M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I know this may seem like the most random question in the world but I am really interested. I've had several different providers and no matter what the speed stays around 4mbps. I used Photoshop a lot for art and using it is impossible. Streaming is out of the question. There is probably something wrong with my phone line but it won't be fixed until the summer at the earliest :angry:

you'd think I lived in the middle of nowhere next to a sheep in like 1995 with these speeds... not in a city in 2020:/

• Hugs
Reactions: Mud.
Mud.

Mud.

Arcanist
Oct 27, 2018
That sucks.

I'm lucky. I live close to an internet hub.
From Ookla:

Ookla

• Wow
Reactions: mediocre
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
That sucks.

I'm lucky. I live close to an internet hub.
From Ookla:

View attachment 31100
Wow 250mbps are you in the states? I mean when I test my internet with speed checker I'm supposed to be able to get up to 40mbps. Which is still not that fast really imo. You can download a 1gb file in 4 seconds I'm so jealous lol.

Disintegration

Disintegration

Life is a terminal sexually transmitted disease.
Sep 28, 2019
I've got about 12.. fairly average... I guess that's more like upload. Download is 117

Last edited:
Reactions: Mud. and mediocre
tooStupidForExitBag

tooStupidForExitBag

Mar 13, 2020
From Sweden:

Reactions: Mud. and mediocre
Mud.

Mud.

Arcanist
Oct 27, 2018
You are very lucky. My internet provider promises average speeds of 59mbps and they call that "superfast" when they advertise it :pfff:

Sneaky b*stards :devil:

I pay 70 euros per month for my internet, phone (landline) & television.
This is a combined package.

• Love
Reactions: Yomyom and mediocre
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Just tried speedtest.net myself:

Screenshot 2020 04 07 at 013458

But the speedchecker from my IP gives me 40mbps. Then my PS4 gives a different result again. All different results...
Sneaky b*stards :devil:

I pay 70 euros per month for my internet, phone (landline) & television.
This is a combined package.
lol but I feel like we in the UK/Ireland are behind and slow on everything. 70 euros is quite a lot but for 250mbps its quite good actually. I pay about 42 per month for all 3 and the little broadband that I'm getting.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Mud.

Mud.

Arcanist
Oct 27, 2018
Just tried speedtest.net myself:

View attachment 31104

But the speedchecker from my IP gives me 40mbps. Then my PS4 gives a different result again. All different results...

lol but I feel like we in the UK/Ireland are behind and slow on everything. 70 euros is quite a lot but for 250mbps its quite good actually. I pay about 42 per month for all 3 and the little broadband that I'm getting.
You're in the UK and you get those speeds. Wow.
For the price you're paying, I would get something like 125mbps.

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
You're in the UK and you get those speeds. Wow.
For the price you're paying, I would get something like 125mbps.
I know it is shocking. But I'm not sure what other people get I should ask around. Maybe it's just me :ehh:

will need to wait a while now to find out the answer because no engineers are doing home visits for several months because of covid19:/

I may throw my computer out the window in the mean time:pfff:

• Aww..
L

Lefty

Mage
Dec 7, 2018
I know this may seem like the most random question in the world but I am really interested. I've had several different providers and no matter what the speed stays around 4mbps. I used Photoshop a lot for art and using it is impossible. Streaming is out of the question. There is probably something wrong with my phone line but it won't be fixed until the summer at the earliest :angry:

you'd think I lived in the middle of nowhere next to a sheep in like 1995 with these speeds... not in a city in 2020:/

I know how you feel. My speeds are too slow for streaming too. Internet is expensive where I live for really hi-speed internet. I'm running at about 1.2Mbps, though my download speeds are about 120-150 kbps.

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: mediocre and Mud.
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019

1GB connection.

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
5.52 download speed
8.76 upload speed
30 ms latency

• Aww..
  • Hugs
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I'm on adsl still but close to the exchange so online meters rate me at 17meg. But it often doesn't feel like it. My connection often hangs or is slow though I can't find anything wrong with the router or setup. My WiFi is awful too. I might go for fibre I'd I ever get the chance.

• Hugs
Reactions: mediocre and Lefty
L

Lefty

Mage
Dec 7, 2018
Just saying this for how slow my internet is, it took me seven days to download GTA V on PC. That was with leaving my comp on all night and day. A full week to download I think it was 75GB.

• Love
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Just saying this for how slow my internet is, it took me seven days to download GTA V on PC. That was with leaving my comp on all night and day. A full week to download I think it was 75GB.
I thought it was ridiculous that on my PS4 it took a about a day to download a game but 7 days is just insane. Have you had your phone line checked for any problems? Where do you live if you don't mind me asking? Are you rural?

Last edited:
L

Lefty

Mage
Dec 7, 2018
I thought it was ridiculous that on my PS4 it took a about a day to download a game but 7 days is just insane. Have you had your phone line checked for any problems? Where do you live if you don't mind me asking? Are you rural?

I live in a rural area. My internet plan hasn't been updated since 2007. I don't pay for it. I don't have the money to pay for faster interet. Not like I could upgrade it right now if I could, not with the pandemic going on right now.

mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
As fast as I can pay the bill...In other words slow as FUCK.

Yomyom

Yomyom

Darker dearie, much darker
Feb 5, 2020
No idea what it means, all I know is the internet usually work fine for me
Screenshot 2020 04 08 02 02 55 1738202956 EDIT 1

Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
That can't be possible. When I looked it up, the fastest internet speed one can get is 2,000 mbps
That can't be possible. When I looked it up, the fastest internet speed one can get is 2,000 mbps

Update: nevermind...just did more research and the top speed is 175 tbps

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Yeah that's what I was thinking too I didn't think terabyte per second was possible.
I always thought that my country is one of the worst in internet connection
Really? I live in the UK/Ireland and it is terrible.

waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
oh that's lightening fast how do you get that? may I ask what part of the world you live in?

In fact it uses just that. There are a series of lightning generators that shoot everything down the line. It's a pretty new technology. I actually don't remember what part of the world I live in because I smoked a joint a minute ago and that part of my memory was affected. Just bad timing, what can you do.

• Hugs
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Yeah that's what I was thinking too I didn't think terabyte per second was possible.

Really? I live in the UK/Ireland and it is terrible.
So I looked it up and the fastest speed ever was 175 tbps, but I think it was a company who had it

mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
My internet speed will beat up your internet speed! Lets have a dance contest!

• Hugs