• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019
The advice from A is flimsy and unhelpful and only serves to cloud the issue rather than give any tangible information, for example "mix with orange juice" has long been disregarded and rightly so, it's contrary to all other advice and should not be given greater weight than anything else purely because he knows how to kill a cat via injection.
This gave me the funny visual of making a cat drink orange juice.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Morpheus
Morpheus

Morpheus

Student
Dec 3, 2018
@Chinaski The orange juice thing won't fly. I won't be doing that. He shouldn't be dismissed outright because he's a supplier. When I need an answer and there are many contradictory, convoluted, often BS answers, he's breaking a tie. Vets do much more than inject cats.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Minudah
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
@Chinaski The orange juice thing won't fly. I won't be doing that. He shouldn't be dismissed outright because he's a supplier. When I need an answer and there are many contradictory, convoluted, often BS answers, he's breaking a tie. Vets do much more than inject cats.

He shouldn't be pedestalised just because he's a supplier either. His experience of ctb via N ingestion is very likely to be no greater than that of anyone else; this is precisely why this forum would not benefit from people pretending to be doctors and posting their premium-quality advice.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Johnnythefox, goxua and 1 other person
cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019
Most doctors are vehemently against suicide and will participate in detaining suicidal people against their will. Plus if they ever got caught giving advice on this forum their life might be ruined. But I agree it would be nice to have a doctor on here to ask questions.
Their life would be ruined if they got caught giving any advice on any forum, even if it's a Facebook reply to a friend who's asking whether they have a cold or flu. Doctors can't give medical advice without establishing a formal patient relationship. That's why all of the medical blogs have the lawyer-composed fine print that "this is not medical advice".

P

Psilo

Arcanist
Dec 29, 2018
As y'all probably know by now I'm planning on CTBing with taxine poisoning (taxus baccata, yew tree) and luckily for me I found alot of medical studies talking about how they treat their patient. Meaning only those who were saved or went by themself in the hospital, some were saved others not. Thanks to one study i had the minimal lethal dose that could be life threatening.

I'm sure if you look more into your method, you'll find some studies. But just to be clear 90% is written with medical jargon, so you'll probably not understand much. But i got enough so to say.

Reactions: PDAnnie2610 and Lifeisatrap
Morpheus

Morpheus

Student
Dec 3, 2018
I don't want anyone here pretending to be a doctor, either. Of course, real doctors are wise enough (let's hope) not to risk everything by posting here. I could stand more educated responses, less BS, less "Whats N"?, no more disheartening "this won't work because a fly may land on your poison" type posts. It's become a mishmash of ridiculousness.

Reactions: Jupiter and Lifeisatrap
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
@cornflowerblue , not suggesting they give medical advice. And they are anonymous anyway. The perspective can be useful. I wouldn't mind a few doctors commenting on the advice of 'doctor' Nitschke, for example.

Reactions: MorsVoluntaria and Lifeisatrap
cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019
@cornflowerblue , not suggesting they give medical advice. And they are anonymous anyway. The perspective can be useful. I wouldn't mind a few doctors commenting on the advice of 'doctor' Nitschke, for example.
From the eyes of the law, licensure board, and the doctor's employer, very neutral non-advice comments could still be seen as providing medical advice without proper procedures. It comes down to legal definitions.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
Morpheus

Morpheus

Student
Dec 3, 2018
lol, we don't need Doctors, per see. Just smarter people.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, futur and cornflowerblue
cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019
lol, we don't need Doctors, per see. Just smarter people.
That would already be an improvement. I've seen comments here and there that violate the laws of physics or make no sense in terms of anatomy, biology, chemistry.

futur

futur

Mar 2, 2019
hm, such a big discussion in this thread and so much anger. I didn't even think that people im Internet are so mistrustful (ok i was always quite naive and thought that people say, what they actually mean) and specifically at this forum are so much distressed und frustrated due to a lack of objective information about suicide methods.

And I couldn't even imagine that it means so much for a physician to hide own identity on a such website. I guess there are a lot of people from USA and in the United States reigns somewhat different legal reality than in Europe. You may lose your license or insurance simply because of a depressed state. This is impossible where I live. We even have separate clinics where mainly physicians and medical stuff are treated. And the diagnosis of depression or acute suicidality does not mean the end of your career (although heavy addiction, alcoholism and psychotic disorders serve as a natural end of career, of course).

And a similar situation with the discussion of suicide. That in the US, that in Europe, suicide is not a crime and is a man's free action (an unsuccessful attempt is essentially "criminal" and ends with involuntary hospitalization, I have to admit it. Read the book "Suicide Prohibition: The Shame of Medicine" by Thomas Szasz). As long as we do not incline a person to take a decision, this is not punishable (our forum prohibits doing this anyway). The direct help is still in "gray zone".

Last edited:
Reactions: Never Free and Lifeisatrap
futur

futur

Mar 2, 2019
A part of the article "Physicians suicide" on Medscape.com

«Licensure concerns
Medical licensure applications and renewal applications frequently require answers to broad-based, time-unlimited questions regarding the physician's mental health history without regard to current impairment, and courts have determined that they are impermissible, because the resultant examinations and restrictions constitute discrimination under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) based on stereotypes. [44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 42, 49] However, impermissibly broad parameters still persist in almost half of all licensure applications' mental health questions. [50]

Most states have physician health programs that may or may not be associated with the medical licensing authority, and many have regulations that allow a physician enrolled in a physician health program who is compliant with treatment to check "no" on the mental health questions on licensure applications. However, physicians who are contemplating or in need of treatment are almost universally unaware of such "safe harbor" provisions.

Most physicians assume that any state agency or treating physician will share confidential information about them to the licensing authority. [51] Additionally, any lack of disclosure on an employment or credentialing application can be cited as grounds for termination or decredentialing.»

Insurance concerns
Discrimination in obtaining insurance coverage is a common, but little publicized problem for physicians with mental illness. Health, disability, life, and liability insurance may all be denied to a physician who admits to depression.

Even if disability insurance has previously been procured, its use may subject physicians to repeated humiliating and invasive examinations by detached and dubious "independent medical examiners" for the insurer, whose motivation is to cut company losses. Many physicians affected by mental illness feel that insurers expect them to adhere to the standard prescription "physician, heal thyself."

F

Final_frontier

Student
Feb 23, 2019
It is not feasible for 'ordinary mortals' to truly cut open the carotid artery. According to my sources the human body has lots of mechanisms to reduce blood loss, and the human body can continue to 'live' after 40 to 50 % of blood loss. So unless you're immune to pain, a no go.
I'm sorry to say your sources are very wrong. The average human has about 5 litres of blood. Any loss more than a litre will result in shock and if not corrected with adequate fluid replacement is likely to lead to death. With every pint of blood lost, your blood pressure drops and you need blood pressure to maintain tissue perfusion. Compensatory mechanisms like vasoconstriction to increase BP will hold up only for a certain amount of time. The heart begins beating faster and harder (chronotropic and inotropic effect) but very soon this becomes a downward spiral increasing the rate of blood loss. And you say, one can lose 50% of blood and remain alright? Then, I'd like to know why one is not allowed to donate half of his blood LOL.
However, I agree that severing one's own carotid is extremely difficult but doing it to another person is relatively easy. That's how many executions are made and beef are slaughtered here.

Reactions: NoDream
F

Final_frontier

Student
Feb 23, 2019
I live in India, and I don't have law enforcement 24x7 behind my ass unlike you poor Americans (unless I'm stupid enough to post something on social media/Facebook). Maybe, that's the trade off that I get for living in a third world shithole. I don't run the risk of losing licensure. The medical council personnel are not lurking on SS to identify suicidal medical people to kick them out, and they probably don't have the resources to track someone down. The internet is my place to vent as much as I want anonymously and I feel so sorry for the paranoid privacy obsessed people here who don't share my luxury.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Pulpit2018, Trulysorry and 1 other person
futur

futur

Mar 2, 2019
I live in India, and I don't have law enforcement 24x7 behind my ass unlike you poor Americans (unless I'm stupid enough to post something on social media/Facebook). Maybe, that's the trade off that I get for living in a third world shithole. I don't run the risk of losing licensure. The medical council personnel are not lurking on SS to identify suicidal medical people to kick them out, and they probably don't have the resources to track someone down. The internet is my place to vent as much as I want anonymously and I feel so sorry for the paranoid privacy obsessed people here who don't share my luxury.

You couldn't say it better! I may be biased and I never lived in USA, but know few people, who worked there and of course have read a lot in the internet. And the more I hear, the more it looks like a third world country (third world country +NSA +you can be sued for any reason -social security). So I can understand, why the people are so paranoid here.

S

savagek

Jan 3, 2019
Dr Kevorkian

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Does anybody else think that this forum lacks physicians?
Watching that thread about SN,made realize that we lack professional opinions on suicide methods.
We need to get in contact with more doctors,who could advise us on the effectiveness of methods and how much pain is involved.

People try their own cocktails and methods without some professional to back it up and confirm it.
We wait for PPH to give us the answers.

What do you think?

Gawd yes. While I appreciate the reports this and other sites collect, especially about something this serious I'd like experts weighing in directly. Which is a major reason so many of us want self determination enshrined in law. Someone else tonight posted about feeling overwhelmed browsing through all the method threads here and elsewhere and about being physically inept and cognitively torpid (from depression...). It's like being in pain but needing surgery and having to read about procedures in preparation for performing on yourself. Works for some, but for many of us it's just too much. Add in the terror over the effects of failing and it can be downright terrifying.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Morpheus and Pulpit2018
W

Welcumtotherealworld

Student
Feb 12, 2019
Gawd yes. While I appreciate the reports this and other sites collect, especially about something this serious I'd like experts weighing in directly. Which is a major reason so many of us want self determination enshrined in law. Someone else tonight posted about feeling overwhelmed browsing through all the method threads here and elsewhere and about being physically inept and cognitively torpid (from depression...). It's like being in pain but needing surgery and having to read about procedures in preparation for performing on yourself. Works for some, but for many of us it's just too much. Add in the terror over the effects of failing and it can be downright terrifying.
Full suspension with a solid rope and a sturdy anchor point should never fail unless you're found. Then again I still haven't gotten a proper answer og whether or not you could possibly slip out of the slipknot or if you could wriggle yourself in a position where the pressure on your arteries would be relieved. I know that's a risk with partial, but I don't know about full.

Reactions: goxua and FTL.Wanderer
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Full suspension with a solid rope and a sturdy anchor point should never fail unless you're found. Then again I still haven't gotten a proper answer og whether or not you could possibly slip out of the slipknot or if you could wriggle yourself in a position where the pressure on your arteries would be relieved. I know that's a risk with partial, but I don't know about full.

Thanks for the details. I've never seriously considered suspension. Maybe I should. But the idea just makes me very anxious. Oh well.

W

Welcumtotherealworld

Student
Feb 12, 2019
Thanks for the details. I've never seriously considered suspension. Maybe I should. But the idea just makes me very anxious. Oh well.
How does it make you anxious? If the fact that your slowly being killed by blood getting cut off to your brain is stopping you then it's the same as pills. Almost all suicide methods involve cutting off blood to the brain some way or another.

Reactions: goxua
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
How does it make you anxious? If the fact that your slowly being killed by blood getting cut off to your brain is stopping you then it's the same as pills. Almost all suicide methods involve cutting off blood to the brain some way or another.

This seems like a reasonable claim, but the image of putting a rope around my neck and going through with the hanging simply doesn't appeal to me. I may not be able to explain it to another person, but I know what I do not want and hanging is among the methods I don't want to try. At least that's how I feel now. I feel the same about putting a bag over my head and sealing one end with a tube sticking into the bag. Interestingly enough, I don't have a problem with a shotgun in my mouth...

W

Welcumtotherealworld

Student
Feb 12, 2019
This seems like a reasonable claim, but the image of putting a rope around my neck and going through with the hanging simply doesn't appeal to me. I may not be able to explain it to another person, but I know what I do not want and hanging is among the methods I don't want to try. At least that's how I feel now. I feel the same about putting a bag over my head and sealing one end with a tube sticking into the bag. Interestingly enough, I don't have a problem with a shotgun in my mouth...
Shotgun to the mouth is actually more likely to fail than full suspension believe it or not. When a classic bird shot shell goes out the barrel of the gun it can actually get vortexed in a consealed space (your mouth). The energy escaping the barrel is gonna go for the softest and easiest exit (your face) and it's gonna bring the pellets out with it. I remember a paramedic explaining it to me under a video of some Chinese kid that had blown his face off.

Reactions: Minudah
W

Welcumtotherealworld

Student
Feb 12, 2019
Not to discredit any of the methods they are both extremely fatal and will kill you in 99% of the cases.

A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
I'm sorry to say your sources are very wrong. The average human has about 5 litres of blood. Any loss more than a litre will result in shock and if not corrected with adequate fluid replacement is likely to lead to death. With every pint of blood lost, your blood pressure drops and you need blood pressure to maintain tissue perfusion. Compensatory mechanisms like vasoconstriction to increase BP will hold up only for a certain amount of time. The heart begins beating faster and harder (chronotropic and inotropic effect) but very soon this becomes a downward spiral increasing the rate of blood loss. And you say, one can lose 50% of blood and remain alright? Then, I'd like to know why one is not allowed to donate half of his blood LOL.
However, I agree that severing one's own carotid is extremely difficult but doing it to another person is relatively easy. That's how many executions are made and beef are slaughtered here.

You may indeed go into shock (don't know) but as you state that's a loss of 20 % of blood volume.
I read that the body has many mechanisms to reduce blood loss.

In the end, a serious amount of blood loss will kill you but you may want to seek help, other people may want to help you, you have resources to 'protect' you ... if left alone in the wilderness, in the end disease, predators, dehydration or starvation would get you ...

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Shotgun to the mouth is actually more likely to fail than full suspension believe it or not. When a classic bird shot shell goes out the barrel of the gun it can actually get vortexed in a consealed space (your mouth). The energy escaping the barrel is gonna go for the softest and easiest exit (your face) and it's gonna bring the pellets out with it. I remember a paramedic explaining it to me under a video of some Chinese kid that had blown his face off.

This may be a statistically valid assertion but I still feel far more comfortable with the idea of using a shotgun. I just don't like and will not use hanging of any kind. Best of luck to you with any method you deem right for you. Cheers.

W

Welcumtotherealworld

Student
Feb 12, 2019
This may be a statistically valid assertion but I still feel far more comfortable with the idea of using a shotgun. I just don't like and will not use hanging of any kind. Best of luck to you with any method you deem right for you. Cheers.
I'm gonna go with hanging as it's the only thing that I have available and I liked the feeling. I haven't tried full yet, but I've found my sweet spot with partial, for me the sock in between really made the difference. I'm also using full as it's foolproof although I'm still searching for answers here on whether or not I could slip out of the noose or end up in a position that relives the pressure on my arteries during full. I haven't read about anyone who failed full that wasn't found or where nothing broke. I've never read about a case where what I'm afraid of has happened, but I still need reassurance from this forum that it will 100% work if nothing breaks and I don't get found.

Reactions: FTL.Wanderer
Never Free

Never Free

Student
Feb 6, 2019
Can't even do it properly and always instinctively grab rope or branch ect. One time I made a makeshift vice and I slipped my hand through. My hands were pinned between my back, and the door. Couldn't stand it just being slowly choked so I kicked/ squirmed and broke a hook and hopped till I wiggled an arm out and was then able to get out.

F

forever21

Student
Oct 19, 2019
Screenshot 20191225 103329
The numbers in the collums is the absolute number of people who choose this method (n) and the procentual number in brackets
Methoddoctorsnursesgeneral
public
Infusion of
Anesthetics
51-
Tranquillizers
In Form of
Tabletts
Not specified
Medication
Not specified intoxication with
Medication
Morphine
Injection
3--
Insulin
Injection
phenobarbital
Oral application
2-5
benzodiazepine
Injection
chloroquine
Oral application
1-4
Cardiacglycosides
Oral app.
1-3
sodium benzene
Oral appl.
1--
opiate in Form
of a Tablet or
band aid
This is from the german dissertation linked in a previous comment if someone is interested.
Most doctors and nurses choose ctb via medication followed by hanging and train decapitation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Never Free and Roberto