I will buy you a dog if you like my posts
Sep 4, 2018
god i wish that was me

Reactions: silentinbetween, retarddd, Kdawg2018 and 10 others
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
Damn. It's one thing to want to die, it's another to want to feel the rush of living and to die instead.

Death by stupid. Pretty awful, in every way I can think of.

Reactions: sif, Kdawg2018, MsM3talGamer and 5 others
G

GeorgeEastman

Arcanist
Sep 3, 2018
Wonder if the article lied about that instant death.

Reactions: sif, Kdawg2018, MsM3talGamer and 6 others
Lunaemoth

Lunaemoth

Dec 14, 2018
I can't believe they didn't do any research on how long it takes even a proper parachute to open... He fell so fast. It makes me wonder if he did want to ctb and was lying to his mother/family. Either way I can't believe they encouraged him.

Reactions: sif, Kdawg2018, MsM3talGamer and 9 others
M

mysterymask

Dec 17, 2018
guys...anyone knows anything about nitrogen suicide?

Reactions: sif, letmeseethedeath, Kdawg2018 and 3 others
Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
I can't believe they didn't do any research on how long it takes even a proper parachute to open... He fell so fast. It makes me wonder if he did want to ctb and was lying to his mother/family. Either way I can't believe they encouraged him.

Don't buy into 'expert' fearmongering. Man took the risk, man faced the consequences. Courage is not free.

Reactions: sif, Deafsn0w, Kdawg2018 and 2 others
E

Ella Disenchanted

Student
Sep 3, 2018
This is tragic. It was incredibly stupid but the kid was 14. It's horrible that he paid for it with his life.

gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
That's a Darwin Award, but for the mother. Anyone that would let their kid jump off a building with a "homemade parachute" shouldn't have had kids to start with. It was her only job to protect that kid from harm, and she failed him miserably.

Reactions: sif, bag.of.cats, ouvreyes and 8 others
Pegasus

Pegasus

Experienced
Dec 15, 2018
I hope his death was swift and painless. This was a preventable accident.

M

MsM3talGamer

Voluntary deletion
Nov 28, 2018
Poor boy. I hope he didn't suffer and died quickly.

Reactions: therhydler, Deleted member 4288, Deafsn0w and 3 others
D

DeletedUser4739

Reading this thread from the bottom up and I sincerely don't know if I can handle this level of whatever it is I'm going to read at the top. Wtf is going on world?!

Reactions: Chinaski, Deafsn0w and Kdawg2018
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
That is beyond ridiculous. You're never in a million years going to build up enough drag resistance with that low height, even assuming your crappy homemade parachute deploys, which it didn't. There's a reason they skydive from 12,000ft. What adult in their right mind would get behind this?

Reactions: Johnnythefox, therhydler, MsM3talGamer and 5 others
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
That is beyond ridiculous. You're never in a million years going to build up enough drag resistance with that low height, even assuming your crappy homemade parachute deploys, which it didn't. There's a reason they skydive from 12,000ft. What adult in their right mind would get behind this?
An extraordinarily stupid, profoundly irresponsible adult with a dead kid.

Reactions: bag.of.cats, TiredHorse, therhydler and 5 others
D

DeletedUser4739

I love your sensible breakdown of this fucking train wreck. I needed to laugh.

Reactions: sif, Pegasus, Deafsn0w and 2 others
Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018

Check out the video in my earlier post.

Reactions: sif, Deafsn0w and Kdawg2018
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Check out the video in my earlier post.
In all fairness, the guys in that video looked like they had done this before, and definitely had professionally made parachutes.

Reactions: Deafsn0w and Kdawg2018
Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
That's a Darwin Award, but for the mother. Anyone that would let their kid jump off a building with a "homemade parachute" shouldn't have had kids to start with. It was her only job to protect that kid from harm, and she failed him miserably.

I think you're mistaken on her part and she's not irresponsible or bad mother. I mean if she actually was like 'my kid is going to jump with homemade parachute from 14th store, sounds dangerous, but fuck him anyway' then yeah she's a bad and irresponsible mother. But I bet it's not what happened. I bet she's in fact an actual loving mother, a real mother. And a real mother can't not let her child do anything if she knows the child is sufficiently grown to understand possible consequences of his actions. Sure if it's 2yo playing with loaded gun - she can and will put the gun away. But if it's a fully functional 15yo guy who wants to risk doing a base jump - what other choice she possibly has but to accept that even though part of her is going to be broken if he dies, still it's his life and his choices and she has to respect it? She's a mother not a cop.

Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
In all fairness, the guys in that video looked like they had done this before, and definitely had professionally made parachutes.

Maybe he has done it before too. Anyway the only point is parachutes do work at this height.

gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
I think you're mistaken on her part and she's not irresponsible or bad mother. I mean if she actually was like 'my kid is going to jump with homemade parachute from 14th store, sounds dangerous, but fuck him anyway' then yeah she's a bad and irresponsible mother. But I bet it's not what happened. I bet she's in fact an actual loving mother, a real mother. And a real mother can't not let her child do anything if she knows the child is sufficiently grown to understand possible consequences of his actions. Sure if it's 2yo playing with loaded gun - she can and will put the gun away. But if it's a fully functional 15yo guy who wants to risk doing a base jump - what other choice she possibly has but to accept that even though part of her is going to be broken if he dies, still it's his life and his choices and she has to respect it? She's a mother not a cop.

"...a real mother can't not let her child do anything if she knows the child is sufficiently grown to understand possible consequences of his actions."

"...if it's a fully functional 15yo guy who wants to risk doing a base jump - what other choice she possibly has but to accept that"

That is one of the most patently ludicrous things I have ever read. 1) You can't possibly be serious, and 2) You obviously don't have children.

What kind of irresponsible lunatic lets a 15 yr-old dictate what he's going to do?!? I have an 18 yr-old son, and it is still my job to ensure his safety. If he wants to stay out all night and drive home with a syringe full of heroin hanging out of his arm, according to your logic I have "no choice but to accept that". No. I can be his actual parent, and do my fucking job. If it means playing cop, then I become a cop-- because I will protect my child--from himself, if necessary-- with my last breath. That's what a parent does.

As far as being "fully functional," the male brain isn't fully developed until around age 25... until then, they have real difficulty postulating outcomes and controlling impulses. This is why teenage boys pay the highest rates for car insurance. This is why teenage boys are the cause of more frequent and more serious accidents.

https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?ContentTypeID=1&ContentID=3051

What this "mother" allowed sets new standards for reprehensible and unforgivable parenting. If that country has any form of child protective services, she will be investigated, possibly prosecuted, and hopefully have any remaining children removed from her care.

You're right, she's not an "irresponsible" or "bad" mother, she's far worse than that. She's an abysmal failure as a mother, as a guardian, and as a human being.

Last edited:
Reactions: sif, Lavalamp, Made4TV and 7 others
Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
That is one of the most patently ludicrous things I have ever read. 1) You can't possibly be serious, and 2) You obviously don't have children.

What kind of irresponsible lunatic lets a 15 yr-old dictate what he's going to do?!? I have an 18 yr-old son, and it is still my job to ensure his safety. If he wants to stay out all night and drive home with a syringe full of heroin hanging out of his arm, according to your logic I have "no choice but to accept that". No. I can be his actual parent, and do my fucking job. If it means playing cop, then I become a cop-- because I will protect my child--from himself, if necessary-- with my last breath. That's what a parent does.

As far as being "fully functional," the male brain isn't fully developed until around age 25... until then, they have real difficulty postulating outcomes and controlling impulses. This is why teenage boys pay the highest rates for car insurance. This is why teenage boys are the cause of more frequent and more serious accidents.

https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?ContentTypeID=1&ContentID=3051

What this "mother" allowed sets new standards for reprehensible and unforgivable parenting. If that country has any form of child protective services, she will be investigated, possibly arrested, and hopefully have any remaining children removed from her care.

You're right, she's not an "irresponsible" or "bad" mother, she's far worse than that. She's an abysmal failure as a mother, as a guardian, and as a human being.

Oh I'm dead serious. No I don't have children but I do have a cat and I do know what it's like to love a being. I do know that when my cat wants to do something dangerous, there's part of me that feels unease cause if something happens to him I'll be in pain. So there's part of me that immediately wants to stop him. I even feel resentful at him for doing it. But I also know that if I do act on this impulse then I won't be doing it for him, I'll be doing it for me and my feeling. Because the reality is it's his right to go into danger, no matter what I feel. It's his life, and in this life you can't trully live and avoid danger. So if you trully love then you let him be, not control him cause if he dies you gonna feel bad.

My own mother did it to me, she put a lot fear into my soul and destroyed me emotionally. Only later I realised it wasn't mother destroying me. Which is very logical. Mother is love and love won't destroy you. But her caring for her feelings, for herself, and these feelings demanding I not die - this will and did destroy me.

Same way society has drug ideology. Drugs are bad. Those who use drugs are bad. They are sinners. So they are looked down upon, resented and punished. Just like all sinners were always punished. So if somebody who's an adept of drug ideology has a child - then he will impose his beliefs on him just like he would impose them on anyone else. He is a cop first and foremost. Sure there's also parent in him, love, but this side is always suppresed and dominated by cop. Besides you can always believe it's a 'tough love', so you can exterminate the conflict and silence the parent part of you by deluding yourself. And it's what they do. Still the reality is love points in one direction, cop points in opposite.

You're not protecting your child from himself if you impose yourself on him. You just act out your ideology of what a 'good guy' is supposed to be. You're making him into what you want him to be. Or you care for your emotional security. But in any case you're not acting in his best interest so you're not being a parent here, you're being a cop. Just like a society is being a cop by self-righteously preventing people from suicide. Under the same exact guise of 'protecting people from themselves'.

No 15yo let alone 24 yo has any difficulty postulating outcomes and controlling impulses if such a control is actually in his interests. It's just there are impulses that YOU want him to control and outcome YOU want him to avoid at all costs, but since it's not in his interest he's not going to do it. A mother can only tell 'if you speed, you will create a greater possibility of crashing'. She will advise. And if it's something he actually didn't understand (which is dubious) then he will be thankfull 'thanks I didn't know that'. And then he either avoids the risk or takes it, depending on how he feels. Although in reality they always know the danger, they just choose to face it, and it's something you can't let happen cause you have feelings.

All this stuff about male brains (only male?) not being formed is from the same opera as those 'experts' saying parachutes won't open at low heights. Just a buch of nonsense to back the prevailing sentiment.

Love means you let those who you love be as they want, risk their lifes when they want (and not when your feelings say it's ok like it's not ok to speed your car but it's ok ride a bike even though both carry equal possibilityof brains on a pavement) and be sovereign over their lifes. All this other stuff with cops, arrests, resentment and punishment - it's not love, not mother. It's something quite a bit else. Exact opposite.

Reactions: Sanguinius and Deafsn0w
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Oh I'm dead serious. No I don't have children but I do have a cat and I do know what it's like to love a being. I do know that when my cat wants to do something dangerous, there's part of me that feels unease cause if something happens to him I'll be in pain. So there's part of me that immediately wants to stop him. I even feel resentful at him for doing it. But I also know that if I do act on this impulse then I won't be doing it for him, I'll be doing it for me and my feeling. Because the reality is it's his right to go into danger, no matter what I feel. It's his life, and in this life you can't trully live and avoid danger. So if you trully love then you let him be, not control him cause if he dies you gonna feel bad.

My own mother did it to me, she put a lot fear into my soul and destroyed me emotionally. Only later I realised it wasn't mother destroying me. Which is very logical. Mother is love and love won't destroy you. But her caring for her feelings, for herself, and these feelings demanding I not die - this will and did destroy me.

Same way society has drug ideology. Drugs are bad. Those who use drugs are bad. They are sinners. So they are looked down upon, resented and punished. Just like all sinners were always punished. So if somebody who's an adept of drug ideology has a child - then he will impose his beliefs on him just like he would impose them on anyone else. He is a cop first and foremost. Sure there's also parent in him, love, but this side is always suppresed and dominated by cop. Besides you can always believe it's a 'tough love', so you can exterminate the conflict and silence the parent part of you by deluding yourself. And it's what they do. Still the reality is love points in one direction, cop points in opposite.

You're not protecting your child from himself if you impose yourself on him. You just act out your ideology of what a 'good guy' is supposed to be. You're making him into what you want him to be. Or you care for your emotional security. But in any case you're not acting in his best interest so you're not being a parent here, you're being a cop. Just like a society is being a cop by self-righteously preventing people from suicide. Under the same exact guise of 'protecting people from themselves'.

No 15yo let alone 24 yo has any difficulty postulating outcomes and controlling impulses if such a control is actually in his interests. It's just there are impulses that YOU want him to control and outcome YOU want him to avoid at all costs, but since it's not in his interest he's not going to do it. A mother can only tell 'if you speed, you will create a greater possibility of crashing'. She will advise. And if it's something he actually didn't understand (which is dubious) then he will be thankfull 'thanks I didn't know that'. And then he either avoids the risk or takes it, depending on how he feels. Although in reality they always know the danger, they just choose to face it, and it's something you can't let happen cause you have feelings.

All this stuff about male brains (only male?) not being formed is from the same opera as those 'experts' saying parachutes won't open at low heights. Just a buch of nonsense to back the prevailing sentiment.

Love means you let those who you love be as they want, risk their lifes when they want (and not when your feelings say it's ok like it's not ok to speed your car but it's ok ride a bike even though both carry equal possibilityof brains on a pavement) and be sovereign over their lifes. All this other stuff with cops, arrests, resentment and punishment - it's not love, not mother. It's something quite a bit else. Exact opposite.

"All this stuff about male brains (only male?) not being formed is from the same opera as those 'experts' saying parachutes won't open at low heights. Just a buch of nonsense to back the prevailing sentiment."

Yeah, no. Actually it's not from an 'opera,' it's a universally accepted theory from the scientific community:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892678/

That's irrefutable. The rest we can agree to disagree on; what you call "love," I call criminal neglect. I'll stop my cats from drinking antifreeze and my kids from jumping off buildings. The rest we'll leave up to Darwinism and see who comes out ahead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lavalamp, Made4TV, DeletedUser4739 and 4 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Rollo pls quit your awkward lowkey trolling. You already sent me an uncomfortable PM the other week which I let slide but now you're in here saying this is a loving mother etc. If this was my kid he'd have to climb to that roof over my dead body.

The mother should never have assumed this was a good idea and of course should have taken for granted that this isn't going to end well because he's, get this, 15. He should never have been allowed to pursue such a foolish and reckless stunt under any circumstances.

Aside from that, you seem to be missing the point that the parachute was homemade and hopelessly inadequate. If you are planning a low altitude base jump you better have the right equipment or you will end up a pancake.

Anyway, you openly admit you're not suicidal which as such is okay but when you're posting just to get a rise out of people and sending them unwelcome messages it's probably time to seek greener pastures. This isn't a zoo.

Reactions: Jen Erik, Made4TV, DeletedUser4739 and 9 others
Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
Yeah, no. Actually it's not from an 'opera,' it's a universally accepted theory from the scientific community:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892678/

That's irrefutable. The rest we can agree to disagree on; what you call it "love," I call criminal neglect. I'll stop my cats from drinking antifreeze and my kids from jumping off buildings. The rest we'll leave up to Darwinism and see who comes out ahead.

There were all kinds of accepted scientific theories that turned to be nothing. So it's highly refutable. It's refutable by a simple fact that I was fully capable of postulating outcomes and controlling impulses when I was 15, let alone 24. It's just there are people who have this highly inconsistent 'safety first' agenda and they want to impose it on others. For them no one's brains are formed unless they subscribe to their idea of when it's ok to be safe and when it's not. Regardless of whether they're 15 or 50.

We don't have to see who will come ahead by the merit of Darwinism. Those will come ahead who spend every breathing moment doging danger. They don't go outside unless absolutely necessary. They don't ride bikes or even cars. You get the idea. So unless you subscribe to this absolute danger dodging philosophy - you're not really a Darwinist yourself.

You can call it whatever you want but it's still love. When you don't let your cats drink antifreeze - it's love. They don't know antifreeze will poison them and you can't convey it to them, only stop them. But when you won't allow your cat to roam outside, even though you see it's the only thing he really wants - it's not love. It's you caring for your feelings, for yourself. And sacrificing your cats well-being in the process. And same with you stopping your kid from living his life as he wants to live it, including stopping him from base-jumping. To me THIS is trully criminal neglect.

Still it's only my opinion. As you said lets agree to disagree

Reactions: Sanguinius and Deafsn0w
M

MsM3talGamer

Voluntary deletion
Nov 28, 2018

You fail to realise that when parents have kids they're signing on to do the following job: guide and protect their children from harm till they become fully functional, mature adults. They do their JOB by PARENTING. If an impulsive teen decides to stick his hand in boiling water, will you allow him to just so you're not "a cop"?

You can't compare a kid to a bloody cat. Are you one of these demented "furbaby parents"? The fact is that this boy was failed on all levels by the adults around him, especially his dumb bitch of a mother. They all watched him plunge to his death while cheering him on. Anyone with half a brain cell could see that it was a tragedy waiting to happen.

I feel pure disgust with this tragic story. I hope that his mother is prosecuted for allowing her young immature son to jump off a high building with a HOMEMADE parachute. And spoiler alert: I don't have a kid (or a cat) but I have enough sense to see how disgustingly this teen was failed by the adults around him.

I sincerely hope you're just trolling for the sake of any future children you might have. If not, there will be more Darwin awards to be won.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lavalamp, Pegasus, Deafsn0w and 2 others
ouvreyes

ouvreyes

シシ
Oct 7, 2018

is this satire

Reactions: Lavalamp, Made4TV, DeletedUser4739 and 8 others
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
You fail to realise that when parents have kids they're signing on to do the following job: guide and protect their kids from harm till they become fully functional adults. They do their JOB by PARENTING. If an impulsive teen decides to stick his hand in boiling water, will you allow him to just so you're not "a cop"?

You can't compare a kid to a bloody cat. Are you one of these demented "furbaby parents"? The fact is that this boy was failed on all levels by the adults around him, including his dumb bitch of a mother. They all watched him plunge to his death while cheering him on. Anyone with half a brain cell could see that it was a tragedy waiting to happen.

I feel pure disgust with this tragic story. I hope that his mother is prosecuted for allowing her young immature son to jump off a high building with a HOMEMADE parachute. And spoiler alert: I don't have a kid (or a cat) but I have enough sense to see how disgustingly this child was failed by the adults around him.

Girl, let's hand off the homemade parachute and the torch of folly and walk the fuck away.

Reactions: Made4TV, DeletedUser4739, Deafsn0w and 3 others
ouvreyes

ouvreyes

シシ
Oct 7, 2018

Don't buy into 'expert' fearmongering. Man took the risk, man faced the consequences. Courage is not free.

Apart from these guys having real parachutes, 36 feet is very different than a 14 story building. Since they open up the parachutes as soon as they drop, they don't have enough time to pick up deadly speed before the drag starts slowing them down, and they hit the ground seconds after.

Reactions: Made4TV, DeletedUser4739, Deafsn0w and 2 others
Status
Not open for further replies.