AkaRed

AkaRed

Come on! Let’s go, we’ll make our future together.
Apr 20, 2023
I don't even know if I want to recover. I can't tell. I have zero desire to throw away my blades, or drop smoking. I want to let myself sink further, and push a little more until I can take the next step.
I'm the opposite to a lot of people here in that I'm quite open about my mental struggles. I can flash my cut arm at someone and talk about it like it's any other hobby. Does it freak the fuck out of people? Yeah, but I kind of want it to.

Because I know they'll forget about it in literally a matter of hours.

It's not like I can blame them either. It's not their responsibility to stay permanently worried about my existence or anything- but it always leaves me in this state of loneliness.

Because at the end of the day? I am absolutely nothing but temporary.

Whether it be now or in 80+ years. I really hope it isn't the latter sometimes.

I'm going to cut again. Probably soon- and on my leg this time. But unlike before, I won't say anything. I'll let it silently build up, just bide my time and give into any minor urges I have. It's not like it's hard to hide. Nobody will notice a single thing, because they stop looking so soon after. Even though they KNOW I'm struggling. That I'm tearing myself apart. If I don't shove it in their faces, they don't actually care. It's all such a damn lie.

Reactions: CyVir and imissmykitten
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
we are alone because we are enslaved in awful shit i mean the slow speed of communicating and our consciousness can only have one thread of thought going on at once, plus don't you think it's boring how people talk, i am a programmer out of all the people i've meet during my lifetime not one of them as been a programmer people just equal shit imo far better to be alone

Lamentice

Lamentice

Sayonara
Mar 27, 2023
People don't actually care, it's 100% true. In this society, selflessness doesn't exist in a true form. Every desire is born of selfish motives, including ones that appear kind or even destructively selfless at face value. Most people aren't willing to acknowledge that the majority of the world's population are closer to being sociopathic with limited compassion. They don't want to acknowledge it because they are part of that greater majority. Most expressions of love we see aren't rooted in real love at all, they're unspoken transactions. There's not a word dark & depressing enough to describe the horrific dystopia we live in.

I don't believe it's the natural or destined state. Humans have the resources & ability to create a community based, compassionate, equitable, and caring world where people's needs are met with extra, safety & stability are guaranteed, creativity & art celebrated and encouraged, and no one suffering or rotting in loneliness. It's definitely possible, but it's still not likely to become a reality. Instead [most] everyone feeds into a corrupt ideal of individualism: making it on your own, solving your own problems, minding your own business, etc. Everything on your own, and if you can't manage on your own then you're the problem--a burden, a broken being, considered disabled or ill. Not because you actually are, but because you don't fit the one mold society demands must be fit in order to be considered functioning, productive, and useful. And [most] everyone pays into it--they boast about overcoming obstacles on their own, it's an achievement to do things alone, it's a source of pride. They believe they're better for it. But because [most] everyone wants to do everything alone, it means everyone's exhausted. They've exhausted their emotional resources, they're mental resources, and their physical resources to go about life & all challenges by themselves. They won't admit how harmful it is to themselves because they're conditioned to find pride & value in being "independent". We're in a circular cycle (and it's exactly what many people in power want: if you keep the masses weak & dismantle real community, you decrease the chances of them organizing & fighting you back). Even for those who don't worship individualism, we don't really have another choice.

"I understand, it's no one else's responsibility to help me but mine, or care about my issues. I can't expect them to do x, y, z, when they have their own struggles & life. It's selfish." That's not normal, this isn't normal, and that's why despite saying that it hurts so fucking much. Humans are community based, that is our nature, without it we will (and are) collapsing into our own ruin. It is others responsibility to care about you, and you them. But it's been disrupted & ruined by greedy sadists who want misery, suffering, and harm so they can have power, control, and privilege.

Imagine a world where everyone receives and gives help & support to one another. We wouldn't all be so tired & alone... Individualism/independence is a toxin. To survive everyone has adopted inhumane world views that result in extreme (yet normalized) torture & violence. We should all be providing for each other, but we veered so far from this that even the mention & thought of everyone providing for one another is considered outlandish & even dangerous.

Sorry, I know I really fixated on that one point you made. But it's just to say--people should care about you, and worry about you, and think about you. And in a natural world, they would.

Reactions: charky
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I just think that most people are just so concerned with their own existence and are focused with that, they cannot experience the suffering of others so they don't see it as being their problem, humans are very self centred and I certainly do think that we are all alone. We are only waiting to cease existing where eventually we will all be forgotten about and likely won't even exist in the memories of those who continue to stay here, it's the reality.