D

Dark-Knight

Student
Feb 18, 2023
I already asked something similar in my recent post but I'm curious what others think about this. From what other people said, from reports and the guides about this method the effects seem to be reversible but I've seen others say sn can actually cause permanent damage if you survive from it, although I haven't heard of cases where permanent damage was reported. It seems that there are different and mixed informations about sn. Even if some people say the effects are reversible and no permanent damage is left, how can we be sure of how true this is and what is and isn't true about this method in general? What permanent damage can sn cause if you fail and survive from this method?

Reactions: ecliptic, kvsvenky100, world is unfair and 3 others
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
It can cause permanent brain damage, owing to the brain being starved of oxygen. I get the impression that permanent damage is a rare outcome, and that reversible damage is more likely, but there is no doubt that permanent damage is possible.

Reactions: QueerMelancholy, kvsvenky100, Brokensaddle and 3 others
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
There is no way to be absolutely sure about something that's never been extensively researched on. You can only do your own research and relay on avaliable resources including the pph and medical reports of SN poisoning, which there is a lot out there. You can make an educated guess though any attempt at taking a life may cause permanent damage. There is one case report I've seen of brain death after SN poisoning. So even if the chances are slim it can happen, especially in an attempt of resuscitation.

Reactions: CelestialDiana
S

SoDone

Jun 17, 2024
I don't know the answer to your question but I'm curious as well. I am afraid of trying this method, failing, and ending worse off than before with brain damage...

• Hugs
Reactions: world is unfair and Lookingtoflyfree
D

Dark-Knight

Student
Feb 18, 2023
There is no way to be absolutely sure about something that's never been extensively researched on. You can only do your own research and relay on avaliable resources including the pph and medical reports of SN poisoning, which there is a lot out there. You can make an educated guess though any attempt at taking a life may cause permanent damage. There is one case report I've seen of brain death after SN poisoning. So even if the chances are slim it can happen, especially in an attempt of resuscitation.
People say that the effects from sn can be reversible and there's usually no permanent damage but since sn causes hypoxia, the brain doesn't get enough oxygen or maybe no oxygen at all. The brain is very sensitive to lack of oxygen so even if you survive from sn isn't it more likely that some type of damage or even permanent damage can happen more often?

L

losing hope

Arcanist
Apr 27, 2022
I think I've read somewhere on here your organs are damaged first, and your kidney can take 2 years to recover. Which makes sense as your body is processing a large amount of poison. I'd also imagine your heart takes a bit of a pounding as well. Since I've got a weak heart, this may be a good or bad thing for me.

But I can't recall any recovery stories off hand where I got this from. So take what I say above with a pitch of salt.

Reactions: Relic
D

Dark-Knight

Student
Feb 18, 2023
I think I've read somewhere on here your organs are damaged first, and your kidney can take 2 years to recover. Which makes sense as your body is processing a large amount of poison. I'd also imagine your heart takes a bit of a pounding as well. Since I've got a weak heart, this may be a good or bad thing for me.

But I can't recall any recovery stories off hand where I got this from. So take what I say above with a pitch of salt.
Wouldn't your whole body be affected if you survive from sn? All the body parts and organs are deprived of oxygen. How do you reverse that damage, just with methelyne blue?

W

Wolf Girl

Nothing ever got better
Jun 12, 2024
Someone posted on here about surviving a near lethal SN attempt. They said that the meth blue damaged their heart and I think their kidneys were damaged too.

• Aww..
Reactions: Null Hypothesis, Nothing87, divinemistress36 and 2 others
L

losing hope

Arcanist
Apr 27, 2022
Wouldn't your whole body be affected if you survive from sn? All the body parts and organs are deprived of oxygen. How do you reverse that damage, just with methelyne blue?

My understanding from the way SN works is it affects your organs first. This is why you get the racing heart and tingly fingers and pale looking skin (at around the 10 min mark). Before you lose your vision, the room gets spinny and pass out (i.e. the brain effects at around the 15+ min mark).

So it depends on at what point you are "saved". If your saved fairly early (say within 1 hour) then your organs are more likely to be damaged, maybe with some mild brain damage. However if your saved very close to death then I would fear your more likely to have brain damage.

If the above is true, then it might be an idea to have some methelyne blue & orange juice next to you when attempting. So if someone does "save" you or you back out of your attempt. Then your likely to mitigate any long term brain damage as much as you can.

D

Dark-Knight

Student
Feb 18, 2023
My understanding from the way SN works is it affects your organs first. This is why you get the racing heart and tingly fingers and pale looking skin (at around the 10 min mark). Before you lose your vision, the room gets spinny and pass out (i.e. the brain effects at around the 15+ min mark).

So it depends on at what point you are "saved". If your saved fairly early (say within 1 hour) then your organs are more likely to be damaged, maybe with some mild brain damage. However if your saved very close to death then I would fear your more likely to have brain damage.

If the above is true, then it might be an idea to have some methelyne blue & orange juice next to you when attempting. So if someone does "save" you or you back out of your attempt. Then your likely to mitigate any long term brain damage as much as you can.
Do you know how much methelyne blue should you take if you're saved or back out? In what form should it be? I saw it can be in liquid, pill or spray form. Also I didn't know about orange juice, how does it help?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Do you know how much methelyne blue should you take if you're saved or back out? In what form should it be? I saw it can be in liquid, pill or spray form. Also I didn't know about orange juice, how does it help?
Afaik Methyleneblue has to be administered IV in this case. You can only get proper medical help in an ICU.

L

losing hope

Arcanist
Apr 27, 2022

Your question on Meth blue reminded me of this thread; https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/my-methylene-blue-kit.100655/

I certainly am going to try to source some like OP did in that above thread. Might even ask my doctor for some saying I have SN.

RE' Orange juice, it has vitamin C in it, which counteracts the effects of SN; https://naturallyconscious.blogspot.com/2010/01/drink-oj-with-your-carcinogenic-cured.html

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Yay!
Reactions: Nothing87, TimetoGo! and divinemistress36
U

unusally alive

Jun 4, 2024
from everything i have read, suriving means that someone intervened instead of something going wrong. So the SN will be out of your body before anything happens, because if it didnt then youd be dead. Now humans are a resilient bunch so you could survive it and have damage but saying this is like saying, yeah the chances of a meteor hitting arent high but they arent ZERO so you cant say it will NEVER happen

P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
from everything i have read, suriving means that someone intervened instead of something going wrong. So the SN will be out of your body before anything happens, because if it didnt then youd be dead. Now humans are a resilient bunch so you could survive it and have damage but saying this is like saying, yeah the chances of a meteor hitting arent high but they arent ZERO so you cant say it will NEVER happen
I agree, most people survive bc of intervention or they could call the ambulance on their own before they passed out.

Risks of surviving SN have been discussed. Perhaps you can find some more useful info here, there is a lot more, use the search:

Yarani

Yarani

When I deserve it the least, I need love the most.
Mar 29, 2024
RE' Orange juice, it has vitamin C in it, which counteracts the effects of SN; https://naturallyconscious.blogspot.com/2010/01/drink-oj-with-your-carcinogenic-cured.html
It says that vitamin C inhibits the conversion of nitrite to nitrosamines. From what I understand, it's not nitrosamines that cause methemoglobinemia and I also couldn't find any source that would claim that. Am I missing something?
Also, on that website in the comments, the claim is being shown to be only partially correct, depending on the presence of lipides.

PinballWizard39

PinballWizard39

May 3, 2024
Maybe it's just me feeling sad about my life and imagining a 'what if I changed my mind' scenario, but even if I took the SN and immediately called for help, it would be too late. By the time an ambulance arrived, we're talking hours before it turns up, and even if I called a friend to take me to the hospital, the hospital is over an hours drive away. I go for days without contact with anyone so I feel pretty pathetic that I could easily be successful at this (assuming I don't puke), die on my floor and probably wouldn't be found for a few days. Like I have no one to *miss me* day to day. That makes me sad. Good for ctb, not so much for self esteem.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: justwannadip, Praestat_Mori and everythingoes
D

Dark-Knight

Student
Feb 18, 2023
Afaik Methyleneblue has to be administered IV in this case. You can only get proper medical help in an ICU.
So it wouldn't work if you have methelyne blue either in pill, liquid or spray form by your side while attempting with sn? You have to go to a hospital right?

P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
So it wouldn't work if you have methelyne blue either in pill, liquid or spray form by your side while attempting with sn? You have to go to a hospital right?
That's how I understand it. Yes, hospital, you may also need oxygen support via breathing mask.

Well, it takes a lot more time if methyleneblue pills first have to be dissolved in your stomach while you may already be weak / unconscious and the SN won't stop working at the same time.

L

losing hope

Arcanist
Apr 27, 2022
It says that vitamin C inhibits the conversion of nitrite to nitrosamines. From what I understand, it's not nitrosamines that cause methemoglobinemia and I also couldn't find any source that would claim that. Am I missing something?
Also, on that website in the comments, the claim is being shown to be only partially correct, depending on the presence of lipides.

Drinking orange juice caused the below failed SN attempt.

Jen0804Failed Feb 2019. Reason: mixing with orange juice (vitamin c cancels SN). Still became very ill. Still have minor health problems but I am alive[NOTE: Member suspects orange juice's vitamin C cancelled efficacy of SN.]

AsexualBarbieBoy said: "Are the health problems related to the Sn? If so, what are they?" REPLY: "Alopecia. Attempted in February, hair started coming out within that same week and continued until June. It's slowly growing back now, thank god. I'm female and of child-bearing age. My cycles stopped completely so I believe it can mess up hormones/endocrine - not sure about long term fertility or male fertility etc. Immediately after taking it and the whole two weeks after, my kidneys and bowels just werent functioning - I also couldn't feel hunger. I ate an apple and two bites of a hospital sandwich for a whole week or so (drank as normal) but I was so not hungry. There you have it, those are my long term symptoms from s n failure. Not so severe but still a pain."

Source; https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OKnH260kpVBA9_o3_hpvmLW5sdhemQ-d8GC9GwTP2i8/mobilebasic

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
D

Dark-Knight

Student
Feb 18, 2023
That's how I understand it. Yes, hospital, you may also need oxygen support via breathing mask.

Well, it takes a lot more time if methyleneblue pills first have to be dissolved in your stomach while you may already be weak / unconscious and the SN won't stop working at the same time.
I understand. Also what's afaik methylene blue? You mentioned it in your previous reply. Is it a different type of methylene blue?

P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
I understand. Also what's afaik methylene blue? You mentioned it in your previous reply. Is it a different type of methylene blue?
AFAIK = As far as I know

D

Dark-Knight

Student
Feb 18, 2023
AFAIK = as far as I know

I understand, I didn't use that acronym much

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Drinking orange juice caused the below failed SN attempt.
There are also accounts of failed attempt due to vodka and other alcoholic beverages. Surely that doesn't mean vodka counteracts the effects of SN?

L

losing hope

Arcanist
Apr 27, 2022
There are also accounts of failed attempt due to vodka and other alcoholic beverages. Surely that doesn't mean vodka counteracts the effects of SN?

Care to share those accounts then?

THe definition of "counteract" is act against (something) in order to reduce its force or neutralize it. So does Vodka have a chemical which is known to COUNTERACT SN then? AFAIK Alcohol poisons the body so doesn't counteract SN. Basically causing the person more sickness NOT less sickness.

In my previously posted account, that member suspected it was the orange juice's vitamin C which cancelled the efficacy of SN. Not that they merely vomitted due to drinking to much booze. Which is basically what you've suggested, and in my view very misleading. Because this orange juice talk came about as something to help recover after a failed SN attempt. Are you therefore suggesting that after a failed SN attempt one should down a bottle of Vodka to offset the SN drunken the night before?

Because I WILL be having a bottle of orange juice next to me in case I do fail SN. As has been said around 3 times now, supported by 3 separate sources. It's the vitamin C in the Orange Juice that counter acts the SN;

Usually, vitamin C converts nitrite into nitric oxide, thus inhibiting the formation of nitrosamines.

Last edited:
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023

THe definition of "counteract" is act against (something) in order to reduce its force or neutralize it. So does Vodka have a chemical which is known to COUNTERACT SN then? AFAIK Alcohol poisons the body so doesn't counteract SN. Basically causing the person more sickness NOT less sickness.

In my previously posted account, that member suspected it was the orange juice's vitamin C which cancelled the efficacy of SN. Not that they merely vomitted due to drinking to much booze. Which is basically what you've suggested, and in my view very misleading. Because this orange juice talk came about as something to help recover after a failed SN attempt. Are you therefore suggesting that after a failed SN attempt one should down a bottle of Vodka to offset the SN drunken the night before?

Because I WILL be having a bottle of orange juice next to me in case I do fail SN. As has been said around 3 times now, supported by 3 separate sources. It's the vitamin C in the Orange Juice that counter acts the SN;

since you are suggesting to rely on orange juice and referenced a user that suspected the cause of their attempt to be having drank orange juice, it was my way of asking if we should keep a bottle of booze just incase since there are users that owed their failure to having drank alcohol.

The report you sourced talks about prevention of carcinogens caused by the overtime consumption of cured meat. Nothing about high dose SN poisoning and the effects of that in relation of drinking orange juice.

Yarani

Yarani

When I deserve it the least, I need love the most.
Mar 29, 2024

To me it looks like vitamin C does inhibit the nitrous oxide forming, but only when lipids are present. Where would the lipids have come from? There's a tiny amount in OJ, but is that even enough to make an impact? I'm not seeking to antagonize anyone, just trying to understand. Also yes, she said she thought it was the orange juice, but in a later post said it might have been dosage, but I didn't find any elaboration on that on her part. Also she prepared the SN in water 48hrs beforehand and I'm not sure about the effects in case it wasn't stored in a closed bottle/vial. I'm not good with chemistry, maybe someone can help me understand. So far with my limited understanding, it doesn't look very reliable to me.
Ok I'm sorry, maybe I should just disengage, don't want to annoy anyone and I'm only a few minutes away from the next hospital anyway. I like to understand things and sometimes get carried away it seems.

Reactions: losing hope
L

losing hope

Arcanist
Apr 27, 2022
since you are suggesting to rely on orange juice and referenced a user that suspected the cause of their attempt to be having drank orange juice, it was my way of asking if we should keep a bottle of booze just incase since there are users that owed their failure to having drank alcohol.

No I don't suggest having a bottle of Vodka straight after a failed SN attempt. Nor does that sound like a remotely good idea in my opinion.

The report you sourced talks about prevention of carcinogens caused by the overtime consumption of cured meat. Nothing about high dose SN poisoning and the effects of that in relation of drinking orange juice.

But @Jen0804 report does. And since you or no one else has provided any evidence suggesting she is wrong. That together with my other sources confirming "vitamin C converts nitrite into nitric oxide," tells any sensible person all they need to know on this.

Funnily enough governments don't pay their scientists to check whether Orange juice offsets SN. Perhaps they have more important issues like curing cancer & climate change ;-)

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
No I don't suggest having a bottle of Vodka straight after a failed SN attempt. Nor does that sound like a remotely good idea in my opinion.

But @Jen0804 report does. And since you or no one else has provided any evidence suggesting she is wrong. That together with my other sources confirming "vitamin C converts nitrite into nitric oxide," tells any sensible person all they need to know on this.

Funnily enough governments don't pay their scientists to check whether Orange juice offsets SN. Perhaps they have more important issues like curing cancer & climate change ;-)
But you also haven't provided any evidence that vodka wouldn't help me if I changed my mind. And the government hasn't funded for any research on that matter either sooo who is to say that it wouldn't be a good idea?

L

losing hope

Arcanist
Apr 27, 2022
To me it looks like vitamin C does inhibit the nitrous oxide forming, but only when lipids are present. Where would the lipids have come from? There's a tiny amount in OJ, but is that even enough to make an impact? I'm not seeking to antagonize anyone, just trying to understand. Also yes, she said she thought it was the orange juice, but in a later post said it might have been dosage, but I didn't find any elaboration on that on her part. Also she prepared the SN in water 48hrs beforehand and I'm not sure about the effects in case it wasn't stored in a closed bottle/vial. I'm not good with chemistry, maybe someone can help me understand. So far with my limited understanding, it doesn't look very reliable to me.
Ok I'm sorry, maybe I should just disengage, don't want to annoy anyone and I'm only a few minutes away from the next hospital anyway. I like to understand things and sometimes get carried away it seems.

Cool and happy to have a good debate with anyone who is interested in searching for the truth. Don't care who is proven right or wrong. You sound like you might be such a chap.

I don't want to get bogged down in the science. But whenever I've drunk OJ or taken vitamin C after a night out either on booze or drugs I instantly feel better. Try it yourself and see what you find.

I also remember a girl on here who thought she was ctb'ing with SN but it turned out to be Pro-Cure Sodium NitirAte. Her thread ran I think from Xmas 2022 to new years day 2023 IIRC and she posted photos of herself (a 20 something blonde girl). I think she said she felt better after drinking OJ. If I can find the thread I'll post it here as more proof.