• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

What keeps you here?

• Hope I can still turn things around.

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Fear of failing an attempt and the repurcussions.

Votes: 35 67.3%
  • Guilt over leaving loved ones behind.

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 30.8%

• Total voters
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Maybe this oversimplifies things but I guess I'm wondering whether it's more positive emotions- like hope that are keeping the majority of us from CTB. I'm hazarding a guess it won't be! I get the impression more of us are kept here because of fear- of an attempt failing, of death itself and the unknown element of what comes next, even fear of hell. Oh, and probably guilt that we don't want to hurt our loved ones.

Multiple votes are allowed if it's a mix of these things. Or, feel free to comment if I've missed something obvious.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
It's a mix of hope bc my life isn't that bad yet, fear of failing and the embarrassment and actually I don't wanna die.

Dark Moon

Dark Moon

Death will give me peace
Sep 21, 2022
Fear of failure, if I attempt hanging and don't do it properly then I can become a vegetable and paralyzed for the rest of my life which is a worse situation than what I'm in currently.

Lack of methods: Guns are banned in this country and I don't have access to tall buildings I can jump off and that can still fail.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Fear of the posible pain or discomfort of ctb and fear of the unknown.

And for some reason I can´t understand and in lack of a better word is 'hope' that I might have a few more amazing experiences in life though very doubtful and I know I will never be able to have a happy and exciting life on a daily scale again, I just hope for a few amazing experiences so I am trying to improve the few places in my life where it might be possible (but still doubtful).

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I'm alive because of three reasons:

First reason, fear of failing and the consequences that can arise due to that.

Second reason, fear of doing the actual attempt itself due to survival instinct and how painful the method is.

Third reason, I can't really access a suicide method easily. The only method that I can hypothetically access is drowning but even then I'm heavily restricted as I can't go out alone at night and I can only really go for a limited time in the day (i.e. when I'm going to university).

If all of these three reasons were gone, I wouldn't be typing here right now. I'm not alive because I love life or have something in life that I'd miss as that's what some people here like to insinuate. I'm only alive because of the aforementioned 3 reasons. I don't care about loved ones or life itself or the small things or whatever other things people enjoy about life

Ash

Ash

Warlock
Oct 4, 2021
There's nobody to look after my dog. She has behavioural issues, including severe separation anxiety, so she would be extremely difficult to re-home. Leaving her would be condemning her to the possibility of going from home to home, or maybe never getting picked and living her life in a rehoming centre kennel, which she would hate and become even more fearful and defensive. The only other option is putting her to sleep but when it's just me and her, she's healthy and happy and lively and doesn't deserve whether option. Going to hospital after a failed attempt would also leave her in kennels - or dead while I'm still alive. Without her, I would have CTB last year when my old dog died.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Because there isn't the option to reliably die in a peaceful, guaranteed way and I'd fear trying to die going wrong and leading to way worse suffering. There's no such thing as "hope" for me in something so hellish and harmful as existence, I'd never wish to exist no matter what. Human existence is a futile and tortuous burden, something to me that's best avoided and undesirable under all circumstances.

And it's just so disgusting and unacceptable how people are denied the right to painless death even know we had the ability to suffer so harmfully imposed in the first place, I despise how we exist in such an anti-suicide society.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Fear of failing and remaining alive but in in an even worse condition.

They made assisted suicide and nembutal crimes precisely to keep everyone in the prison and to make this world a prison : if u can't leave when u want to it's a prison . Most humans are ok with this horrible situation

They took away guaranteed suicide methods like assisted suicide 3 bottles of nembutal suicide booths etc . If there was a Guaranteed suicide method I would be out of this evil this prison world body life today.

There is no logical reason why someone should not be allowed to help u commit suicide.

For example. It is a billion times easier for someone to shoot me dead with a shotgun vs me shooting myself. For one thing if they miss they can keep taking multiple shots at my head while I only get one shot at shooting my head. And I have to defeat si to shoot my head

But they made this A crime.

Last edited:
L

LaughingGoat

Student
Apr 11, 2024
For me it's due to not wanting to cause my mother pain, even though it's not like we live close or see each other that often, I'm an only child and she was a good mother so I worry how she'll cope. I'm currently working on numbing these emotions and just choosing to be selfish, as much as I hate the thought not sure I can do this another 30 years.