• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Spreadingmywings

Spreadingmywings

May 22, 2019
DEPRESSION IS YOUR BODY SAYING, "I DON'T WANT TO
BE THIS CHARACTER ANYMORE. I DON'T WANT TO HOLD
UP THIS AVATAR THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN THE WORLD.
IT'S TOO MUCH FOR ME."
YOU SHOULD THINK OF THE WORD 'DEPRESSED' AS
'DEEP REST.' YOUR BODY NEEDS TO BE DEPRESSED. IT
NEEDS DEEP REST FROM THE CHARACTER THAT YOU'VE
BEEN TRYING TO PLAY.

*stops screaming*

• Love
Reactions: Heartaches, leavingthesoultrap, ImTelling and 1 other person
P

PseudoUnipolar

May 27, 2024
This is kind of how I feel, but I can't stop playing as that character without fucking up its stats

Reactions: ImTelling and Spreadingmywings
Spreadingmywings

Spreadingmywings

May 22, 2019
This is kind of how I feel, but I can't stop playing as that character without fucking up its stats
"without fucking up its stats" yup that is why i can't stop emphasizing on why meditation is incredibly important, because it helps you to let go.

Erase any concept of what you might think meditation is tho, otherwise your brain will trick you.

ImTelling

ImTelling

Sad Doggo
May 27, 2024
I don't know if I actually have depression or not. I feel like if I say I have depression it'll belittle those who actually have depression. I'm definitely sad most of the time and I don't watch or do the things I like to do as much but I don't think that's actual depression, just being depressed. I feel there's a difference.

But I agree with OP, it does feel like you've fucked up your character build permanently and you wanna start a new run. Better luck next time...
yup that is why i can't stop emphasizing on why meditation is incredibly important, because it helps you to let go.
Although I will disagree with this part, medication will not help you. It's mind control to turn you into a worker drone.

Reactions: Gill_Bates666
Spreadingmywings

Spreadingmywings

May 22, 2019
I don't know if I actually have depression or not. I feel like if I say I have depression it'll belittle those who actually have depression. I'm definitely sad most of the time and I don't watch or do the things I like to do as much but I don't think that's actual depression, just being depressed. I feel there's a difference.

But I agree with OP, it does feel like you've fucked up your character build permanently and you wanna start a new run. Better luck next time...

Although I will disagree with this part, medication will not help you. It's mind control to turn you into a worker drone.
except i didn't say "medication" 💀 but yeah i would agree with what u said about it

P

PseudoUnipolar

May 27, 2024
"without fucking up its stats" yup that is why i can't stop emphasizing on why meditation is incredibly important, because it helps you to let go.

Erase any concept of what you might think meditation is tho, otherwise your brain will trick you.
My dad's doing TM, maybe I should finally try it

Reactions: Spreadingmywings
DarknessInMe

DarknessInMe

Jun 19, 2023
I don't know if this fits here, but reading this thread reminded me of a conversation I had with another patient in a ward some years ago.
She said: "Suffering from a life-threatening disease, your mind wants to live, but your body doesn't. If you suffer from depression, your body wants to live, but your mind doesn't."
To me, it feels like this is a very well fittingly depiction of depression.

Reactions: Hollowman
Spreadingmywings

Spreadingmywings

May 22, 2019
I don't know if this fits here, but reading this thread reminded me of a conversation I had with another patient in a ward some years ago.
She said: "Suffering from a life-threatening disease, your mind wants to live, but your body doesn't. If you suffer from depression, your body wants to live, but your mind doesn't."
To me, it feels like this is a very well fittingly depiction of depression.

Yes it fits here thanks for sharing 🙏🏼🙌 i'm sure the being who told you this was well intentioned however the being who told you this, like most if not all humans, specifically in the western world, was just projecting her experience from a separate limited individualistic illusory and dualistic perspective.in short she was utterly mistaken. Our True Nature is non-dual or that which is beyond duality; call it God, nothing, spirit, soul etc.

Anyway let me quote what she apparently said and break it down a bit:

"Suffering from a life-threatening disease, your mind wants to live, but your body doesn't."

• Dualistic Perspective: This statement suggests a conflict between the mind (which desires to continue living) and the body (which is failing or approaching death).
• Non-Dual Perspective: From a non-dual perspective, this conflict is based on the illusion of separation. In truth, the mind and body are not separate entities with opposing desires; they are expressions of the same underlying reality. The experience of suffering can be seen as arising from the attachment to the mind-body identity and the fear of its dissolution.

So that's that, as for her other statement "If you suffer from depression, your body wants to live, but your mind doesn't."

• Dualistic Perspective: Here, the conflict is between a body that is physically healthy and a mind that is experiencing depression and a lack of will to live.
• Non-Dual Perspective: In non-duality, depression is also viewed as a manifestation of the illusion of separation. The mind's suffering is due to identification with limited and transient aspects of existence. Recognizing the non-dual nature of reality can bring about a shift in perspective, where the mind and body are seen as interconnected aspects of the same whole, and suffering is understood in a broader context.