Status
Not open for further replies.
Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
Rollo pls quit your awkward lowkey trolling. You already sent me an uncomfortable PM the other week which I let slide but now you're in here saying this is a loving mother etc. If this was my kid he'd have to climb to that roof over my dead body.

The mother should never have assumed this was a good idea and of course should have taken for granted that this isn't going to end well because he's, get this, 15. He should never have been allowed to pursue such a foolish and reckless stunt under any circumstances.

Aside from that, you seem to be missing the point that the parachute was homemade and hopelessly inadequate. If you are planning a low altitude base jump you better have the right equipment or you will end up a pancake.

Anyway, you openly admit you're not suicidal which as such is okay but when you're posting just to get a rise out of people and sending them unwelcome messages it's probably time to seek greener pastures. This isn't a zoo.

Well I'm only saying she's a loving mother cause it's true. Or rather there's nothing in this story to suggest she's not. My PM to you wasn't meant to be uncomfortable, I know I didn't insult you or demean you in any way. It's just being exposed to foreign opinions is uncomfortable. I assume you don't have kids and you're a male so it only goes to show this mentality doesn't depend upon having kids or being female.

I fully believe you that you don't think it was a 'good idea' and you wouldn't let your kid do it. I'm saying it's not loving part of you. It's purely judgemental part of you that wishes to discipline.

It could have well ended well with his parachute opening and him landing. It didn't though. That's why they call it 'risk'. All these words like 'reckless' and 'foolish' - they are meaningless. All risk is reckless, even you starting your car.

I didn't miss any points. You did big time when you said how it's so ridiculous to even suggest that parachute would open at this height. 'Never in a million years buid enough drag resistance', 'that's why they jump from 12000 feet' etc. And yet the reality is exact opposite. Same way you have absolutely no clue whether his parachute was adequate or not, had it opened. But it malfunctioned and didn't open - that's a given. Then again professonal parachutes sometimes malfunction too.

I don't post any of it to get a rise out of anyone - it's just reality. Or rather my honest opinion of what the reality is if you want me to be more humble. If you personally uncomfortable with it, it's not my opinion's fault.

Reactions: Deafsn0w
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Love means you let those who you love be as they want, risk their lifes when they want (and not when your feelings say it's ok like it's not ok to speed your car but it's ok ride a bike even though both carry equal possibilityof brains on a pavement) and be sovereign over their lifes. All this other stuff with cops, arrests, resentment and punishment - it's not love, not mother. It's something quite a bit else. Exact opposite.

I don't know which country you are from mate, what age you are or what level of education you have.
I could speculate to those questions but some things are best left unsaid.
Your comparison with the cat certainly made me laugh! I wonder if this was your intention?

It is blatantly obvious that you are not a parent, your so called reasoning is a pathetic attempt by anyone's standards.
As it was pointed out to you, the brain is not fully developed until the mid twenties!
You claim to have superior knowledge of brain development, I for one would like to see the science based evidence for this? And I am sure that the scientific community would be most interested in your claim.

Regarding your assessment of what parenting is, I don't think you are in a position to voice an opinion on that.
Once again I am not entirely sure if your intention is to get a laugh!

I am inclined to agree with the post that you are perhaps trolling, and see yourself as having a front row seat at the circus were the members here are expected to perform for your entertainment.

I could suggest what other sites you might be better suited to!
But as I said earlier "some things are better left unsaid"
Yours
A father of two.

Reactions: Lavalamp, Pegasus, Made4TV and 5 others
Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
Apart from these guys having real parachutes, 36 feet is very different than a 14 story building. Since they open up the parachutes as soon as they drop, they don't have enough time to pick up deadly speed before the drag starts slowing them down, and they hit the ground seconds after.

Meters not feet. And it's exactly the same, in fact 14 storied building is probably even higher. Why you think he didn't try to open it as soon as he jumped? Parachute malfuctioned, that's all.

Reactions: Deafsn0w
ouvreyes

ouvreyes

シシ
Oct 7, 2018
Meters not feet. And it's exactly the same, in fact 14 storied building is probably even higher. Why you think he didn't try to open it as soon as he jumped? Parachute malfuctioned, that's all.
My bad, meters*. And my point was that the reason those three guys were safe is because it was lower. The building was much higher. In normal circumstances, you are not supposed to parachute immediately. This kid was guaranteed to die the moment he stepped off.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, gingerplum and Johnnythefox
Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
You fail to realise that when parents have kids they're signing on to do the following job: guide and protect their children from harm till they become fully functional, mature adults. They do their JOB by PARENTING. If an impulsive teen decides to stick his hand in boiling water, will you allow him to just so you're not "a cop"?

You can't compare a kid to a bloody cat. Are you one of these demented "furbaby parents"? The fact is that this boy was failed on all levels by the adults around him, especially his dumb bitch of a mother. They all watched him plunge to his death while cheering him on. Anyone with half a brain cell could see that it was a tragedy waiting to happen.

I feel pure disgust with this tragic story. I hope that his mother is prosecuted for allowing her young immature son to jump off a high building with a HOMEMADE parachute. And spoiler alert: I don't have a kid (or a cat) but I have enough sense to see how disgustingly this teen was failed by the adults around him.

I sincerely hope you're just trolling for the sake of any future children you might have. If not, there will be more Darwin awards to be won.

Well then answer a simple question - why wouldn't you keep your kid indoors unless absolutely necessary? Why wouldn't you ban him from using a car or riding a bike? Every time he does it he exposes himself to all kinds of danger. And if it will one day result in brains on pavement - how is it different from this guys fate? And how are you different from this mother?

The only reason you're so 'smart' is cause this particular jump resulted in his death. That's all.

If a teen decides to stick his hands in a boling water, say for a sake of doing challenge, then I'll make sure he knows he will probably get burns and it's going to suck, but if after learning this he still decides to go ahead - it's his life and me infringing upon it has nothing to do with love. Just like if somehow I myself want to stick my hands into boiling water for a challenge I wouldn't want you coming and preventing me from it. If you give me advice - that can be love. But if you all angry like 'are you retarded, stop immediately' and you actually try to stop me - it's nowhere near love. It's just you imposing yourself on me. Ultimately doing it for yourself and your feelings.

And that's all I'm saying. Be judgemental all you want. Be imposing all you want. Be all darwinisque. Just don't pretend it's love. Don't pretend you're actually doing it for the kid. Love and judgement are way apart. They are perfect opposites.

Reactions: sif and Deafsn0w
ouvreyes

ouvreyes

シシ
Oct 7, 2018
Well then answer a simple question - why wouldn't you keep your kid indoors unless absolutely necessary? Why wouldn't you ban him from using a car or riding a bike? Every time he does it he exposes himself to all kinds of danger. And if it will one day result in brains on pavement - how is it different from this guys fate? And how are you different from this mother?

The only reason you're so 'smart' is cause this particular jump resulted in his death. That's all.

If a teen decides to stick his hands in a boling water, say for a sake of doing challenge, then I'll make sure he knows he will probably get burns and it's going to suck, but if after learning this he still decides to go ahead - it's his life and me infringing upon it has nothing to do with love. Just like if somehow I myself want to stick my hands into boiling water for a challenge I wouldn't want you coming and preventing me from it. If you give me advice - that can be love. But if you all angry like 'are you retarded, stop immediately' and you actually try to stop me - it's nowhere near love. It's just you imposing yourself on me. Ultimately doing it for yourself and your feelings.

And that's all I'm saying. Be judgemental all you want. Be imposing all you want. Be all darwinisque. Just don't pretend it's love. Don't pretend you're actually doing it for the kid. Love and judgement are way apart. They are perfect opposites.

The lack of basic reasoning is screaming at me that this is a troll... but, you realize that the chances of your particular child being right in the path of a swerving car or whatever is relatively low, right? And that sticking your hands in boiling water has a 100% chance of mangling your hands, right? And that as humans we are constantly making rational decisions based on obvious probabilities like this, yeah?

Reactions: sif, Lavalamp, Pegasus and 5 others
Threads

Threads

Warlock
Jul 13, 2018
Thread is locked, flame war is brewing and civility is beginning to fade.

I'll DM the OP and ask for permission to remake it, because there was some quality discussion happening before derail.

If a user is bothering you, just click on their profile and click the ignore button.

Reactions: sif, TiredHorse, gingerplum and 2 others
Status
Not open for further replies.