newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
I know many people are scared of them, but I actually really like spiders. They are one of my favourite animals.

I suffer from many phobias but arachnophobia is not one of them.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, LastFlowers and Makko
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Patriotism is in most countries way too overrated

Reactions: ShornSoloists, littlelungs, Skathon and 7 others
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
Free speech is free speech. Even if only one sentence isn't allowed then it isn't free speech anymore

There's paradox of tolerance:

"The paradox of tolerance states that if a society is tolerant without limit, its ability to be tolerant is eventually seized or destroyed by the intolerant."

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Un-, not-2-b-the-answer and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do not understand why anyone would want to be buried after they die, I much prefer the sound of cremation. Even know I won't be alive anymore so it doesn't matter I guess, but it is such an unpleasant thought.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, littlelungs, Meditation guide and 5 others
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
I'm the most charismatic, articulate, handsome and intelligent guy in all the land.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Ame, Ramirez and 3 others
theunderdog

theunderdog

Jun 17, 2021
Anything mint flavoured that isn't an actual mint, chewing gum or toothpaste is totally disgusting. Mint flavoured chocolate is the worst.
Please tell me you like mint choc chip
Ice cream? It's my favourite.
Hey thought it might be interesting to hear everyone's unpopular opinions.

I'll start:

I don't like anime or manga

pls don't hate me...haha
I have to agree.. although I've never actually tried to watch anime or manga. Keeping with the same theme… I've never watched Game of Thrones!!

Last edited:
Reactions: motel rooms
Elysium Searcher

Elysium Searcher

Longing for eternal sleep
Jun 12, 2021
Chips, beer and vodka are really disgusting.

There should be public executions of people who decide to enter the restaurant with their little babies. The last thing I want to do is being forced to listen to crying kids or watch them vomit while I'm trying to enjoy my badass doner kebab ;-;

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I have to agree.. although I've never actually tried to watch anime or manga. Keeping with the same theme… I've never watched Game of Thrones!!
Yay! We're outsider freaks even among all these outsider freaks :))
I used to think that Harry Potter & Lord of the Rings were the same book :haha:

• Yay!
Reactions: Ramirez, not-2-b-the-answer, faex42 and 1 other person
lovelyheartz

lovelyheartz

Let me leave, please, please...
Jun 15, 2021
The old internet was better... it was seen as kind of nerdy to be on the internet a lot, so it'd only be socially awkward weirdos, so there was a far greater sense of connection. Also it seemed more genuine and real, than the very clean design of social media sites nowadays. Actually, smaller sites in general are just better. Imageboards and forums for the win.
Genres like extratone and noise can be very nice. Two examples I quite like if anyone is curious.
I love Diabarha. Used to listen to Painful World quite a lot!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: lucid, ShornSoloists, lex and 5 others
All Things Must Pass

All Things Must Pass

Mage
Apr 14, 2021
People who have never experienced (or have knowledge of) something but have an opinion of it is everything that's wrong with the world. If everyone was humble enough to admit they don't know everything the world would be a much better place.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: littlelungs, demuic, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
All Things Must Pass

All Things Must Pass

Mage
Apr 14, 2021
transhumanism/posthumanism it isn't only the future but it's here. vaccines. Medicines. Pacemaker. prosthesis. contact lenses/glasses.
Prosthetic limbs still aren't as good as the real ones. Glasses has been around since the 17th century, and the increased time spent looking at close objects why more and more people need them.
I've heard a controversy about some sprinters with leg prosthetic (pistorius irc) potentially have advantage of non-prosthetic sprinters.
Only in sprinting and nothing else.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, LastFlowers and narval
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
Prosthetic limbs still aren't as good as the real ones. Glasses has been around since the 17th century, and the increased time spent looking at close objects why more and more people need them.

Only in sprinting and nothing else.
Of course, it isn't as good as real ones at this moment, for sure. Wich doesn't means that doesn't exists. They're here. It's a matter of time :)

Reactions: Disappointered
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I got an actual unpopular opinion

Despite the fact that I completely disagree with the content of a recently removed comment, I think that having that opinion censored is beyond hypocritical, especially because of the nature of this place. It's abundantly clear that some opinions are not tolerated despite the "anti-censorship" nature of this forum.

But, by all means, keep up the all too common and extremely disrespectful comments about grieving parents, people who decide to get children, and religious people. Definitely not a double standard at all.
I'm not saying that those comments should be censored, at all. In case anyone gets the wrong impression.
I think the comments to grieving parents are usually geared toward those trying to shut this site down, thus the disrespect.
As for religion, it is a dangerous delusion that we should stop pussyfooting around with, but I also think we should take into account that some people are indoctrinated at a young age and don't know any differently.
As for getting children, I assume you mean having children (I doubt most people here are against adoption), I think a strong case can be made for why that's quite possibly the single most selfish thing a human can do, force a life into the world and roll the dice on whether or not it will struggle to thrive, how much it will suffer before it eventually dies, etc.
These are choices for the most part, deliberate (besides the simple grief of a parent), but the other poster, from what I saw of the reposted opinions, seemed to just be needlessly inflammatory, likely alienating countless people on this site.
I wonder if they were even genuine opinions, or manufactured to incite arguments.

Most gay people don't consider their homosexuality a choice, so to be grouped under such nasty assumptive adjectives is just bullying at a certain point.
Most Americans also cannot help that they're American, "too stupid to be bothered with" just makes me laugh because the comment itself is ridiculous (even funnier if the quoted spelling was their's originally) I doubt this person has even met enough Americans or is able to discern their intelligence in any accurate way.
The "ruthless" deportation of immigrants and "nonEuropeans" too, was just atrocious, racist really, I'm not sure what they mean by ruthless, but I imagine people being snatched from their homes and all they hold dear and then thrown out of the border, and for what? Things they can't help?

I don't think it's quite a double standard, as some unpopular opinions..are just more unpopular and heinous than others.
But sure, by the title of the thread, you would think anything would be permitted to remain, but the mods also have the site's reputation to worry about, our safe haven.
This person also made it clear they don't support the right to die for those under 25, probably another chunk of the user base here, and most of them likely not suffering from a terminal illness.
I'm just saying I see why it was removed while other things were not.
This is fun! I hope I don't get kicked off.
A) I have read comments by gays ,who fantasize about banging straights, saying things like this about other gays. I'm sure much worse is spewed in the gay community. So what? Deal!
B)Its been noted by many that life gets better as you age out of your twenties. I myself had a horrible youth,beset by anger,despair,self loathing. When I got a spell of rage I would often pray that it would be gone when I woke up. Sometimes it was,sometimes not. As I got older thankfully that shit calmed way down. So yeah a kid who ctb's,if he had stayed around,might've gotten better and had a life.
C) Americans stupid. Well...
D) This is the big one! Yes yes yes yes yes a thousand times yes!! Fuck all that filthy made up horseshit about diversity,multiculturalism, our great experiment...fuck all that rubbish. Its all bullshit! Yes go the fuck back where you came from. Make your own country great again! Not just Scandinavia, all the white countries. Theyre being turned into shitholes!
Sorry,but as Galileo said,its true,none the less!
My opinion is that I disagree with your opinions.
Although I may be missing the unpopular bit..
Click was actually a good movie.
Click was a strange beast that's for sure, I recall it was equally emotional as it was stupid.
There's paradox of tolerance:

"The paradox of tolerance states that if a society is tolerant without limit, its ability to be tolerant is eventually seized or destroyed by the intolerant."
Maybe you could explain this a little more but are you saying that if we were totally tolerant, we would also have to be tolerant of the intolerance?
Hence the paradox?

Last edited:
Reactions: Skathon, not-2-b-the-answer, Symbiote and 1 other person
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
I'm a virgin but I don't understand how can normies stick it into ass, it just seems gross to me

• Yay!
Reactions: lex, not-2-b-the-answer, Symbiote and 1 other person
L

lonerclown666

Mage
Dec 1, 2020
if you dont plan to die in the next months you should not be here with all the respect
there should go in a depression forum i think its an offense for the ones who are gone

Last edited:
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Promortalism is kind of a weird philosophy.
I doubt it would be good for a happy person to commit suicide. If I was happy I would try to enjoy life and not ctb.
However I understand antinatalism

Reactions: ShornSoloists and Skathon
D

Deleted_9cKnXB34QG

Mage
Jun 26, 2018
The old internet was better...
It was. I miss internet forums, chats, IRC. I miss the times when people used the internet for discussion not selfies. I miss the old YT where everyone just wanted to share interesting videos, instead of blabbing about monetization.
It's sad how it all went to shit. Another beautiful thing ruined by corporations and money.

• Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, lex, demuic and 5 others
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Western society should remember Stalin the same way we remember Hitler, or even worse.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Disappointered, not-2-b-the-answer and 3 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
Western society should remember Stalin the same way we remember Hitler, or even worse.
That's an unpopular opinion? Who loves Stalin except Putin? It's true that he's been trying to rehabilitate him

Reactions: ShornSoloists, lex and not-2-b-the-answer
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
That's an unpopular opinion? Who loves Stalin except Putin? It's true that he's been trying to rehabilitate him
Oh boy, you haven't been to any extremely popular political sub on reddit, have you? There are a lot of Stalin apologists everywhere nowadays.

The irony is that this sentiment is popular even in pro-LGBT places.

Reactions: ShornSoloists and demuic
Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
Animals are worse than people in almost every imaginable way. They have no theory of mind, and don't actually demonstrate awareness of the consciousness of others or their own consciousness, very few can pass the mirror test (aka self awareness) and even the ones that do can't be demonstrated to even know they're alive or aware. They don't care or think about anything, and operate solely based on their desires from the environment. Believing that even your pet dog or cat cares about you, or loves you, is absolutely 100% projection on the part of the owner. Animals are completely selfish and mindless bio-machines. The only meaningful and true relationships a human can have are with other conscious humans.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
  • Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: ShornSoloists, lex, Ame and 10 others
TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
Everything has a 50% chance of happening. It either happens or it doesn't.
I have to disagree with you. When you throw a (fair) die, the probability of obtaining a 6 (P({6})=1/6) is not the same as the complementary probability (P({6}^c)=P({1,2,3,4,5})=5/6). It is true that the probability of either one happening is 1, but in general their outcome is not equally likely.

As for my opinions:
-The world's population should never have exceeded 2 billion.
-The invention of the automobile was a mistake. We need to return to horse-drawn carriages and steam trains.
-If you have to execute people, execute them by guillotine, not by injection/electric chair/stoning/hanging. [That's actually a job I could see myself doing...]
-When you immigrate to another country, you should be expected to learn the language and conform with the country's culture and customs. If you haven't adapted after a probation period, you are to be expelled.
-Unrestricted freedom of speech is not desirable.
-Automation and digitisation are the devil.
-People should not be permitted to own more than one house.
-Most countries are too big. A multitude of micro-nations would be ideal, similar to the Holy Roman Empire, but without the overarching emperor:

• Love
Reactions: Mendex, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I have to disagree with you. When you throw a (fair) die, the probability of obtaining a 6 (P({6})=1/6) is not the same as the complementary probability (P({6}^c)=P({1,2,3,4,5})=5/6). It is true that the probability of either one happening is 1, but in general their outcome is not equally likely.
Bro it's a joke. In reality everything has a 1 or 0 prob tho. Except for maybe quantum physics and shit.

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Disclaimers and warnings on common household products should be removed so that nature can weed out the morons.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: lex, Ame, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 1 other person
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Disclaimers and warnings on common household products should be removed so that nature can weed out the morons.
I could have been gone when I was a kid. :heart::smiling::hihi::heart::smiling::hihi:

• Yay!
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
A

Anonymous_A

Arcanist
Oct 4, 2020
I'm usually neutral about most things. Usually idgaf, as long as it doesn't affect me lol.

Anyways, funny 'opinions' Ill add are about the army.
- Idk why people still sign up for the army. The government (UK/US) dont seem to help veterans/ people who have sacrificed a part of their life for the country…like why even bother helping if your own country doesn't help back?

Also, idk why people in the army have kids just as they leave /go on tour. And then if they die in war, the family still get emosh. Like bro, you signed up for it? Lols

Reactions: Ramirez and not-2-b-the-answer