the wrong things at uni. So went back and did the qualifications needed to do the job I love.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I've already finished college but my parents wanted me to go to medical school and become a doctor. Personally I wanted to go to graduate school.

Reactions: tomyumgoong
ChoclateIsSweet

ChoclateIsSweet

ChocolateIsSweet
Mar 24, 2020
There are apprenticeships for trade jobs and a variety of jobs. They can be a bit competitive depending on the role and company (like GSK, if you're interested in pharmacy). It's a learn as you work type of environment if traditional academic route isn't for you, and I think you can make money doing it too. Don't discount yourself as not being good or smart enough, just apply. You will have more of a chance if you just mass apply. If your college has a career advisor then maybe set up an appointment to see other options. There's lot of options outside of university!

Reactions: tomyumgoong
bambie200

bambie200

Feb 15, 2024
The way I see it there are lots of options out there you just haven't heard of them yet. :) when I was a teenager I worked on a farm with a lady who lived out of her van (pre "van-life" influencer days) and just travelled around and did work where she could. It never crossed my mind that you could even do that before! And she seemed really happy.

I'm not saying that you should become a nomad or farmhand or anything lol, just that there are so many ways to live your life that you've never thought of.
Take it one day at a time and look into polytechnics/trade schools near you.
There are trades you can get into that don't require heavy labour! I can give examples if you want :) Best of luck

Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
If I fail ctb I'll become a nomad and just work temporary jobs. I have no college education and just retail work experience so finding work will be difficult. My best hope is to get into a trade or something.

I also want to own a home so I'll be saving for that too if I can't ctb.

T

tomyumgoong

Dec 22, 2023
There's always becoming an influencer of some sort or other type of online personality. You don't even have to be creative either. You can blog about whatever trivial thing you find enjoyable or maybe you can stream video games or maybe you can upload tutorials for basic things everyone should already know but doesn't and collect some ad revenue.
I've thought about that on the side maybe, seems cushy. I don't know if that kind of thing would be fulfilling though, but you never know! Thank you
I've already finished college but my parents wanted me to go to medical school and become a doctor. Personally I wanted to go to graduate school.
How's it going now?
There are apprenticeships for trade jobs and a variety of jobs. They can be a bit competitive depending on the role and company (like GSK, if you're interested in pharmacy). It's a learn as you work type of environment if traditional academic route isn't for you, and I think you can make money doing it too. Don't discount yourself as not being good or smart enough, just apply. You will have more of a chance if you just mass apply. If your college has a career advisor then maybe set up an appointment to see other options. There's lot of options outside of university!
I appreciate that a lot! I think I've figured out a degree plan that might work better, but if not, I'll look into a trade for sure.
The way I see it there are lots of options out there you just haven't heard of them yet. :) when I was a teenager I worked on a farm with a lady who lived out of her van (pre "van-life" influencer days) and just travelled around and did work where she could. It never crossed my mind that you could even do that before! And she seemed really happy.

I'm not saying that you should become a nomad or farmhand or anything lol, just that there are so many ways to live your life that you've never thought of.
Take it one day at a time and look into polytechnics/trade schools near you.
There are trades you can get into that don't require heavy labour! I can give examples if you want :) Best of luck
That's a nice way to look at it. Thank you for the positivity!
If I fail ctb I'll become a nomad and just work temporary jobs. I have no college education and just retail work experience so finding work will be difficult. My best hope is to get into a trade or something.

I also want to own a home so I'll be saving for that too if I can't ctb.
That's not a bad idea. I knew a guy who was doing something similar, and it seemed to be the right thing for him. I hope you can buy your dream home someday :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc