GottaGo

GottaGo

Jan 27, 2020
@GottaGo, l respect your opinion but l disagree,l have a Staffie who's my best friend and without him l'd be 100% lost, if fact he's so important to me that I've registered him on the Emotional support animal Register! Pet's do provide a lot to their owners such as emotional support, friendship, a reason to go out (Exercise) and good company, Go on spend a hour with a staffie and you'll disagree with your own post! DOG'S ARE AWESOME!!! Hoping your well and doing ok, all the best Lonewolf
Hi Lonewolf, that's why it is call the unpopular opinion thread lol. I know it is not a popular opinion to dislike pets but unpopular opinion needs to be heard too. I constantly see people on the internet saying pets are the best thing in the world and I just want to add a different side of the story.
The thing is I did spend countless hours with different pets since I was very young. Dogs, cats, rabbits, fishes. Since I'm usually the go to guy for pet sitting. (We also had a family dog when I was young, but I never got attached to him). I guess it's just a different kinds of opinion thing. I just don't feel like pets add anything into my life and I'm sure someone in the world feel the same.
To me, It is kind of wrong to say everybody should love pets. I just can't love them, and I can't force myself to. I do my best to take care of them when my friends need help, but I will never have them since they are kind of useless to me.
But I'm glad there are other people in the world who are enjoying them :). Being able to love another being must be a wonderful feeling. All the best to you and your animal friends!

• Hugs
Reactions: LONE WOLF., cyanol, Meditation guide and 1 other person
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Children and animals in general are annoying and should be banned from public spaces.

I mean, adults should be banned from public spaces too, but children and animals more urgently so.

Reactions: looseye, ShornSoloists, Elysium Searcher and 6 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I think most people who claim to be misanthropic or unsympathetic are being disingenuous because many of their reasons for hating humanity are because of the way a select few humans are treating other humans/animals/nature. True hatred and evil should mean deriving joy from or at least being completely neutral while plants, animals, and other humans suffer. This is how I operate at least. People can have standards or exceptions though but they should also be willing to clarify which individuals have their scorn and which don't.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, muffin222 and 3 others
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I think most people who claim to be misanthropic or unsympathetic are being disingenuous because many of their reasons for hating humanity are because of the way a select few humans are treating other humans/animals/nature. True hatred and evil should mean deriving joy from or at least being completely neutral while plants, animals, and other humans suffer. This is how I operate at least. People can have standards or exceptions though but they should also be willing to clarify which individuals have their scorn and which don't.
I also find it strange that most who claim to hate humanity cite their reason as "humanity ruined Earth". You say you hate humans, but you love the space rock they happen to live on? Come on.

Misanthropy is something stems from personal incompatibility with humanity. It's not hatred of specific people or their actions, but of fundamental human nature that you are doomed to endure every day, around and within yourself.

• Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, it's_all_a_game and 4 others
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I also find it strange that most who claim to hate humanity cite their reason as "humanity ruined Earth". You say you hate humans, but you love the space rock they happen to live on? Come on.

Misanthropy is something stems from personal incompatibility with humanity. It's not hatred of specific people or their actions, but of fundamental human nature that you are doomed to endure every day, around and within yourself.

From personal experience I have found that those who are misanthropic are hypocritical to an extent too; their reason(s) for disliking humanity tend to be that the human species is destructive and violent, but at the same time many misanthropists with this view attempt nothing to try and change the situation - they only add to it. The logic goes like this:

Person A: "Why do you not like helping others?"
Misanthropist: "Because I hate people. Humans are selfish and evil - they ruin everything. Animals are way better."
Person A: "Not everyone is like that though."
Misanthropist: "Yes they are! Nobody cares about anyone except themselves!"
Person A: "Why do you not try and make a difference?"
Misanthropist: "No. I do not care about helping people because they suck."

They say that human beings are selfish but they refuse to care about helping others, so does that not make them selfish and apathetic too? They label others as "a**holes" while acting like an a**hole themself. It is like a feedback loop.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, it's_all_a_game, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 3 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I HATE when tv shows do a musical episode.:angry:

Reactions: LONE WOLF., cyanol, looseye and 11 others
Øystein

Øystein

Can't cope
Apr 24, 2020
Big companies celebrating pride month are obnoxious

• Love
Reactions: hellispink, LONE WOLF., cyanol and 12 others
watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
I miss the days when CRT's looked like microwaves and had the controls right on them rather than a stupid remote that'll get lost who the f* knows where

Reactions: it's_all_a_game and Manaaja
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Absolutely. Skip! 》》》》》
Travel shows. Make me feel jealous and resentful.
I had to watch the last episode of Legacies cuz I didn't want to miss anything. There was still a storyline.

Ender

Ender

Dec 29, 2020
I hate eating chicken, Chicken nuggets and wings are awesome, but regular chicken is such a mess and a pain to eat. The skin is the best part of it.

• Hugs
Reactions: cyanol, W3akCr3atur3, Lost in a Dream and 1 other person
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Dine-in restaurants suck. Sitting in a noisy, dimly-lit room, waiting for overpriced food. Everything sucks.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, mediocre and 4 others
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
People with heritable diseases and conditions should not have children. One does not simply play Russian-roulette with genetics.

• Love
Reactions: hellispink, LONE WOLF., cyanol and 18 others
Shadowrider

Shadowrider

Student
Jan 26, 2021
People with heritable diseases and conditions should not have children. One does not simply play Russian-roulette with genetics.
THIS!
I do share your unpopular opinion. Would gladly give you a like, a heart and a hug for this if the system allowed me to do so.
I know about a guy who has cystic fibrosis, this is not only a heritable condition but also shortens one's lifespan.
But he insisted on becoming a father, despite knowing it's not sure if he lives long enough to see his son graduate from high school.
He says "it would be better for me to die while he's a small child, this way he will not even remember me and will have a happy life without me."
Yeah! Think of the happy life his young widow wife is going to lead, how happily she will never talk about her late husband to the kid, and how happy he - the child, I mean - is going to be, not even remembering his father. I am sure this will be the key to a child's happiness! No, he will not miss having a father. And when he grows up, it will make him even happier, knowing that he has 50% chance to pass the CF gene to his offsprings, so he must be careful to choose a wife who's bidominant to this gene.
:(

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: cyanol, it's_all_a_game, Lost in a Dream and 4 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
THIS!
I do share your unpopular opinion. Would gladly give you a like, a heart and a hug for this if the system allowed me to do so.
I know about a guy who has cystic fibrosis, this is not only a heritable condition but also shortens one's lifespan.
But he insisted on becoming a father, despite knowing it's not sure if he lives long enough to see his son graduate from high school.
He says "it would be better for me to die while he's a small child, this way he will not even remember me and will have a happy life without me."
Yeah! Think of the happy life his young widow wife is going to lead, how happily she will never talk about her late husband to the kid, and how happy he - the child, I mean - is going to be, not even remembering his father. I am sure this will be the key to a child's happiness! No, he will not miss having a father. And when he grows up, it will make him even happier, knowing that he has 50% chance to pass the CF gene to his offsprings, so he must be careful to choose a wife who's bidominant to this gene.
I too agree with the sentiment though it's possible in the next couple decades we will have regular access to CRISPR gene editing technology which will both allow us to remove genetic defects from children before they are born and from people who are already alive. Of course there's still a whole host of other potential dilemmas that could arise from us perfecting the human race and removing this reasonable barrier to having kids...

• Love
Reactions: cyanol, it's_all_a_game, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
Shadowrider

Shadowrider

Student
Jan 26, 2021
I too agree with the sentiment though it's possible in the next couple decades we will have regular access to CRISPR gene editing technology which will both allow us to remove genetic defects from children before they are born and from people who are already alive. Of course there's still a whole host of other potential dilemmas that could arise from us perfecting the human race and removing this reasonable barrier to having kids...
I hope the technology will be ready to use in a few years' time. But until then, wouldn't it be better to spare ourselves so many evitable tragedies?

• Love
Reactions: cyanol, it's_all_a_game, not-2-b-the-answer and 3 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I hope the technology will be ready to use in a few years' time. But until then, wouldn't it be better to spare ourselves so many evitable tragedies?
Oh definitely. I also think even without risk of passing genetic defects, people shouldn't be having children until they're financially capable enough too which becomes a higher and higher bar as time goes on.

• Love
Reactions: cyanol, it's_all_a_game, sorella santini and 4 others
Shadowrider

Shadowrider

Student
Jan 26, 2021
Oh definitely. I also think even without risk of passing genetic defects, people shouldn't be having children until they're financially capable enough too which becomes a higher and higher bar as time goes on

Cannot say anything but nod.

Reactions: cyanol, nohopeforethefuture, LastFlowers and 3 others
saltshaker

saltshaker

salt shaker, rule breaker
Jan 29, 2021
Even if i didn't have adhedonia video games are fucking lame. :)

Reactions: muffin222, Shadowrider and GenesAndEnvironment
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Hard determinism is correct.

• Love
Reactions: cyanol, DeadButDreaming, killedbypsychiatry and 4 others
PeacefulStars

PeacefulStars

Like tears in rain
Feb 10, 2021
Here it may not be as unpopular; but to most of society it sure seems to be. To keep a family member alive with a degenerative disease when they have already asked to pass peacefully. A family member of mine across the states was diagnosed several years ago and had asked everyone to respect her privacy in her right to not further her suffering and proceed with no treatment. At first it was honored, but as she deteriorated and started to lose her mind the closest to her started her on treatments to prolong her suffering until the very end so she could be there for family longer. It was only for those selfish around her. No one respected her wishes at all and she died in immense pain. It hurts my heart still.

• Aww..
Reactions: LONE WOLF., cyanol, H2H2 and 4 others
Imaginos

Imaginos

Full-time layabout
Apr 7, 2018
Hard determinism is correct.

Damn right it is. Try telling that to 99.9% of the thick fucks stumbling about this dismal planet. "Durr, nuh uh! I got freewill!". Sure you do, pal. Sure you do. Dumbasses like this want to believe that all it takes to succeed in life is hard work and the will to change. They're too deluded and ignorant to realize that it basically all comes down to a luck of the draw and the only reason they're able to enjoy life is because they were lucky. Nothing more. It's also a matter of ideology, to be honest. People will cling to demonstrably false nonsense like the just world fallacy to their dying breath, simply because their brains can't handle the true facts of reality proving that they're nothing special and, again, are merely the recipients of blind, dumb luck.

I'll go you one further though and say that efilism is literally the only correct way to look upon nature, the world, and the universe. Anyone else who says otherwise, is simply a deluded moron or a sadist.

• Love
Reactions: cyanol, ShornSoloists, killedbypsychiatry and 3 others
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
THIS!
I am... aghast at how selfish some people can be.

people shouldn't be having children until they're financially capable enough too which becomes a higher and higher bar as time goes on
Exactly. The ever-rising cost of living couldn't be more discouraging.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: cyanol, ShornSoloists, Shadowrider and 2 others
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
I think begging for money (as in, standing outside with signs or jars asking for cash) and panhandling are okay and should be viewed as any other gig job. As long as they're not obstructing pedestrian traffic or being hostile, aggressive, or pushy about getting money, I don't see any harm in allowing people to beg/panhandle by standing with a sign on the side of the road or on sidewalks.

I worry for their physical safety and the safety of drivers when they try to panhandle on highways or freeway ramps, but I don't find the idea of panhandling itself wrong. It's just another way to earn some cash. Most people won't give anything, but a few will, and if those few are willing to give money, then that's their choice. Supply and demand.

People beg because they get cash out of it; I don't see anything inherently wrong with it. Maybe requiring beggars to register or to get a cheap license to be able to beg in a specific location would allow for some regulation and some ground-rules for the people begging.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: nohopeforethefuture, Shadowrider, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
I hate American sports like basketball, baseball, nfl.

• Hugs
Reactions: DeadButDreaming, Lost in a Dream, Weeping Garbage Can and 1 other person
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
People who are only dog people or only cat people are missing out. Why not both?

That's exactly how I feel about sexuality and gender identity.

• Love
Reactions: sorella santini, Shadowrider and foxdie
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
That's exactly how I feel about sexuality and gender identity.

Ha that is an interesting take. I'd tend to agree even tho I identify as a straight cisgender male. I think I was culturally conditioned from a young age to be homophobic. I hope I've unlearned all that. This might be another unpopular opinion however lol.

• Love
Reactions: Shadowrider, not-2-b-the-answer, muffin222 and 1 other person
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
My pc is too much of a toaster to run skyrim with mods, but I love some of them on morrowind and oblivion.

I'm not necesseraly against games who rely on mods to work, I too play games like Victoria 2 or Stalker that without some mods don't even start. But Skyrim is really just a sandbox to where put them in, they didn't even try on the base game.

Also if you need 500 mods to play it might as well make another game altogether

And I love Victoria 2. And most paradox interactive games. You my good sir. Just earned a follower.
Ha that is an interesting take. I'd tend to agree even tho I identify as a straight cisgender male. I think I was culturally conditioned from a young age to be homophobic. I hope I've unlearned all that. This might be another unpopular opinion however lol.

You're fine. Now that everyone is afraid of offending some one. All of the best jokes have gone stale. If you can believe it, there are now standards on what it take to be non-hetetosexual. You can't meet nice boys in coffee shops anymore. Pretty cool you use terms like cisgender. Most people have no clue what that is.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: cyanol, not-2-b-the-answer and foxdie
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Damn right it is. Try telling that to 99.9% of the thick fucks stumbling about this dismal planet. "Durr, nuh uh! I got freewill!". Sure you do, pal. Sure you do. Dumbasses like this want to believe that all it takes to succeed in life is hard work and the will to change. They're too deluded and ignorant to realize that it basically all comes down to a luck of the draw and the only reason they're able to enjoy life is because they were lucky. Nothing more. It's also a matter of ideology, to be honest. People will cling to demonstrably false nonsense like the just world fallacy to their dying breath, simply because their brains can't handle the true facts of reality proving that they're nothing special and, again, are merely the recipients of blind, dumb luck.

I'll go you one further though and say that efilism is literally the only correct way to look upon nature, the world, and the universe. Anyone else who says otherwise, is simply a deluded moron or a sadist.
When I saw you had replied I was worried of getting BTFOd by facts and logic for a second, great to have you on board.

Last edited:
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Dr Iron Arc