• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

justacagedbird

justacagedbird

I just want to be free.
Sep 22, 2023
I've been told that I need to stop self harming over and over. But when I ask why, I feel like I have never had a satisfactory answer.
SH helps me cope through my emotions, and it's not like I'm dying (which, yaknow, most people believe is bad). So why should I stop if it's just another way of helping?

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
My father told me a few years ago that he doesn't understand why people do SH, he knows why people do it but doesn't understand how it works. SH isn't bad, it just redirects the mind from mental pain to physical pain which is much easier to handle, especially after being in pain mentally for a long time. It feels so nice to be released from that pressure, SH isn't at all bad if you take care of the wounds and be careful not to cut too deep, etc.

Reactions: swagattack and justacagedbird
Upvote 0
Baldwin IV

Baldwin IV

Cat Lover
Sep 21, 2023
My take is thatm it's a coping mechanism that is really not sustainable from either a emotional or physical point of view. Since it helps you cope with whatever internal pain you're going through, but not entirely. To me it's futile, because it reminds me that hurting myself is the only thing I have control over, but that is kind of like the point so I understand why people do it, and why I did it. To be granted it depends how severe is the damage you're inflicting to yourself. I just think there are other ways to cope with it, but I realize everyone's situation is different.

Upvote 0
passivethought121

passivethought121

Student
Jun 11, 2023
In my opinion the only possible thing wrong is the chance for infection, sepsis, and death. But that's only if someone wishes to avoid those things.

I feel like there's genuinely no issue and people just find it ugly. People still find a reason to get mad even when I tell them I properly clean and bandage my cuts that aren't even deep.

Reactions: cgrtt.brns
Upvote 1