• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

• Twitter/X is a shitty platform that no one should ever use: Read More here
AveryConure

AveryConure

Some idiot
May 11, 2018
i was almost there for 2 weeks and while admittedly the thought of ctbing is still not off the table I'm going to attempt to try to get disability while working my part time job and at least see if shit won't go completely to hell.

so obviously i'll be taking a break from the site but i'm considering trying SN and antiemetics if I decide to ctb. I was extremely hesitant to try it but I think I might look into it if I try the "Life Gets Better" route for the 500th time and it still doesn't work.

• Hugs
Reactions: Final Escape, Luchs, your pathologist and 12 others
lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
Good luck! Hope you can get disability.

Reactions: Final Escape, your pathologist, Baskol1 and 7 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I'm glad to hear from you @AveryConure and I wish you all the best. Fingers crossed that everything goes your way from now on x

Reactions: Final Escape, your pathologist, Baskol1 and 9 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
I admire your strength to give it another try, especially after attempting to end it. I really hope it works out for you.

Reactions: your pathologist, Baskol1, Partial-Elf and 5 others
D

Donewith_

Elementalist
Sep 28, 2018
i wish you all the best.. hope it turns out in a good way for you.

Reactions: your pathologist, Beautifulletdown and lemmeeleev
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
It is very difficult to get approved on SSI. I have Aspergers and met all the rest of the criteria (low income, poor, under SGA, and what not) yet I'm still in the midst of fighting my claim to obtain it. I wish you the best in getting approved for SSI and for things in life to improve.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Thinkinaboutit, Final Escape, your pathologist and 3 others
veren4h92l

veren4h92l

Aug 15, 2019
I'm sorry hear that , hope it decreases suffering for you : /

Reactions: Final Escape, your pathologist and Beautifulletdown
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
I am not an attorney, but I did speak to one recently about getting disability. It's next to impossible to get for "invisible" disabilities," (a nice way to put it.) If you can play up any kind of physical disability it will greatly improve your chances. Then they add on your other disabilities to help win the case. It's still very difficult if you're under 50. I wish you good luck with it.

Reactions: Final Escape and your pathologist
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I am not an attorney, but I did speak to one recently about getting disability. It's next to impossible to get for "invisible" disabilities," (a nice way to put it.) If you can play up any kind of physical disability it will greatly improve your chances. Then they add on your other disabilities to help win the case. It's still very difficult if you're under 50. I wish you good luck with it.
I had the opposite experience with this. I had freaking breast cancer and had to stop working, and I was denied on that criteria, but I was approved very quickly because I had also claimed mental health reasons. I didn't have to lawyer up or anything. It was the same application, first attempt. I think approval was within 3 months. I don't think this is common, but I think it proves that you really just can't tell what's going to happen.

My sixty-something year old father who has a proven back injury and had to retire early got denied all three times and appeals for that. And he did get lawyers.

• Wow
Reactions: Final Escape, your pathologist, Ruffian and 1 other person
catharticEscapism

catharticEscapism

Aug 31, 2019

That's not true. I have disability for mental illness and I got it on the first try in 4 months. The secret is filling out the form (what you can and can't do) as though you're explaining your worst days. Also a few stints in a psych ward helps.

Reactions: sourpink, Final Escape, k75 and 1 other person
E

EmptySteph62

Student
Aug 4, 2019
I hope all goes well for you! Hopefully 500th time is the charm!