xMacy

xMacy

Jul 14, 2019
I have 3 bearded dragons, 2 leopard geckos, 1 iguana and 1 ball python. They make leaving harder for me. What about you?

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Circles, woxihuanni, Soul and 6 others
N

NotOfThisEarth

Jul 5, 2019
Yes. I lost 2 of my fur babies in March. Now Im down to 1 and am waiting to go after her, she's 16. I will not do it with her here. If I do & she's still living, I will go in my car or hotel. I would never traumatize her:((

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Circles, mrscat, marcusuk63 and 3 others
lastNamePicked

lastNamePicked

Apr 3, 2019
im an irresponsible, self-centered fuck that would never take care of any living creature. that makes leaving much easier for me lol
you have a very interesing set of exotic animals on your hand that probably require intensive care. I hope you can find (a) good caretaker(s) in case you actually decide to leave.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, woxihuanni, 262653 and 1 other person
Lennox

Lennox

No alarms, and no surprises...
Jul 21, 2019
I don't have any currently. But I do love animals, specially dogs.

• Love
Reactions: Circles, charlie_z, woxihuanni and 2 others
B

bLack_miLk

Filth.
Jul 30, 2019
Sadly I do not own any. I used to grow up with lots of dogs and various kinds of animals. I would not think, that if I was seriously planning to commit suicide, I would be held back by the ownership of a pet, a dog or whatever it might be... I would just take care of it. I would make sure, the doggy is taken care of and then do it without having my pet around.

Reactions: Circles and aspx
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
I am owned by a cat.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Circles, SoupSnakes, charlie_z and 8 others
W

Willdiesoon

May 22, 2019
I have 2 cats... male 11 y old and female 8 y old... got them both when they were kitties. Yes they are the reason i'm still here.

• Love
Reactions: Circles, charlie_z, mrscat and 7 others
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
I don't believe sentient beings should be "owned". I have to be very careful never to interact with animals because they bond with me instantly and I can't stand the sadness in their eyes when I can't commit to keeping them. I do my best to find them good homes but never as good as mine. I especially have to avoid stray cats because they attach to me and it's very very hard to reject them, but I have my own problems, all that oxytocin and obligation suffocates me, even though I love them.

• Love
Reactions: Circles, charlie_z, Soul and 4 others
xMacy

xMacy

Jul 14, 2019
im an irresponsible, self-centered fuck that would never take care of any living creature. that makes leaving much easier for me lol
you have a very interesing set of exotic animals on your hand that probably require intensive care. I hope you can find (a) good caretaker(s) in case you actually decide to leave.
That's why I have such a hard time deciding to go. I know they will be out in homes, but whether or not their care will surpass mine is questionable and I fear they will be neglected or mistreated after I'm gone

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Circles, Soul, NotOfThisEarth and 2 others
thedutchguy

thedutchguy

Slowly drowing
Jun 5, 2019
Got a American Bully pup 26 weeks old now. 2 cats age 9. They have influenced my decision in same way.

If got a life insurance, so in my last will I putted money on then for a forever home. All got €500.00 each to cover veterinary Bills in the future only would be payed out to a forever home.

My puppy will go to my best friend. His female English terrier goes great with my puppy so he got a good forever home. Plus my friend does get a reminder of me he loves my puppy to the bone.

Cats would go to family as I can for see my family dynamic. I got a description of all pets on what they do like, character, allergies etc. If family don't take them the shelter does got all information on them to give them a proper home.

They have hold me back a little, but couldn't hold back the will to CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, charlie_z, oopswronglife and 1 other person
TheDevilsAngel

TheDevilsAngel

LetMeFree
Apr 22, 2019
I own one dog and i do love her but she does not even come into consideration on me wanting to ctb, im more concerned for my children im sure the dog will be ok and go to family.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, Lennox and Beautifulletdown
Tabbyql

Tabbyql

Chronic people pleaser
Mar 13, 2019
A 5 year old lab x and 18 month old beagle. They are the only thing that has made it hard to leave. My lab as problems from being mistreated by her last owner. So needs alot of patience and love. She occasionally as an accident as she gets scared by alot of things. So I worry what will happen to them when I'm gone. I love them so much.

Reactions: Circles and oopswronglife
Saga

Saga

In my memories a smiling me doesn't exist
Jul 20, 2019
I used to have a cat, I had to leave him behind when i got kicked out of the house,he was always there, especially when I was really depressed, at night when he knew I was crying he would be sleeping on my pillow and when I wake up he would be licking my eyes..I miss him so much, and before I always had to worry if I ctb because of him but now I dont but I do miss him dearly

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Circles, mrscat, oopswronglife and 4 others
A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
2 years ago I still had 3 wild cats and 2 great danes. I lived in a house lost in the countryside with lots of land, so they were free to go as they please
I didn't own them, we were more like an happy family living together, the cats could totally survive on their own if needed since they born wild, the dogs were a bit more dependant on me but at least they were free to go outside all day long

then I had to move and couldn't stand the thought of seeing such beautiful animals in an appartment, the cats would have died and the dogs would have been so unhappy, so I carefully chose the new tenant, making sure he would take care of them.
for me animals belong to the place and not to the person

Reactions: Circles, oopswronglife, Lennox and 1 other person
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
The family just got a new dog so that is kinda making me a little bit happy but you know things are the same so it doesn't affect me that much.

Reactions: Circles, oopswronglife and Lennox
Beautifulletdown

Beautifulletdown

Brightburn
Jul 6, 2019
I have two cats. Sitka and Zoey, they use to be the reason for me to stay but living is too hard. I love them with all my heart and hope that they'll be okay when I ctb.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, oopswronglife and Lennox
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I have two cats. Sitka and Zoey, they use to be the reason for me to stay but living is too hard. I love them with all my heart and hope that they'll be okay when I ctb.

Please do more than hope - please give them to someone you know will give them a good home. You can say you've developed a health condition that makes it too hard to take proper care of them.

My two cats do affect my plans; I want to die before they do because I couldn't bear to deal with their deaths. My sister's 20-year-old cat had to be put to sleep yesterday - he just had too many things wrong and was so tired of being poked and tested. My sister and I have been crying our eyes out ever since. Love and light to Isaac

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Circles, Lennox and xMacy
Beautifulletdown

Beautifulletdown

Brightburn
Jul 6, 2019
Please do more than hope - please give them to someone you know will give them a good home. You can say you've developed a health condition that makes it too hard to take proper care of them.

My two cats do affect my plans; I want to die before they do because I couldn't bear to deal with their deaths. My sister's 20-year-old cat had to be put to sleep yesterday - he just had too many things wrong and was so tired of being poked and tested. My sister and I have been crying our eyes out ever since. Love and light to Isaac

I know they'll be taken care. I have family and a friend who will make sure they are okay. I can only hope they will take care of them the way I do.

I'm very sorry about your sister's cat. I know it's hard to lose a pet. I'm sure Issac is in a better place. Playing with an endless amount of cat toys.

• Aww..
Reactions: Circles, Lennox and Soul
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
My cat is 15, and she is a big part of why I'm still here. She's known me her whole life, and I know from experience she'll miss me a lot. I feel terrible doing that to her.
My family will take her, so I know she'll have a good home, but she won't like being away from me. The last time she had to be, she went on a hunger strike, and that worries me.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Circles, NotOfThisEarth, Lennox and 1 other person
E

EmptySteph62

Student
Aug 4, 2019
I have 4 cats and they are definitely a huge part of why I haven't done it yet. The thought of them not understanding where I went or wondering why I never came back absolutely breaks me.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Circles, NotOfThisEarth, Lennox and 1 other person
Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
Have 2 male cats. One is 9 years old and the other is 6.
I consider myself a real animal lover and i don't mind having a little dirtier house because of them and i also continue to love petting and kissing them despite them being adult cats (unlike those people that only pay attention to animals while they are small).
And i don't intend to ctb before they have left this world.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Circles, xMacy and Lennox
Pistolero114

Pistolero114

Veteran
Jun 25, 2019
I have my pitbull mix Baxter. He's two. And he owns me. The most lovable persona; dumber than a box of rocks. Wouldn't trade him for the world. Have a good place to send him when I CTB.

Reactions: Circles, xMacy and Lennox
CareOfCell44

CareOfCell44

Jul 26, 2019
I have a dog, technically it's not mine even though I trained, named him, and spend the most time with him. I know he'll be alright after ctb but I also know he'll miss me when I dont come back. I've heard some dogs will stop eating when their owner dies, highly unlikely bit I hope it doesn't happen with him.

Reactions: Circles
Pistolero114

Pistolero114

Veteran
Jun 25, 2019
I have a dog, technically it's not mine even though I trained, named him, and spend the most time with him. I know he'll be alright after ctb but I also know he'll miss me when I dont come back. I've heard some dogs will stop eating when their owner dies, highly unlikely bit I hope it doesn't happen with him.
:aw:

W

wendydong1

Experienced
Jul 31, 2019
i have a 5 lb little long haired chihuahua that I rescued from an long island animal shelter since he's about 6 yr old. The vet estimated his age by looking at his teeth. I think the vet may have over estimated his age because his teeth is naturally bad. He's now 14 yr old about... I will probably leave him with my old old parents, who are about 80 years old. Not sure if it's a good idea or not.. My parents are with him 6 months out of year, and when they are with me, they care for my dog. So my dog is pretty close to them. But never as close as he's to me..

But my parents would need to take him back to china where they live. The quality of life for a dog over there is just not as good as in the US.. the quality of air, cleaness... My dog also has to take a long ass flight to china. He did a round trip from US to china when he was like 10 years old, but I took great care of him. bought a fake emotional dog certificate, and flew to an airport without any quarantine facilities. I am worried how my old parents going to handle take my dog back to china, consider that they gonna be devastated when i die.

I know, i am such a bad person, leaving an old dog and old parents to deal with the trauma.. but i just can't do it anymore

Ky204

Ky204

Sep 3, 2019
I have a cat named Brody and a bull mastiff named Charlie, they're the only reason I haven't completely lost it yet honestly.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Cat as pictured. He tried biting me today though so I just thought fuck him

Biblica89

Biblica89

Jul 31, 2019
I have a cat and a turtle and I know I need to find them homes before I go because I need to know that whoever has them after me will care for them as I have.

JulienSorel

JulienSorel

Aug 28, 2019
My dog is actually one of my bigger obstacles in this whole endeavor.

But once she jumps off the bed, she can't get back on. I think if I mail a letter to a family about the suicide, she'll have just enough food by the time they discover my body. If I keep some food on some ice blocks that could work.

charlie_z

charlie_z

Student
Apr 30, 2018
I am owned by a cat.
I hate the concept of 'owning' a living, sentient creature, but I absolutely agree that our four-legged friends own us.
I don't believe sentient beings should be "owned". I have to be very careful never to interact with animals because they bond with me instantly and I can't stand the sadness in their eyes when I can't commit to keeping them. I do my best to find them good homes but never as good as mine. I especially have to avoid stray cats because they attach to me and it's very very hard to reject them, but I have my own problems, all that oxytocin and obligation suffocates me, even though I love them.
Wow! I feel the same way about our four-legged friends. When I had the means and was in better health, I shared my home with several doggies. They made life so much more bearable. But it is a massive responsibility. and now that I'm sick, I work very hard at not taking in a new furry friend just to have my needs met. Thank you for being a good, conscientious person.
She occasionally as an accident as she gets scared by alot of things. So I worry what will happen to them when I'm gone. I love them so much.
This made me cry. So beautifully loving of you. Thank you for caring.

Last edited: