• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
Part of my plan includes going missing to give me the time and space to ctb. I live in a beautiful area full of mountains and dense forests and I'm excited about my last adventure. My question is about mobile phone tracing or 'pinging' as they call it (I'm in the UK) Do you think they will be able to find me easily by pinging my phone?

Reactions: Yorkshire91 and Death_is_Escape
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
I could be wrong here so don't take this as fact. If you go to a rural area with no service, they wont be able to ping you. If you are in a rural area and have service, its more than likely you are connected to one tower which will say a big area surrounding that mast that you could be in and it would take a pretty big search. For them to triangulate you, I think you need you have access to more than one phone mast. You might also have apps that give your location via GPS which is way more accurate, I think the Facebook app has that capability.

Reactions: BPD_LE
frees

frees

swoosh
Sep 6, 2019
Yes, that is possible. In the countryside the accuracy of the method the authorities use is not that great, but good enough to find you if the police is looking for you.

P

ProlongedSentence

Mar 14, 2019
Part of my plan includes going missing to give me the time and space to ctb. I live in a beautiful area full of mountains and dense forests and I'm excited about my last adventure. My question is about mobile phone tracing or 'pinging' as they call it (I'm in the UK) Do you think they will be able to find me easily by pinging my phone?
Shut it off. Completely. Only sure way.

Reactions: BPD_LE, MerrySkeleton and Stan
MerrySkeleton

MerrySkeleton

Aug 16, 2019
Shut it off. Completely. Only sure way.
This. Also be aware that unless your phone has a removable battery it can still probably be turned on remotely in a number of different ways. If you don't want to break the phone you can wrap it in two full rolls of aluminum foil and that should block any kind of signal from getting through.

Reactions: not from here, Subhuman and BPD_LE
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
I guess it also depends why you have your phone with you. Listening to music? Looking at some photos one last time? Sending goodbye messages or texts?

BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
I guess it also depends why you have your phone with you. Listening to music? Looking at some photos one last time? Sending goodbye messages or texts?
I guess I don't want to die alone and would like to post here. I could remove gps apps. I was hoping the area to be searched would be so big it would take a while. Plus add on the time until I'm reported missing and the police response time which is bound to be shit. But then again, I'd feel a bit guilty about search and rescue. Do they get paid or are they voluntary?

A

Amz_Falls

Student
Aug 23, 2019
I guess I don't want to die alone and would like to post here. I could remove gps apps. I was hoping the area to be searched would be so big it would take a while. Plus add on the time until I'm reported missing and the police response time which is bound to be shit. But then again, I'd feel a bit guilty about search and rescue. Do they get paid or are they voluntary?
If you are considered 'high risk' every single police officer will get diverted to look for you. Sounds crazy but it's true, protecting life is their priority. When I went missing they found me before id even managed to get to my location. I'd told no one where I was going it was crazy. I was missing less than an hour. There were about 10 police cars, police dogs, fire arms, helicopter. They through everything they have into it. When I said how the fuck did you find me they said 'we're the pollife it's that we do!'

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Subhuman, Notcutoutforlife and BPD_LE
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
, I'd feel a bit guilty about search and rescue. Do they get paid or are they voluntary?
Bit of both.

You need be in an area with decent coverage if you are going to stay in touch. I don't know what your method will be so time may be a significant factor

BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
If you are considered 'high risk' every single police officer will get diverted to look for you. Sounds crazy but it's true, protecting life is their priority. When I went missing they found me before id even managed to get to my location. I'd told no one where I was going it was crazy. I was missing less than an hour. There were about 10 police cars, police dogs, fire arms, helicopter. They through everything they have into it. When I said how the fuck did you find me they said 'we're the pollife it's that we do!'
Shit that's not good! I live alone and am pretty isolated. The few people in my life don't know I'm actively suicidal. Services do, but only weekly contact. I think I have a good amount of time before anyone realises.
Bit of both.

You need be in an area with decent coverage if you are going to stay in touch. I don't know what your method will be so time may be a significant factor
Hanging so I got 30mins. Thing is I don't want to feel rushed. I want to chill and enjoy my surroundings and leave emotionally peacefully. Ideally with my phone, but it's a risk isn't it. Having coverage to connect with people will mean having coverage to be pinged. It's a bugger.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ἡγησίας
A

Amz_Falls

Student
Aug 23, 2019
Shit that's not good! I live alone and am pretty isolated. The few people in my life don't know I'm actively suicidal. Services do, but only weekly contact. I think I have a good amount of time before anyone realises.

Hanging so I got 30mins. Thing is I don't want to feel rushed. I want to chill and enjoy my surroundings and leave emotionally peacefully. Ideally with my phone, but it's a risk isn't it. Having coverage to connect with people will mean having coverage to be pinged. It's a bugger.
How about buying a cheap phone and putting your SIM card in that and leaving it somewhere then buying a pay as you go sim? You in the UK too?

Reactions: not from here and BPD_LE
Morphosis

Morphosis

Experienced
Sep 22, 2019
Wow. I would've shit myself if I'd seen all that coming for me

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
How about buying a cheap phone and putting your SIM card in that and leaving it somewhere then buying a pay as you go sim? You in the UK too?
Thats a good idea!

I guess though you are looking to be found at somepoint though so if they can be helped by the phone its a time risk that you have. Unless you know exactly where you are going and can leave a map with your note(s) at home

A

Amz_Falls

Student
Aug 23, 2019
Wow. I would've shit myself if I'd seen all that coming for me
I almost did! Was so close to where I needed to be though but couldn't outrun the fucking dog haha. Before I knew it I was facedown on the floor with like 6 people on top of me. They were all really nice once I was 'safe' though.
Forgot to say they will also ring you phone. I ignored the calls so the police negotiator started texting!

• Wow
Reactions: weeks of the day and Morphosis
BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
Yeah UK. Good idea. Can you get data to go online for pay as you go phones? I'll only be coming on this site.

A

Amz_Falls

Student
Aug 23, 2019
Yeah UK. Good idea. Can you get data to go online for pay as you go phones? I'll only be coming on this site.
Yes you can :-) but if you live anywhere near I am your lucky to even get 3G!

• Hugs
BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
Thats a good idea!

I guess though you are looking to be found at somepoint though so if they can be helped by the phone its a time risk that you have. Unless you know exactly where you are going and can leave a map with your note(s) at home
I'm not really bothered either way about being found. So maybe pay as you go could work.
Yes you can :-) but if you live anywhere near I am your lucky to even get 3G!
Amazing! My heart just lifted! Thank you for your info. Will definitely look into this more!

Last edited:
A

Amz_Falls

Student
Aug 23, 2019
I'm not really bothered either way about being found. So maybe pay as you go could work.

Amazing! My heart just lifted! Thank you for your info. Will definitely look into this more!
Just email 101 just before you do it? They don't pick their emails up urgently but that way the police could still retrieve your body.

Morphosis

Morphosis

Experienced
Sep 22, 2019
Yes think it just uses up your credit if you go online from pay as you go, plus as someone said you need a decent signal

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
I don't really know much about pay as you go, but at least on the contract SIM, if you go over your data allowance it just adds to your bill, its possible that pay as you go just stops.

E

eve2004

DEAD YESTERDAY
Aug 17, 2019
You could just say you are going away for a few days to hike in some mountains (nowhere near where you'll be) and be back by (whichever day)...

Or going to spend the weekend at a spa with a friend... or something like that.

Reactions: Subhuman, GreyMonkey and BPD_LE
GreyMonkey

GreyMonkey

Heartbroken
Aug 20, 2019

If you live alone and are isolated why do you need to be worried about being pinged?

When my time comes I'll just tell my housemates I'm going camping for a couple of days, and it's unlikely by then that they'll have enough involvement in my life to take anymore notice of it. Only need a night.

BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
If you live alone and are isolated why do you need to be worried about being pinged?

When my time comes I'll just tell my housemates I'm going camping for a couple of days, and it's unlikely by then that they'll have enough involvement in my life to take anymore notice of it. Only need a night.
Because like I said, I want to be able to take my time, relax and not feel rushed or panicking that they might be looking for me and closing in. I want more than 1 night. I want a last adventure.

Last edited:
Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
I live in an area with no phone signal at all so unsure what they could do.
I think the idea of a prepaid one is good though.

Y

Yolonoodle

Bear
Sep 20, 2019
Best advice if you want to go off the map for any reason is not to take any device, cell pinging is possible and as the others have said here lots of apps have GPS

Reactions: Rachel74
E

eve2004

DEAD YESTERDAY
Aug 17, 2019

Same here. But not camping, maybe 4-5 star camping! LOL

W

welshie84

Student
Jul 17, 2019
I'm switching my phone off and leaving it at home when I ctb

E

eve2004

DEAD YESTERDAY
Aug 17, 2019
Shit, that's a great idea!
Do you need to provide ID for pay as you go? Like can you anonymously get a pay as you go phone (cryto currency style)?

Last edited:
A

Amz_Falls

Student
Aug 23, 2019
Shit, that's a great idea!
Do you need to provide ID for pay as you go? Like can you anonymously get a pay as you go phone (cryto currency style)?
Nope no ID needed!