E

emma99

Student
Jul 31, 2024
So something i have yet to see mentioned on this forum yet.
is the weather conditions for CTB

more specifically in relation to Inert Gas.

I think came across something in one of the books which touched on this
which in some ways conflicts statistical data of the height of suicides.

Not sure if people know or not. But July and August are the highest times for suicide.
Not really the est time for cool weather, which is suggested for the inert gas method

andreamysk

andreamysk

Student
Jun 29, 2024
Scientific journals often publish research that is "in fashion" because it will be easier to get funding: climate change has been a trend topic for years now (rightly so) and I have read several articles that tried to correlate the increase in temperature and the increase in suicides. However, despite some recent weak correlations found in some age groups (young and old) and in any case the marked variability in different geographical areas, suicide peaks tend to be found in spring (possible hormonal causes, related to the variation in exposure to light, or psycho-social: start of the season with greater school and work pressures, or time for new beginnings but spoiled by the 'broken promise effect') with secondary peaks, in some countries, in autumn.
Source: "Seasonality of suicide: a multi-country multi-community observational study"

If we instead move from actual suicides to suicidal thoughts (including self-harm), seasonality seems to be maximum in winter and minimum in summer (at least having the US, UK and Canada as a reference sample). Weekly trend: peaks at the beginning of the week. Daily trend: peaks during the night hours.
Source: "Suicidality and mood: the impact of trends, seasons, day of the week, and time of day on explicit and implicit cognitions among an online community sample" https://www.nature.com/articles/s41398-023-02434-1