• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

accidentaldeath

accidentaldeath

Student
May 29, 2018
Any experience? Do you get automatically in a psych ward, your family has to approve the psych ward, a judge? I don't think you just can get "jailed" becuase you decided to do whatever you wanted to do with your life, you are not hurting any one else...

• Hugs
Reactions: TheDevilsAngel
M

Mogley26

Student
Apr 10, 2019
Any experience? Do you get automatically in a psych ward, your family has to approve the psych ward, a judge? I don't think you just can get "jailed" becuase you decided to do whatever you wanted to do with your life, you are not hurting any one else...
Psych ward. 5150. At least this is my best guess.

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel, Never Free, deathxoxo and 1 other person
Asacschrader33

Asacschrader33

Student
May 6, 2019
California statute that says that anybody deemed a danger to themselves or others can be involuntarily held in a psych ward for at least 72 hours

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel, Never Free, Donewitheverything and 3 others
T

toolateforme

Student
Jul 2, 2018
I think it ultimately depends on the laws and policies where you live but you will most likely be put in a psych ward wherever you are, especially if it's clear you're the one who tried to do that to yourself.

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel, Never Free, deathxoxo and 3 others
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
Unfortunately, police can 5150 you to a ward without parental consent, or judges orders. You are a threat to yourself.
Sorry to ask so many common questions, but what's 5150?
5150 means being sanctioned.

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel, Never Free, Sha70 and 1 other person
Deadgirl

Deadgirl

Game Over
Mar 31, 2019
The police will initially detain you in a hospital then they transfer you to a psychiatric hospital and it's up to the psychiatrist there to court order you. They will most likely do that if you refuse to stay voluntarily so try bargaining a bit to see.

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel, Never Free, Soul and 2 others
Sick Boy

Sick Boy

Student
Oct 19, 2018
I´m afraid it´s more serious,it depends of the method you get caught,but you could end up with brain damage in vegetative state or in a Wheel chair for the rest of your life

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel, Never Free, Soul and 1 other person
P

paroxetine

May 13, 2019
If you are caught in the middle of a suicide attempt you might get a permanent brain injury.
About the psych ward, it depends on your country and your parents. You could get away with just counseling. I don't wish the psych ward stay to anyone.

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel, Never Free, PDAnnie2610 and 5 others
I

Its time its time

Student
Apr 7, 2019
I'm my part of the world.. they put you in jail. Once released then to a mental hospital.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheDevilsAngel
Asacschrader33

Asacschrader33

Student
May 6, 2019
Where are you from?

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel and Egddios
I

Its time its time

Student
Apr 7, 2019
Smallest country in South East Asia.

Section 309 of the Penal Code states that "Whoever attempts to commit suicide, and does any act towards the commission of such offence, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year, or with fine, or with both."

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: TheDevilsAngel, PDAnnie2610 and Amber1974
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018

Section 309 of the Penal Code states that "Whoever attempts to commit suicide, and does any act towards the commission of such offence, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year, or with fine, or with both."
I always forget that suicide used to be illegal pretty much everywhere. I had no idea it still was in some places.

Reactions: Egddios
D

ddimd

Apr 14, 2019
If that happens, I'm going to try to feign ignorance and amnesia. "What? What happened, where am I? The last thing I remember was going back to my room..Nope, why would I want to attempt suicide?"

Hopefully that will stop them from putting me in a psych ward. On the other hand, if they do start some sort of attempted murder investigation because of that, I might be pretty screwed. But I think I'll still stick to the not remembering anything hah.

J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
If that happens, I'm going to try to feign ignorance and amnesia. "What? What happened, where am I? The last thing I remember was going back to my room..Nope, why would I want to attempt suicide?"

Hopefully that will stop them from putting me in a psych ward. On the other hand, if they do start some sort of attempted murder investigation because of that, I might be pretty screwed. But I think I'll still stick to the not remembering anything hah.

I'm not sure that's such a great idea as it might lead them to suspect you have a dissociative disorder of some kind. If you admit you wanted to do it in time they may believe you when you claim you don't want to anymore but if you claim a state of confusion that's basically admitting you can't control yourself. That could land you in an even worse position.

It's probably best to feign regret and revulsion about what you did and express a wish to 'get better'. If you keep this up and claim you want psychiatric treatment they might lay off involuntary commitment.

Reactions: bea1974
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Once as a teenager I woke up in a hospital after a failed attempt, and a police was waiting at the foot of my bed. He said, "It was an accident, right? Because otherwise I'd have to arrest you." He clearly thought the law was as stupid as I did, bless him.

Anyway, a lot depends on the method. If I haven't done myself lasting harm, and can plausibly say it was unintentional, that's what I'll do.

Reactions: omoidarui and Halo13
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
Sorry to ask so many common questions, but what's 5150?
5150 refers to the section of penal code that addresses your being taken into custody if you are deemed mentally incompetant by law enforcement --which is, of course, how most of society views we who actually want the agony of life to stop. It has become shorthand in the US the way "sectioned" is shorthand in the UK.

Reactions: NoOneKnows and Soul
Lush_nova

Lush_nova

Self Destruct Activated
May 16, 2019
Uk it's classed as section 136 and depending on where you are as to whether they care or not. Last weekend after a attempt, I was let out of hospital at 130am... no phone, no money nothing, walked 9 miles before managing to hitch a lift, if I could have found glass or a high bridge I wouldn't have come home. Yet another time I was thrown into a safe unit but that was a different area

• Hugs
Reactions: bea1974
P

Princessangel

May 14, 2019
As others in the UK have said I've done it twice and just been sent home

P

PDAnnie2610

Waiting for my bus.
Oct 27, 2019

Hello! Fellow countryman!

Actually they recently decriminalise suicide but under mental health care and treatment act, one can end up getting sectioned. Which is not fun at all, in my experience.

I rather make sure I succeed if I attempt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Never Free
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
In my country if you are luckyto stumble upon an understanding doctor and gush tho them about how you dont want to die anymore you can get out of it, but mostly a forced stay in a loony bin. And if you refuse they take you to court and pressure you till you give in and agree that you need to be locked up

Sha70

Sha70

Student
Jul 22, 2018
What is it like in a psych ward?
What is the difference between psych ward and mental hospital? I that they were the same thing.

Last edited:
Ratherbeskinny

Ratherbeskinny

"Insert profound quote here."
Oct 28, 2019
What is it like in a psych ward?
What is the difference between psych ward and mental hospital? I that they were the same thing.
It is, but in my country you have different types of wards and hospitals. In my case, I went from a psych ward where I was able to do literally anything I wanted to a psych ward where I had to ask if I could go to the toilet, or even walk from the "living room" to the kitchen, which was always locked. If I was lucky, I could go outside (not really outside, something similar as to what some prisons have) maybe 2 times a day. I didn't have a phone and saw my family once every two weeks for an hour. It was hell, but I know I'd be dead already if I wasn't put there.

It depends on your country, your age, your method, etc. etc. I know I won't get hospitalized again no matter what I do (trust me on that one), but if you've never been hospitalized, that probably isn't the case for you.

AnonymouslyBlue

AnonymouslyBlue

Sep 29, 2019
I live in the Middle East, and if I weren't living where its illegal (my boyfriends house) I would have CTB by now, but if I fail then the police get involved and everyone, including boyfriends parents, brother and myself will get into serious trouble and possibly deported after some jail time just because I'm not allowed to live with them since we're not married. And if I do succeed, they still will jail and deport them all. So either way, I'm stuck

T

toomuchgrief

a grieving mother
Sep 15, 2019
This whole psych ward thing is what me afraid all the "what if" I don't succeed CTB.
That is why I want to put a shotgun slug to my temple , if half of my brain blow off brain fall out and with my eyes sticking out, if I somehow survive, I wonder if the pysch ward still want me? They probably still take me after I get facial construction right? lol

Anyways, what medication they give you in the psych ward? like mental illness medication? Obviously they (the psych ward people) think you mental if you harm yourself.

Never Free

Never Free

Student
Feb 6, 2019
I always forget that suicide used to be illegal pretty much everywhere. I had no idea it still was in some places.
It effectively is here in the US. Psych wards take away so many rights and privacy and hold you indefinitely. A long with forcing "treatment" that's damaging assault from staff and other patients is often unaddressed. Worse than that wrongful deaths don't even get properly examined. Getting drugged and strapped down often leads to death. Have heard them drugging patients even after they pleaded about how they were allergic to a drug.