cohomology

cohomology

Oct 5, 2024
I have decided to kill myself.
The world is simply too cruel and pointless. I feel like by staying alive I am endorsing this world or being complacent with all the cruelty that is going on every day. There are people and sentient beings more generally right now all over the world who are experiencing extreme pain and suffering, a lot of it solely for the sadistic enjoyment of others.
I've experienced repeated loss of freedom and humiliation myself despite not doing anything wrong, although this doesn't even come close to the pain that some other people experience.
I know for a fact that there is no god, no afterlife or anything supernatural. My consciousness and mind are biological phenomena located in the brain. My brain keeps lying to me by inventing various fictions like the continuous self or the ideal rational argument. Were it not for the memories connecting me to my past self (themselves largely illusory and disconnected), I would probably not recognize the person as I was a child, nor the other way around.
It distresses me that almost everything people say about life or the world in general that used to make me feel good or filled me with purpose has turned out to be largely a fiction or an explicit lie. I do not see the point in continuing my existence. When I think of myself objectively from a wider view, I cannot help but imagine a dog chasing its own tail, consumed by its own self importance and blinded by the futility of what's actually going on.
I also recognize that my realizations and suicidality are simply memes that the self has been exposed to. Despite my own belief in my reasons I have for my actions and beliefs, it's ultimately a biological, subrational phenomenon. Sometimes I wonder what would it feel like were a different self to have developed in my body, with different beliefs and experiences, or no self at all, purely instinctual behavior. Still, my experience of the world is filtered by the self that currently resides in my body and I cannot help the fact.
I also think a lot about whether significant brain damage is scary (for example after a failed ctb attempt). An argument could be made that after such a significant change in the brain the self (which ultimately derives from the brain) could be so transformed as to obviously not be the same as the pre-damaged self. As such, it would be a different person living with a brain damage, not me.
Even so, a new person would be created with a most likely poor and miserable experience. By the basic antinatalist arguments, it would ultimately be an evil and an immoral thing, either against myself or a new person.
I resent the fact that the act is likely to bring a lot of pain to my relatives. It's hard to me to know what they will experience, because I personally would not be sad about them leaving, even though I love them very much. I would support whatever choices they made. I really hope the same kind of charity and understanding will be extended to me as well, as not to create much additional suffering in the world after my death. Hopefully a well written note will be helpful for that purpose.
I prefer not to have been born but that is not an option. Unfortunately the only way to leave on my own accord is a highly stigmatized and often traumatic act. I will try to minimize the impact as much as I'm able to but ultimately it's my choice. And I have made my decision.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: EgoBrained, pleaseiwanttogo, killorbekilled and 1 other person
wayn

wayn

orange cats are so cute
Oct 3, 2024
Hey man, I kinda understand you, sometimes I feel the same way, I have unstable sense of self, and when my manic episode is over and feeling empty, then I usally think in a way similiar like that. As I can see you didn't get much comments which I expected, because most people driven by their emotions and the truth might hurt their feelings, also I'm not sure about that people with average intelligence understand things in a way like that. So yeah, but my emotions goes and come very fast, and I kinda enjoying them so I'm not sure if I wanna leave this planet soon, but who knows..

Also I don't know you obviously, but you seems like very detached from your emotions, which is the main problem I think, so maybe try some mood boosters, or get an advice from a psychiater. I wish you well.

• Love
Reactions: cohomology
killorbekilled

killorbekilled

manhwa reader, mentally unwell
Oct 3, 2024
I hope you find what you are looking for after death! Wish you peace.

• Love
Reactions: cohomology
EgoBrained

EgoBrained

print('Hello, world!')
Sep 25, 2024
I do agree that in the case of severe brain damage as a result of a failed attempt, the old you would cease to exist and be reborn anew, with that person condemned to face the consequences of the actions that were committed in their previous life.
If that were to happen, I don't think that the old you would be the one responsible for their suffering, instead, the blame would lie within the people that made reliable methods unattainable, denying you from finding peace.

Reactions: anopenwound