• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
How is Vienna? Is it fun? My mom is thinking of taking me there on vacation…

Reactions: JKFleck
Mäximum

Mäximum

All the effort for nothing...
Apr 5, 2023
we highkey shoulda nuked Vienna after the war too
Noooo why are you talking shit about the unfriendliest city in the world :(

No, but seriously, last year there was a survey on what the friendliest city in the world is and guess who got last place? My beautiful capital city Vienna! I actually think it's the third time that Vienna got last. Even though it's the unfriendliest, it's definitely not the ugliest. There are many places to go sightseeing if you are interested in history and especially the history of Austria. The Hofburg, Schloss Schönbrunn and it's garden, Schloss Esterhazy and of course the Stephansdom to name a few that pop in my head. There's also the Technical museum or the Prater. I think i listed the essentials. If you come to Austria to mainly buy stuff, then Vienna is the best option.

However, if you are interested in nature, swimming and maybe even want to go hiking, then Tyrol or Carinthia are waaay better. The Achensee in Zillertal, Tyrol is beautiful. There are also many mountains nearby. Don't go to Burgenland or Vorarlberg. There is practically nothing there lol.

soonatpeace777888

soonatpeace777888

Experienced
Jul 4, 2023
Your mom who you vent about constantly? I've never been but I would love to visit Vienna just don't let her bullshit get to you.

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Vienna has nice architecture.
I was in Vienna at an amusement park.

However, I wouldn't like to live in this city.
In general, Vienna suffers from similar problems to other large European cities.

I don't know why the person above insults white people in Vienna.
We, all Europeans, are bloody, brutal, white racists.
We especially dislike Chinese Americans.
Be careful.
Of course this is completely true.
I'm not lying.

ColorlessTrees

ColorlessTrees

Stuck
Jan 4, 2022
Seems nice enough, just beware of the drivers. (that probably goes for any big city, though I was concerned). Can't say much but that, since I was only there very briefly last December. Imo, there are nicer parts of the country—at least some are quite beautiful, especially if you like mountains.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
4am

4am

there’s nothing for you (it/its)
Dec 14, 2023
Seems nice enough, just beware of the drivers. (that probably goes for any big city, though I was concerned). Can't say much but that, since I was only there very briefly last December. Imo, there are nicer parts of the country—at least some are quite beautiful, especially if you like mountains.
you usually don't drive if you're a tourist tho

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
bump

What about Salzburg and Munich? I also wanted to go to Berlin and Nuremberg but there's not enough time…
Noooo why are you talking shit about the unfriendliest city in the world :(

No, but seriously, last year there was a survey on what the friendliest city in the world is and guess who got last place? My beautiful capital city Vienna! I actually think it's the third time that Vienna got last. Even though it's the unfriendliest, it's definitely not the ugliest. There are many places to go sightseeing if you are interested in history and especially the history of Austria. The Hofburg, Schloss Schönbrunn and it's garden, Schloss Esterhazy and of course the Stephansdom to name a few that pop in my head. There's also the Technical museum or the Prater. I think i listed the essentials. If you come to Austria to mainly buy stuff, then Vienna is the best option.

However, if you are interested in nature, swimming and maybe even want to go hiking, then Tyrol or Carinthia are waaay better. The Achensee in Zillertal, Tyrol is beautiful. There are also many mountains nearby. Don't go to Burgenland or Vorarlberg. There is practically nothing there lol.
Schloss is castle right? It's a nice word; I like it. I heard that the Tyrol was interesting; I think we're thinking of going there. Everything is up to my mom though

Last edited:
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
Its a beautiful city. If you are going to travel somewhere for a holiday or a break its worth visiting .

• Informative
KowakuNaiNeko

KowakuNaiNeko

Aug 5, 2023
When I travel I tend to only see maybe one site in a city and just focus on food and booze but i'll give you my thoughts:

Vienna- the thing that's really cool about the place is the cafes and the food. Vienna is famous for sweets and pastries. A lot of famous food that you know comes from vienna (wiener = from vienna because the german name is wein). Croissants (sorry france) are from somewhere in austria. Weinerschnitzel (europe has other schnitzel just vienna makes it with veal). Weiner sausages (they call them frankfurters because a german guy invented them in vienna). Sachertorte. Just going to cafes and seeing what they behind the glass and trying stuff that looks delicious is the way to go.
As for booze I remember being able to get tee mit rum (tea with rum) in cafes and austria is also famous for schnapps though I'm not such a big fan of it personally

Salzburg- I went there mostly to meet my italian language learning partner and don't remember much honestly. A pretty typical city. If you're interested in shopping I remember the area we stayed was a bit of a touristey area that had a big shopping street.

Berlin- For sites I saw a memorial of the berlin wall and the DDR (east germany) museum. It was kinda neat. For food I remember currywurst (like a hotdog without a bun with curry sauce on top IIRC) and doner kebabs are famous but I don't remember much else. Germany was a bit tough for me because they're big on cabbage and beer both of which I don't like but if you're into that it could be delicious for you. Also you can get some big meat dishes like pork knuckle across central europe though you may want to split it with someone. My memory seems to be the pretty typical dish is some kind of meat + some kind of cabbage + some kind of bread and maybe a soup.
There is a crazy clubbing scene but I didn't go to any and I doubt that's your kind of thing.
For liquor germany is pretty lacking tbh so if you're looking to drink not beer while you're there just get stuff from other countries.

Munich- There was a big gothic looking building made of black stone overlooking a big square but I forget the name of it. That was pretty cool. Neuschwanstein (big castle) is a couple hours away from munich. You can book a tour to it but make sure it's booked in advance because I tried to book mine a couple days out and it wasn't available. Germans say the best beer is from Munich but I only had one. It might be cool to check out at least one beer garden (biergarten?) You can pick up some food and a beer and sit with the family outdoors to eat. As for food I remember it being pretty much the same as Berlin.

Nuremburg- never been

I'm sure i'll get roasted by some germans and mountain germans about the commentary but I've only been to each of these places for a couple days and it's been more than a few years since. C'est la vie.

• Informative
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
How come? Lol are you disappointed?
My mom decided that we should go elsewhere. No, I'm not disappointed. I've always liked Western Europe. I would've preferred to go there anyways

Last edited:
Reactions: Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Tread softly for you tread on my dreams
Apr 17, 2023
My mom decided that we should go elsewhere. No, I'm not disappointed. I've always liked Western Europe. I would have preferred to go there anyways
Vienna has high art.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
When I travel I tend to only see maybe one site in a city and just focus on food and booze but i'll give you my thoughts:

Vienna- the thing that's really cool about the place is the cafes and the food. Vienna is famous for sweets and pastries. A lot of famous food that you know comes from vienna (wiener = from vienna because the german name is wein). Croissants (sorry france) are from somewhere in austria. Weinerschnitzel (europe has other schnitzel just vienna makes it with veal). Weiner sausages (they call them frankfurters because a german guy invented them in vienna). Sachertorte. Just going to cafes and seeing what they behind the glass and trying stuff that looks delicious is the way to go.
As for booze I remember being able to get tee mit rum (tea with rum) in cafes and austria is also famous for schnapps though I'm not such a big fan of it personally

Salzburg- I went there mostly to meet my italian language learning partner and don't remember much honestly. A pretty typical city. If you're interested in shopping I remember the area we stayed was a bit of a touristey area that had a big shopping street.

Berlin- For sites I saw a memorial of the berlin wall and the DDR (east germany) museum. It was kinda neat. For food I remember currywurst (like a hotdog without a bun with curry sauce on top IIRC) and doner kebabs are famous but I don't remember much else. Germany was a bit tough for me because they're big on cabbage and beer both of which I don't like but if you're into that it could be delicious for you. Also you can get some big meat dishes like pork knuckle across central europe though you may want to split it with someone. My memory seems to be the pretty typical dish is some kind of meat + some kind of cabbage + some kind of bread and maybe a soup.
There is a crazy clubbing scene but I didn't go to any and I doubt that's your kind of thing.
For liquor germany is pretty lacking tbh so if you're looking to drink not beer while you're there just get stuff from other countries.

Munich- There was a big gothic looking building made of black stone overlooking a big square but I forget the name of it. That was pretty cool. Neuschwanstein (big castle) is a couple hours away from munich. You can book a tour to it but make sure it's booked in advance because I tried to book mine a couple days out and it wasn't available. Germans say the best beer is from Munich but I only had one. It might be cool to check out at least one beer garden (biergarten?) You can pick up some food and a beer and sit with the family outdoors to eat. As for food I remember it being pretty much the same as Berlin.

Nuremburg- never been

I'm sure i'll get roasted by some germans and mountain germans about the commentary but I've only been to each of these places for a couple days and it's been more than a few years since. C'est la vie.
Have you been to Erlangen, Mannheim or Heidelburg?

KowakuNaiNeko

KowakuNaiNeko

Aug 5, 2023
Have you been to Erlangen, Mannheim or Heidelburg?
nope, nope, nope.
If you're looking for other places to go I would branch out from germany and hit up prague and krakow. Maybe consider bratislava too since it's right next to vienna. Venice is neat to see once too even though it's very touristy but make sure you're not going during aqua alta (the city tends to partially flood during parts of the year)

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
nope, nope, nope.
If you're looking for other places to go I would branch out from germany and hit up prague and krakow. Maybe consider bratislava too since it's right next to vienna. Venice is neat to see once too even though it's very touristy but make sure you're not going during aqua alta (the city tends to partially flood during parts of the year)
My mom also wanted to go to Budapest but there wasn't enough time. I've already been to Venice (and Cologne)

KowakuNaiNeko

KowakuNaiNeko

Aug 5, 2023
My mom also wanted to go to Budapest but there wasn't enough time. I've already been to Venice (and Cologne)
I enjoyed budapest too but there was a bit of a language barrier there. The walls of their capital building still have bullet holes from when they protested the soviet union (and who was shooting is still a contentious issue)

• Informative
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I enjoyed budapest too but there was a bit of a language barrier there. The walls of their capital building still have bullet holes from when they protested the soviet union (and who was shooting is still a contentious issue)
Oh okay. Btw we're actually going to Budapest instead of Munich. What do you recommend to see in Budapest? And what about Innsbruck?

Last edited:
myopia

myopia

on earth, we’re briefly gorgeous.
Apr 8, 2024
I went to Vienna on a school trip when I was 16, and it was one of the most joyful and cinematic experiences I've ever had. It was my first time properly experiencing city nightlife, and I had the best time being young and stupid. It's also just a beautiful city. Would definitely recommend !!

KowakuNaiNeko

KowakuNaiNeko

Aug 5, 2023
Oh okay. Btw we're actually going to Budapest instead of Munich. What do you recommend to see in Budapest? And what about Innsbruck?
Honestly that square with the bullet holes in the capital is the only site that I remember. We saw it on part of like a scooter/moped tour that we did around the city. The other night I was there pretty sure we just did some escape rooms and a bar crawl and got shitfaced.
For liquor hungary has palinka fruit brandy (along with a few other countries I can't be bothered to figure out which is the original)
unicum- herb liquor that I think tastes awful
and then a bunch of other fruit brandies with a bunch of complicated names that I can't be bothered to learn
For food goulash (gulyas with a little hat on the s) is the most memorable. I also remember langos which is kind of like a street food focaccia that you can get toppings on. I remember hungary having a lot of other unique dishes as well but you'd have to google them.
Never been to innsbruck

• Informative
Mäximum

Mäximum

All the effort for nothing...
Apr 5, 2023
Schloss is castle right? It's a nice word; I like it. I heard that the Tyrol was interesting;
Yes, Schloss means castle. I didn't know that there is a castle named "Tirol" (Schloss Tirol), although, I have to admit, that I am not into castles at all. But if you mean that one, then you have to travel to South Tyrol, Italy, because South Tyrol isn't actually part of Austria (unfortunately).

And what about Innsbruck?
Innsbruck has a nice old town from the Middle ages, you can visit the Hofburg and drive up the the Nordkette in a cable car (more infos).

Edit: Also, before you are traveling to Austria, make sure that the museums (if you go to any) have English descriptions as well, not just German ones. Because if they don't and you visit them, you won't understand a thing (duh)

Man, I'm making some mad advertisements here. When do I get paid ;-;

Last edited:
  • Informative