• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

someone@

Dec 24, 2023
Idk why i'm writing this i know i don't help anyone here by venting but it's just the only place where i can actually express my thoughts i know this is not the goal of this site and i have seen a lot of users complain about the venting threads but i don't know what else should i do i'm sorry again for the disturbance. i feel like a freak i have my high school finals in a month and i think i will most likely fail , my family pressured me for the past three years academically because they want me to be a doctor what scares me the most is their reaction when they find out that i'm nothing but a failure they already reacted to a past exam where i failed and it was horrible but i know that that reaction is nothing to what will happen when they see my results i won't get in a good major like they want and i just know that after that i will most likely cut them off because they will never let it go it will be like a forever a failure title that i will never escape i feel so drained and burnt out there is no way out i just know that the next 2 months will be the lowest point of my depression i'm scared i hope all of this will end i'm so tired. well i don't expect anything from anyone who's reading this just letting it out thats all thanks for reading

WoNkEy_DoNkEy

WoNkEy_DoNkEy

As Useful As A Chocolate Teapot 🫖
Apr 6, 2024
Venting isn't about helping us, it's about you helping you and maybe the odd person here and there lending their ears or advice. Believe it or not most of us would much rather that you not being depressed and that you not trying to kill yourself if you can help it. I'm not gonna try and offer any myself but hopefully this has at least explained the philosophy a little.
This is an echo chamber for you to scream and shout.

maxoffline

maxoffline

dancing in my room with my kitty
Sep 25, 2023
I'm so sorry about your impression of this site, some people are sour apples who complain about the venting but thats a loud minority. Majority of people enjoy seeing others use this site to get their thoughts straight and ask for support! 🫂

Anywho. Highschool finals can be really scary, especially with immense pressure put on you. But realistically, youre 18 (maybe 19), you're practically an adult! You have control over your own life and your own destiny. A lot of people phrase it like "Get a highschool education or youre FINISHED" when thats not true in the slightest.

Does your area offer GED's? And there's no shame in having to redo a class! 🫂
Hoping for the best,
Max.

S

someone@

Dec 24, 2023
Venting isn't about helping us, it's about you helping you and maybe the odd person here and there lending their ears or advice. Believe it or not most of us would much rather that you not being depressed and that you not trying to kill yourself if you can help it. I'm not gonna try and offer any myself but hopefully this has at least explained the philosophy a little.
This is an echo chamber for you to scream and shout.
Thank you for the kind words i appreciate it this meant a lot to me ♡
I'm so sorry about your impression of this site, some people are sour apples who complain about the venting but thats a loud minority. Majority of people enjoy seeing others use this site to get their thoughts straight and ask for support! 🫂

Anywho. Highschool finals can be really scary, especially with immense pressure put on you. But realistically, youre 18 (maybe 19), you're practically an adult! You have control over your own life and your own destiny. A lot of people phrase it like "Get a highschool education or youre FINISHED" when thats not true in the slightest.

Does your area offer GED's? And there's no shame in having to redo a class! 🫂
Hoping for the best,
Max.
Thank you so much for saying this!! I know the community here are just people who just need a safe space to be heard and i'm one of them so yes i think we should keep supporting each other! also no we don't have GED's but its okay i will graduate i won't repeat the year its just my grades won't be good enough for certain majors but i will figure it out. again thank you for the kind reply ♡

Last edited:
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Venting is a healthy process. Vent away...
Family pressure to succeed can overwhelm the person thay are trying to help. Likely they do not understand. I hope they are not aware of some depression in your life and are just trying to push you through it. That would be unfortunate for all.
Feel free to let us know how you are feeling.. Ask questions. Explore your options, both for staying and exiting.

Reactions: someone@
S

someone@

Dec 24, 2023
Venting is a healthy process. Vent away...
Family pressure to succeed can overwhelm the person thay are trying to help. Likely they do not understand. I hope they are not aware of some depression in your life and are just trying to push you through it. That would be unfortunate for all.
Feel free to let us know how you are feeling.. Ask questions. Explore your options, both for staying and exiting.
I totally agree with you ! Thank you for saying this. honestly venting here makes me relieved for a little bit at least

• Love
Reactions: Worndown
A

AnxiousLlama

Apr 29, 2024
This is me with my South Asian parents. They wanted me to become a doctor. Couldn't. I had talent, but it was not biology related. I did terribly, had zero motivation. Failed to get into med school, of course. Life continues. Now they want me do medicine postgrad. Buys me some time. Life continues.

• Love
Reactions: someone@
S

someone@

Dec 24, 2023
This is me with my South Asian parents. They wanted me to become a doctor. Couldn't. I had talent, but it was not biology related. I did terribly, had zero motivation. Failed to get into med school, of course. Life continues. Now they want me do medicine postgrad. Buys me some time. Life continues.
I am so sorry I totally understand that ,hoping you're doing good , but to be fair i won't lie in my case i wasn't "forced" ,i did want to be a doctor , to make my family proud ,to have a good career , maybe be a psychiatrist to help others and i kind of owe it to them because of the decent amout of money they spent on my education , didn't want to be ungrateful like i have to pay them back with good results but i am burned out and depressed i can't work hard like i used to so i kind of gave up and hoping they too will let go of the matter