• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
By consequences I mean how people react rather than the physical damage done. What are people likely to do if you attempt suicide? To give context, I have no real history of suicide attempts and nobody suspects that I'm suicidal. I also have no diagnosis for mental illness. I'm under 20 and living with parents. Can there be serious effects on my life if I fail at suicide? Would some kind of treatment be mandatory?

Reactions: ssaaahmo, madbananas and Sad_Autistic_boy_101
Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

When I die, you'll love me.
Nov 19, 2019
Speaking from personal experiences. It made the relationship with my family worse. They told me I was selfish and ungrateful when all I wanted was for them to listen to me for once. I lost the trust of a lot of people and I had to have someone by my side for months. Recently I had an attempt which only my therapist knows about it and made her help me more so it's a tricky balance of what is going to happen. It will also depend on your countries rules. For UK it is near impossible to get sectioned. I was sent home after my attempt and that was it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, BeeLoyal, autumnal and 1 other person
LMLN

LMLN

Paragon
Aug 10, 2019
Everyone was very angry with me. They have lost trust in me. Disappointed in me is what they said.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, autumnal and madbananas
T

Train

Apr 7, 2020
since I attempted, my mother despises me and the rest of my family doesn't speak to me.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331 and LMLN
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I think every situation is different, I can't say how people around me react, as in my eyes they are no different, in laws are still distinct and don't understand, my brother and sister where there then there was attention but soon lost interest, friends soon ran off as they realised it was a true situation and not attention seeking,
People not in this place are weird,

watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
they denied it. I had a red mark around my neck and they didnt even notice it. other evidence aswell like my 'setup' still in my bedroom. if thats not denial I don't know what it is.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheDoomedDoomer and peacefully31425
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
Speaking from personal experiences. It made the relationship with my family worse. They told me I was selfish and ungrateful when all I wanted was for them to listen to me for once. I lost the trust of a lot of people and I had to have someone by my side for months. Recently I had an attempt which only my therapist knows about it and made her help me more so it's a tricky balance of what is going to happen. It will also depend on your countries rules. For UK it is near impossible to get sectioned. I was sent home after my attempt and that was it.
I was sectioned for 3 months and didn't even make an attempt on my life, how odd.

Reactions: Sad_Autistic_boy_101
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
How does that work?
They just thought I was unwell, I don't know. I'm diagnosed with bipolar. But it doesn't seem to make sense that someone declaring suicidality won't get sectioned and I did.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
They just thought I was unwell, I don't know. I'm diagnosed with bipolar. But it doesn't seem to make sense that someone declaring suicidality won't get sectioned and I did.
Based on this I'm loosely assuming that diagnosed mental illness may increase the chance of being sectioned. I do live in the UK and I don't hear of lots of people being sectioned here, so I'm hoping this won't be an issue.
I think every situation is different, I can't say how people around me react, as in my eyes they are no different, in laws are still distinct and don't understand, my brother and sister where there then there was attention but soon lost interest, friends soon ran off as they realised it was a true situation and not attention seeking,
People not in this place are weird,
Agreed, people that don't understand the suicidal mindset react strangely at times. It's hard to predict what may happen.
Everyone was very angry with me. They have lost trust in me. Disappointed in me is what they said.
When I self harmed in the past my parents reacted similarly. That has long since faded from their minds, but at the time they reacted with what I would almost call disgust. It wasn't pleasant at all, I felt like I had to feel guilty for feeling sad.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, peacefully31425, LMLN and 1 other person
FluffyDove

FluffyDove

Experienced
May 11, 2020
My dad told me if i wanted to die so badly, he'd drive me to Beachy Head (a cliff nearby) himself...

• Wow
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: theSuiCiDalCupCaKe, Deleted member 17331, madbananas and 2 others
M

madbananas

Wizard
Apr 29, 2020
By consequences I mean how people react rather than the physical damage done. What are people likely to do if you attempt suicide? To give context, I have no real history of suicide attempts and nobody suspects that I'm suicidal. I also have no diagnosis for mental illness. I'm under 20 and living with parents. Can there be serious effects on my life if I fail at suicide? Would some kind of treatment be mandatory?

My ability to work has been investigated which was a very emotionally invasive process, absolutely no compassion.
People who supposedly cared about me and who would Previously be friendly with me have ghosted me. Even been blocked on social media by people. Then ones who ghosted me but didn't block me continue to rub it in my face by indirectly praising themselves on social media for their kindness, even though it's complete hypocrisy considering what they've done to me.
People love bombing me briefly but then disappearing.
Being patronised and treated like a baby.
My mum also basically put me on her own unofficial suicide watch for weeks.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Meowkin, Fedrea, Deleted member 17331 and 1 other person
CalmStrikeofMercy

CalmStrikeofMercy

Detatched Observer.
Dec 8, 2019
In my experience yes. You would go to an involuntary hold for at least 72 hours. Then assessed, drugged, and stabilized. You are then put on a least restrictive order where you go to an auxiliary care unit. You lose your right to own a gun.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 17331 and taylor321
Deleted member 17331

Deleted member 17331

The swan sang with a broken neck
Apr 21, 2020
Well, I've tried suicide many times. Even before I became an adult and my family never cared.

In my teenage years, my mother pretended to care, just to avoid being arrested and losing people's admiration. On the eve of my 18th birthday, I attempted suicide again. When I was in the hospital bed, my mother told me that she could have problems because when I tried to commit suicide I was still 17 years old and she could have complications and go to jail. And that I made her feel ashamed, because I tried to commit suicide at home, which made the neighbors' attention and many people find out. In short, she only cared about her image that was falling apart.

But I remember always being obligatorily hospitalized (I'm from Brazil). Besides, I was considered a joke and an embarrassment to doctors. Including psychologists and psychiatrists. I was also very afraid of the nurses, who treated me as if I were an object without feelings.

After I left the psychiatric clinic, much of my privacy was taken away. Because of course, my mom couldn't be ashamed again.

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Lost trust in what, you staying alive?
Did they even try to understand your situation?

To answer OP,
They may start to slowly push you out of their lives so that when you do succeed, they won't be as hurt or feel as guilty. Basically, you will become a bad investment.

Last edited:
I

iquitcountingstars

Apr 27, 2020
since I attempted, my mother despises me and the rest of my family doesn't speak to me.
I've heard this experience so much on here and it's so insane to me. You would think after an attempt your family would want to get closer to you. Truly despicable IMO