pyx

pyx

Mage
Jun 5, 2024
what was causative of your current political leanings?

i don't know what i would call myself. maybe a self-identifying centrist or conservative with proto-fascistic leanings, though one who probably kids himself and is ultimately liberal in his convictions. i hope no one will jump the gun at the incendiary f-word. it's a harmless aesthetic curiosity at most. but i am not the most politically informed person, so that is natural

i can't really answer how i came to my current political beliefs, or how anyone can, in fact. just as it is hard to determine how anyone can identify with certain aesthetic forms over others. it's a matter of preference, though one likely dependent on the sociopolitical circumstances which mould determinate principles: the evolution thereof would merely consist in trying to expand or affirm these basic ideas, which evolve into increasingly complex and variegated systems of belief. the degree of social response one may receive from politically motivated interest groups perhaps might boulster and affirm these orthodoxies: this wouldn't necessarily be the case for me, as my current political views are independent of any social force; not to say that i am free of civilian programming, but rather that there was often an irrational, inarticulable component of my character which drew me to my current leanings. i am far too apathetic and disinterested in the moral turmoil and sentimental pash of a utopian select, parroting and gilding their rhetoric in an ornery moralism that i can't stand for reasons relating to my personal experiences with people

AvaCutey

AvaCutey

Pragmatist
Oct 9, 2024
My father is very right-wing capitalist, my mother is more left-leaning, and I turned out to have a more balanced outlook, a centrist political view. I hate the amount of polarization and blatant reductionist arguments. The current political system is flawed, political representatives will try to gain political clout in any way possible because, at the end of the day, votes matter, not the truth. But I feel that people don't care about the truth, people opinionate themselves based on emotions more than sound reasoning. This emotional approach to politics often leads to oversimplification of complex issues and a refusal to engage in meaningful dialogue. Instead of seeking common ground or understanding different perspectives, many individuals retreat into echo chambers that reinforce their existing beliefs. This cycle perpetuates division and makes it increasingly difficult to address the real challenges facing our society. To break this pattern, we need to foster critical thinking, promote media literacy, and encourage open-minded discussions that value facts and nuance over sensationalism and tribalism.

• Love
Reactions: CatLvr
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I actually leaned right socially for a while starting in middle school thanks to Hunter Avallone. It wasn't until, while under the comment section of a documentary talking about female infanticide, I saw a comment from some that went along the lines of how in China a lot.of people get weirded out if you label yourself as a feminist and will usually ask you why since you already have right and about how they wonder if the same thing happens in the West. This caused me to question a lot of the views that I held and led to me eventually going back to being full blown left-leaning.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I think most of my politics just came from watching South Park and from my innate contrarianism.