Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
TheDevilsAngel

TheDevilsAngel

LetMeFree
Apr 22, 2019
I find I am not true to myself, I am not who I want to be or who I know I am... I am pretending and I want to be brave and be who I am without feeling judgement from myself or others.... I want to be proud of who I am... Does anyone else feel like they're pretending all the time? Trying to hide their true identity?

• Hugs
Reactions: mediocre, Nemeshisu, UninformedLover and 1 other person
Flume

Flume

Villain
Oct 28, 2019
No one can deal with me, I'm a monster... I have to hold back there's no other choice.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei, Nemeshisu and TheDevilsAngel
Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
Is it possible to be "true to oneself" and be a hypocritical two faced pretender "in good faith " ?

It's taken me years to realize a big key to 'success' is the ability to fake it and lie in order to get on in life.

Being true to myself , in the purest sense ,was an impediment ...

Reactions: Epsilon0, Nemeshisu and TheDevilsAngel
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

I'm back and I'll still smile for you
Dec 31, 2019
I'm true to myself, though in the eyes of some people that would be a bad thing. I love myself and I know myself well. I'm not pretending or anything because there's no point for me to in my opinion. If I wasn't true to myself, then I wouldn't be here on this forum. I'm honest with myself in that I believe life is pointless and want to erase myself from it. I understand pretending though. I used to do it for a long time. I would lie to myself and to others. I hated everything about myself. Being not true to myself I was unhappy and miserable but thought I wanted to live. Being true to myself I know that the correct path is to take matters into my own hands and end it myself. I'm much happier accepting the truth and not hiding behind lies. But that's just me.

• Love
Reactions: Epsilon0, Nemeshisu and TheDevilsAngel
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I don't know who I am. Having BPD I pick up easily on other peoples traits, hobbies and behaviours so my own being is kinda lost in everyone I've encountered over the years.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: noctiva, Epsilon0, Sensei and 4 others
TheDevilsAngel

TheDevilsAngel

LetMeFree
Apr 22, 2019
I don't know who I am. Having BPD I pick up easily on other peoples traits, hobbies and behaviours so my own being is kinda lost in everyone I've encountered over the years.
Yes i very much understand I had d.i.d I am always changing and picking up on traits like you.... I just want to be one person there are too many different sides to me
Sorry have not had

• Hugs
Reactions: Nemeshisu, MysticPerception and BPD Barbie
Nemeshisu

Nemeshisu

Experienced
Dec 25, 2019
I am the one who has to vote ,,unsure" actually, because I am not exactly sure what you mean by being true to myself.

Genuinely, Inside my "heart" to put it in poetic way, I am true to myself. I know for sure that I want to CTB. I act like true self when I am alone. And I am kinda proud of who I have become even though, I am not who I thought I would be. I love myself despite the fact that I want to die (Which is quite unusual amongst suicidal people according to pro-lifers).

However, on the outside I am still forced to wear mask and pretend who I am not, just to hide the fact that I want to CTB before normal people. I keep making some fake plans for the future etc. I don't want to just get locked in Psych ward. I don't make big deal of hiding this little thing about myself though. And except that I think I still act pretty true to myself, even though some people may not like me because of it.

• Love
Reactions: TheDevilsAngel, MysticPerception and Epsilon0
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I have spent my entire life being a people pleaser. I never dared to say no to anything that was expected of me, out of fear of letting others down. The driving force behind every one of my actions was to get a pat on the back for being a good girl. I guess that's one of the reasons I have mental issues. It takes a toll to supress yourself for decades, to squeeze yourself into a mould that is too little for you.

It's only due to my wanting to ctb that I finally could not be bothered to think about society's and other people's expectations. But it's a hard habit to break. So, I sometimes find myself being untrue to myself, falling back in old patterns.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheDevilsAngel, LucyJordan, MysticPerception and 1 other person
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
It's so hard to be true to myself. Often my only true answer is "I don't know, it's messy and complicated". Am I isolating myself from other to deepen my depression, or do I genuinely feel no connection to that person? Do I keep working because there's a chance it'll improve my life in the nearest future, or just because I'm afraid of losing financial stability or peer pressure? Do I really want to play this game now, or has it turned into a way to pass time until my set date? It's hard to answer these questions, and it's even harder to not forget to ask yourself, since the answer changes from time to time.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nemeshisu and TheDevilsAngel
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Yes but then I could not be true to myself by saying that. I'm surprised to see that many no's unless they can remain anonymous

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel