W

wendydong1

Experienced
Jul 31, 2019
I just want to have my trust in people back...

Not being able to trust people, is not fun. An awful way to live

• Hugs
Reactions: cowbain, CuriousAboutThis, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
Horrible way to live, there is only so many times you can be let down- yet still try to have faith & trust in other people...if it's betrayed too much - it becomes impossible - in my experience. Don't want to say there are not trustworthy people out there- I think there are- but certainly for me enough people have let me down now- that I don't really trust anyone anymore.

W

wendydong1

Experienced
Jul 31, 2019
Horrible way to live, there is only so many times you can be let down- yet still try to have faith & trust in other people...if it's betrayed too much - it becomes impossible - in my experience. Don't want to say there are not trustworthy people out there- I think there are- but certainly for me enough people have let me down now- that I don't really trust anyone anymore.
I still trust my two closest friends who has been my closest friends for years.

But with new people, people I just met, or coworkers, I start to think the worst in them. I start to question.

I don't like it at all.

MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
I still trust my two closest friends who has been my closest friends for years.

But with new people, people I just met, or coworkers, I start to think the worst in them. I start to question.

I don't like it at all.
That's good that you have those friends and it is good to hold on to that trust - I have become overly cynical in my current state of mind & due to certain people - but it is certainly good to have those people you know you can rely on. They are the ones that matter. Some people prob aren't even worth worrying about & shouldn't take up your thoughts I guess. Though that is always easier said than done.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Trust is a very fickle thing. Good people are too trusting and there are many out there who would take advantage of this. Those same good people will have that trust broken many times and will then analyze whether it's worth it to be nice or kind anymore.

This kind of happened to me, although I've tried to keep my kind nature I've also stopped trusting people so easily. It becomes a delicate balancing act like most things in life. The sad fact though is that many whom you trust with your heart would still betray you given the right circumstances.

Reactions: MeltingHeart and SinisterKid
I

I'm exhausted

Living in constant fear. I need cats!!
Jul 12, 2019

I agree. This world is just scary to me. Not only don't I trust others, i don't trust myself either. It sucks because as much as I want to get better I can't afford the treatment and got screwed over because of it so there's no hope for me left.

C

CuriousAboutThis

Uncertainty in life uncertainty for the next life
Dec 30, 2018

I agree, I trust people as much as I don't trust people meaning think it as if the more I trust people the more I don't.