• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

TheWorld'sLeftovers

TheWorld'sLeftovers

Low consciousness
Aug 23, 2023
So I attempted a partial hanging today, but I didn't feel like I was getting fuzzy or losing consciousness at all. It was just that my windpipe was being restricted and I couldn't breathe. I did put the rope above my adam's apple, but it still felt like it was just pressing into my windpipe and not constricting my carotid arteries. I tried to put socks in for better pressure on the right areas, but still failed. Any advice?

Reactions: Jealous Blackheart
TheWorld'sLeftovers

TheWorld'sLeftovers

Low consciousness
Aug 23, 2023
My understanding is that the goal is to restrict blood flow in the carotid artery, which should bring about unconsciousness and death very swiftly. The problem is that the carotid is pretty deeply embedded in the neck tissue. Most people seem to end up crushing their windpipe and/or jugular veins instead. This can kill you, but it's a lot more uncomfortable. It's also slower, which increases the risk of being found and "saved" after brain damage has ocur
Yeah, that's the idea, which is what I'm trying to do. Do you have any tips that could help me get to the carotid artery?

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
Sorry—double post!

The night-night megathread has illustrations on where to press. Supposedly packing a solid, blunt point into the neck wrapping right over the carotid helps. I tried cut raw potatoes. The right size, shape, and firmness, but too slippery. I couldn't get them to stay.

___\

My understanding is that the goal is to restrict blood flow in the carotid artery, which will bring about unconsciousness and death very swiftly. The problem is that the carotid is pretty deeply embedded in the neck tissue. Most people seem to end up crushing their windpipe and/or jugular veins instead. This can kill you, but it's a lot more uncomfortable. It's also slower, which increases the risk of either being found and "saved" or reflexively thrashing yourself free in the window between unconsciousness and death. Brain damage is a likely result.

I tried the "night-night" method, which is quite similar to partial-suspension hanging, and never managed to do more than compress my jugulars. I could feel my head filling up with blood, which is a very nasty sensation. There's got to be a way to make partial work, but most people seem to give up on it. (I did.)

Last edited: