• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

B

BoneWeary57

Jun 5, 2024
I've struggled with depression and anxiety for decades. Before some profound and life changing losses, I had a good life, I was able to function/cope, mostly..but once some things in life shifts, both the depression and anxiety expoentially worsened. And yes, I've tried every suggestions imaginable to allivate their grip, including therapy and medications. Some relief occured, but mostly, their grip on my entire life, remained/remains unchanged.

For me, the mental health costs have been financial stability, employment stability and a social life. I do not have any retirement savings or accounts, no personal savings, no one to fall back on in that sense, I live paycheck to paycheck and not all times is that successful. I've had a multitude of opportunties professionally but have either flaked out on the job due to the depression/anxiety/lack of confidence/unreasonable fears or just not started the job at all after accepting it. I have lsot count of how many jobs I've worked or been hired for but not followed through on in the past 15 yrs. Socially, I have withdrawn to the point I have zero friends. None. Not a one. Other than my spouse and store clerks, I don't interact with anyone. I am employed but not in an office setting so interaction with my coworkers is 99% via phone/email/text.

I think about how much different, possibly, life would be/would've been if it weren't for the mental health stuggles I deal with..would I, at 57, be in a leadership position? Financially secure? Have close knit group of friends? Would I not think about ending my life every single day? Would I be living versus exisiting and waiting for..what I don't even know anymore.

Would life be, not perfect, but technicolor instead of vanilla beige? What would it feel like to have peace of mind?

Does anyone else identify with what I'm saying?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: dwtsleepy123, thanatos444, Edpal247 and 4 others
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Student
Jun 2, 2024
"What would it feel like to have peace of mind?"

This. Felt. Heard. Understood. @BoneWeary57 I identify with a lot of your story despite being younger. Thank you for sharing. Feel free to PM me <3

• Love
Reactions: littleinsanity and Edpal247
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
Yeah I do. For me it has cost me the opporturnity to live a normal life. Had no normal childhood, nor teenagehood because I had no friends and would play video games all day instead as social gathering were to difficult for me due to there being too many social cues and expectations to follow, and I've never had a normal adulthood either because I have been in and out of the psych non-stop. It eventally cost me my freedom too. It never cost me much in money tbh as hospitilization is mostly free and we have governmental support for therapy where I live (plus it's free if you're under 18), but it cost me litterary everything else. I don't get to be with my family anymore. I am unable to stay in touch with my friends due to my anxiety and I've never had the opporturnity to be in an actual relationship before other than a few online ones witch still kinda sucked since I wasn't able to hook up with them. It has taken litterary everything from me but my money. Ppl who thinks mental illness only costs you money have no idea what they're talking about. It costs you so much more than that. It can take litterary everything from you and that's the worst part about it. I definitely feel with you so, so much! Mental illness truly is a bitch!

Jul 15, 2024
I've struggled with depression and anxiety for decades. Before some profound and life changing losses, I had a good life, I was able to function/cope, mostly..but once some things in life shifts, both the depression and anxiety expoentially worsened. And yes, I've tried every suggestions imaginable to allivate their grip, including therapy and medications. Some relief occured, but mostly, their grip on my entire life, remained/remains unchanged.

For me, the mental health costs have been financial stability, employment stability and a social life. I do not have any retirement savings or accounts, no personal savings, no one to fall back on in that sense, I live paycheck to paycheck and not all times is that successful. I've had a multitude of opportunties professionally but have either flaked out on the job due to the depression/anxiety/lack of confidence/unreasonable fears or just not started the job at all after accepting it. I have lsot count of how many jobs I've worked or been hired for but not followed through on in the past 15 yrs. Socially, I have withdrawn to the point I have zero friends. None. Not a one. Other than my spouse and store clerks, I don't interact with anyone. I am employed but not in an office setting so interaction with my coworkers is 99% via phone/email/text.

I think about how much different, possibly, life would be/would've been if it weren't for the mental health stuggles I deal with..would I, at 57, be in a leadership position? Financially secure? Have close knit group of friends? Would I not think about ending my life every single day? Would I be living versus exisiting and waiting for..what I don't even know anymore.

Would life be, not perfect, but technicolor instead of vanilla beige? What would it feel like to have peace of mind?

Does anyone else identify with what I'm saying?
Hmm, every job I've ever had, my self respect, the way I abuse others, the list goes on…

Edpal247

Edpal247

Experienced
Jul 9, 2024
I have lost virtually everything. My house, my businesses, my sanity and my self respect. I am a terrible person in many ways. Really sweet in others.